Will blizz start banning people for racism and sexual harassment then?

I am sorry your experience has been difficult. The Ignore system in game was not great for a long time. You had to first ignore each char. Then you could ignore all their chars from one of yours - but only on the same server.

They have fixed that now so that if your char Norinila puts someone on ignore, no chars on their account should be able to contact your char.

I know it takes time to document people who still find ways around that, but please do. Report in game and Ignore. Write down the name, server, chat channel, time, etc. Then put in an Ongoing Harassment ticket. I know it is work, but that is what has to be done. There is no in-game quick report for ongoing harassment patterns given those are not obvious from a simple right click report.

4 Likes

Context matters though

like what square foot of space can you keep cool? We talking a shop fan, commercial. These details are important and need to know.

Thatā€™s a little extreme. Doesnā€™t sound like they were actual friends.

6 Likes

This sort of behavior is quite strange, if they were even your friends in the first place.

4 Likes

I donā€™t care how close you are to me, if you say I canā€™t say something around you then you wonā€™t be around me ever again.

1 Like

100% this. I mean we now have people reporting and deleting posts calling Vulpera ā€œValupasā€. You canā€™t have an honest discussion about this issue with the perpetually offended.

2 Likes
2 Likes

:rofl:

Nowhere near it, Iā€™m just not going to censor myself for you but Iā€™m not going to subject you to my words knowing you donā€™t like it, thatā€™s jerk moves imo. The only possible choice is to never speak to that person again :man_shrugging:

Howā€™s that fishy? There are a lot of creeps in the internet and also in WoW. Something like that also happened to me in BfA and I had around 8 characters from that person on ignore because everytime I ignored him he just messaged me with another character after a few days. That has also happened to a lot of people I know from RP servers. Sometimes there are people who canā€™t accept that you donā€™t want anything to do with them.

I find it really weird that there are so many people here who mock situations like this and even want proof before they stop doing so.

Again it depends on context

Stunning and brave.

If you had asked my grandparents before they passed, they would have said modern society with the short skirts, dating without chaperones, profanity, etc, is WAY too permissive! OMG the things you can see on TV!

I think people forget just how restrictive social rules tend to be when dealing with strangers/public. You canā€™t just spew insults at people (not saying YOU were) and expect them to want a person around anymore.

Yes, this is also something that is not new. Humor is often at the expense of others and whoever is the butt of the joke wonā€™t like it. This is also why people have always had social clubs that meet privately so they can engage with people of similar backgrounds or mindsets.

Where some go wrong, is thinking that the general public wants to hear their thoughts unfilteredā€¦ and will accept them the way their close friends do. Most of us learn that pretty young - we use polite outside voice at work, in public, with strangers, etc.

I even remember to say ā€œpleaseā€, ā€œthank youā€, and ā€œexcuse meā€!

With the exception of Australia, it is marked for children 12 or 13 and up. Rated T.

3 Likes

Everyone has their own views on what is or isnā€™t acceptable. Thereā€™s nothing I can do about that, they should be free to feel however they want to feel. The best I can do for them is not speak to them again because if a situation arises where saying what they donā€™t like to hear is relevant to the conversation Iā€™m gonna have to say it.

Hey thanks broski.

12 or 13 and up is Teen, not Children.

You think itā€™s weird that people are skeptical without proof, but I find it weird that you want me to believe strangers on the internet without it. Sorry.

I know we are supposed to #believewomen and I am always willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but I could easily hop on a female alt and say the exact same thing as OP, verbatim, and Iā€™d be lying. Ya feel me?

We know these things happen. No one is saying they donā€™t.

2 Likes

Sheā€™s not obligated to give you ANY proof whatsoever.

More victim blaming yay. God this thread is gross.

8 Likes

Actually it doesnā€™t. If someone finds his language offensive, then not being around them is in the best interest of both parties. There is no context required.

In Australia it has an M rating which is, according to the message that plays in movies, not recommended for children under 15.