Will a cpu upgrade help my FPS issues

So I currently have a i5-10500f with 32gigs ram @3200 and a 3060ti, I found a good deal on a i7-11700 since it will fit my motherboard and I cant really afford a full overhaul atm, will this improve my FPS performance in wow as Ive read that wow is more CPU than GPU when it comes to raiding graphics…

I run at all lowest settings right now and im only getting about 30 fps in raids…

I also know people are dealing with FPS and Latency issues since DF launched but I ive also read that my current CPU is not the greatest…

-TIA

I wouldn’t waste the money right now there’s to many people having that problem even with high end computers

1 Like

That’s why I am just saving up and waiting for things to improve with newer high end rigs. Plus the Nvidia GT 4000 series are suppose to drop in price as well…well I hope here in Canada at least.

this thread is just lol. There’s no way you’re having to run WoW on it’s lowest setting with that hardware.

2 Likes

the fps drops are only in raid, and ive tried everything including 0 addons but dbm and it doesnt help…soo you keep thinking what you want but its happening

1 Like

I have a 13900k with a 4090 and I get 70 fps in Valdraken as long as its not raining.
Dungeons and raids it varies between 100 and 300. Definitely feels low for an 18 year old game but I think the biggest issue is that it runs on like a single core of the CPU (one thread I believe) so most of my horsepower is going unused.

My issue that started last week is that the game locks up after I tab back into it. Like I can go to a chrome tab on my other monitor, see the game running fine on my main screen but when I click back over it will sometimes freeze until windows asks me if I want to close the program or wait.

1 Like

This forum may help some of you experiencing the fps issue and stuttering. I leave this link here to see if this resonates for some of you.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/massive-stutters-with-df-client/1379249/

Edit: There is a blue asking for dxdiag after the normal troubleshooting which I am sure most of us have already done.

People with 4090s and 12900s are having issues with this game right now.

4 Likes

This comment above is so fax… (edited my quote out…)

We had this video linked in the huge thread about this.

You can see the fps drops and stuttering…

I’m running Intel Core i9 13th Gen 13900KF, 2 TB PCIe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Suprim water-cooled, 64gb ddr5 Corsair Vengeance 5200mhz with a 48inch Lg Ultra gear Oled 4k monitor. Prior to the patch, I was averaging peak performance of 145-180fps ultra/high settings with every option maxed in Valdrakken on a Tuesday morning. Post-patch I am barely breaking 45fps. Every other game I’ve thrown at this machine performs. Unfortunately wow is the only game that suffers performance.

3 Likes

at the moment wow is tided to one core of the CPU. if Blizzard remade wow to use 2 or more cores the game may run better. also wow has some code from 2005 that don’t play nice with newer computers and Windows / Macs

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.