Will arcane ever get fixed?

But is greater invis a utility or defensive? Why should my invisibility be tied to a defensive? A 3 second long one at that. It just doesn’t make sense

Arcanes always been bad. It’s like Demo for warlocks. Good very few times, but 90% of the time it’s trash and they can’t balance it.

1 Like

Yeah, I just hate how arcane is portrayed by NPCs, and even in the Warcraft movie as this insanely powerful magic. But playing an arcane mage doesn’t even get close to representing how powerful it is

I just have to say that is amazing dps for a dungeon. from my point of view anyway. great job!

When I first got back into wow at 8.2, i rolled a mage and did pvp as arcane. it was awesome. i love the visuals and sounds of arcane. it would be nice if they would fix the spec. that could be said for a few others as well.

That’s credit to the tank. Bigger/faster pulls = big numbers. I just hit Arcane Explosion 4 times, then Arcane barrage, then repeat.

1 Like

Ion put his foot in his mouth AGAIN and said in the Preach video that “if mage a is good at x and mage b is good at y, it’s working as intended.”

At this point, they’re only going to work on issues that keep single dps specs of hybrid classes from being functional in all content it seems. As mages, we’re expected to spec swap whether we want to or not and keep a bag full of gear.

The only single dps class they seem interested in trying to make functional across all specs is Warlocks. I assume most of the devs that play casters play lock. Just my tinfoil hat theory.

It’s laughable how out of touch Ion has become with the player base. I play a SPEC, not a CLASS. My opinion of him was already low before the Preach video. That sealed the deal for me.

8 Likes

yeah, idk how others play this game, but i play the spec as well. id like all 4 of my druid specs to be relevant.

Why are every void elf with names beginning with Ae so cynical? This is just a video game.

I know, I wish they’d bring back Arcane Explosion

Play a mage for a few expansions. It breeds cynicism.

I’m speaking as a mage who had to go fire to be relevant for this tier even though I HATE the spec.

1 Like

I hope they help us out too! I don’t want to get kicked out of groups for my spec anymore.

Like, I can switch to Fire if you want, but I’ll probably be doing 11k because I have no idea how to play it! :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Like Demo they could easily make it fun and interactive as a spec, but they just won’t do it because the other two mage specs are good. I wish Demo played like it did in WoD combined with Wotlk utility and the spec would be amazing.

1 Like

WoD demo was awesome. But then “class fantasy” meant 2 classes couldn’t morph into demon form. Their new pet class got that ability and demo got the shaft.

1 Like

I main a mage. All 3 specs have multiple builds and they’re effective in all content.

Calling people out by names or demanding people lose their jobs because slight changes in a game don’t meet your expectations is childish.

If you can say “all three specs are effective in all content” then i call BS on the fact that you main a mage.

Unless all you’re doing is questing, lfr, and low keys.

1 Like

I never said you can’t do well. I do well either arcane. I’m saying that on average, it is the worst dps spec in dungeons. This is confirmed by just going to Warcraft logs and checking

You’ll also be hard pressed to find a mythic guild that’s going to take an arcane mage … especially if there are fire mages available.

1 Like

Perhaps you can specifically cite instances where they’re not?

1 Like

Is that a joke? Arcane explosion is a dps loss in cleave scenarios. AE is an AOE spell, not cleave