Will char creation be closed?

Or literally can we sit in there at char select on launch day to bypass the queues and hit play when the server opens?

Looks like you’re sitting in launch day ques for a few hours or moving realms.

i dont even understand your reply

3 Likes

That’s from the Classic AMA.

9 Likes

You can make your toon and hit play, but you’ll most likely be sitting in a very long que, depending on your server. Any server with High pop to full will have ques, but those that are named full will have Hour + ques.

you dont grasp the question. the queues are to GET TO the char select screen, however its currently open to get to there, so in theory we can sit there at char select hours prior to launch and be instantly into the world when it opens

3 Likes

You can enter the server and be ready to click “enter world” as soon as it’s up. It will be a race to see which 10k people get loaded in first.

If you have the screen open and click “enter world” but you don’t get loaded in the first 10k (or whatever the “full” number is), you’ll be dumped into a queue. Whether that means being kicked out of the server into the realm list screen again or whether that means a queue counter will come up on the character load screen…/shrug. Dunno.

Thanks so that tells me that they are closing the char creation prior to launch

guess ill just be waiting for hours yay PVE.

It’s possible that when you go in on launch day to open the realm/char selection screen, you’ll already be in a queue. Dunno.

My plan is to pull up my character screen the moment maintenance finishes and leave it open until launch.

1 Like

I’m not as sure about that. They will be resetting / doing maintenance, but then bringing them back up allowing players back to the char creation screen. It just means people can’t sit in there from today until release.

2 Likes

Yes to make it some what fair I’d imagine.

I’m off that day so I’ll spend it getting back in everytime I’m kicked off to maximize my chances of being able to sit at the character list and wait for that enter world button to light up.

Hopefully no one breaks their enter button.

Make sure you all get setup on char select screen 45 min before launch … :wink:

1 Like

I bet you will sit on character select screen and when game goes live it crashes. I am thinking logging in right at the time the game goes live will put you in the game first (with a moderate queue of course). Just a theory

No? You have queues to get into the server. Once in the server, you can make toons and enter without a queue.

In responce to OP, I think the answer is yes. You should be able to just sit in the character selection screen and the “Enter World” button will light up when Launch officially happens. That’s what I understood from the AMA yesterday anyways

1 Like

The character selection screen will time you out in 30 min, even if you move toons and make toons and click around. So you will have a small window to skip ahead of the queue.

1 Like

So we can pretty much log into character select (provided we are available to do so IRL) a couple hours in advance and the pop on our toon when the play character button lights up. Nice, thank you.

Why is everyone posting there will be long que’s? Layering is going to alleviate most of that. The que’s according to the dev’s will be coming when layering is ended

Skipping the queue by sitting at character select screen won’t do much good. Sure it’ll get you in quicker. Good luck with the world server not going down, the lag not being horrible or your game not crashing when it tries to render 300 people in the starter area.

[Q: Will servers be brought down at some point before release or will players be able to sit at character select waiting for “Enter World” to activate? ]

A: We are likely to perform some kind of realm restarts or maintenance between now and launch. However, in the minutes leading up to launch, our plan is that the realms will up and available and the Enter World button will instantly light up once we’re launched.

1 Like