Wildhammers can be Druids

The hinterlands by the entrance.

If you look up Wildhammer Clan, it has Druid in the rpg section of characters classes. Of course it’s been said that the rpg isn’t canon. Still it would be nice to have some of those rpg classes available to the playable races.

1 Like

All race/class restrictions need to go the way of the dinosaur. This is just a game meant to be fun. We should be able to be whatever we want.

I wanted to be a Gnome Paladin. Couldn’t. Disappointed. Then wanted to be a Kul Tiran Paladin. Couldn’t. Disappointed again. Ok so Nelf Paladin. Couldn’t. Disappointed again. Fine so how about Panda Druid. Couldn’t. Disappointed again. Right, m’kay, then a Human Shaman. Couldn’t. Disappointed again. What about a Rogue Draenei? Couldn’t. Disappointed again. Mage Tauren? Couldn’t. Disappointed again. Looking at the upcoming Vulpera I’m thinking Druid Vulpera! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand nope. Disappointed. Again.

Whole lot of “disappointed” here blizz and those are not all of the combinations I really wanted to be either. Yeah, whole lot of disappointed.

2 Likes

I imagine seeing dwarves using the form of badgers to be tanks.
Owls as a form of flight. Or Griffons?
Rams as a form of travel?

1 Like

So, this is how I invariably picture Blood Elves claiming to be druids…

5 Likes

I would roll a Wildhammer druid with Canadian Lynx cat form in a hot second.

5 Likes

Wildhammers can’t be druids. Stop trying to bend the lore for your bad headcanons.

1 Like

I wouldn’t put much stock in the RPG mention of Wildhammer as Druids.

1 Like

Wildhammers have no lore to be Druids. So I’m not sure where this whole “they can be druids” thing comes from.

The RPG isn’t canon lore. So new lore would have to be created for them.

5 Likes

Wildhammer dwarves and the High elves are best friends. Let the both allied races be finally playable for the Alliance! :heart:

lol No different than much of the stuff Blizz comes up with.

/points to Calia
/points to the majority or BfA

4 Likes

That doesn’t mean we should continue down the path of bad writing, though.

Now, granted, it wouldn’t be that difficult to create the lore for Wildhammer druids and it’d make more sense than some of the other ridiculous ideas people have for race/class combos. But they’re not a separate race, so therein lies the issue.

But my point is, we should never be complacent and advocating for more bad lore.

1 Like

Only if their flight form is a griffon and I can ride them.

1 Like

3 dwarf shamans, the variety!!

1 Like

Tandred Proudmoore only existed in the RPG, until BfA happened, so…

1 Like

Somehow it always becomes about High Elves…

2 Likes

Which is unlikely to ever happen. Dark Iron got that spot and it seems Blizzard doesn’t believe Wildhammers are worth putting that sort of effort into them.

Thus my comment of “new lore would have to be created.” Not sure how you missed that.

And druids in the RPG weren’t the druids we have in game. They were just primitive Nature users without shapeshifting.

I also addressed this in my next post had you read it, too:

3 Likes

I understand, but you need to realise that’s the lore in Azeroth, think of it like Elder Scrolls how many elves? Think theirs 4/5 But that’s Elder Scrolls…

These are the people of Azeroth, Allies of the Alliance, Council of three hammers, war of the three hammers Blizzard created all this lore and story for Warcraft.

Edit: Also remember Wildhammer Clan would of gotten the Allied Race make over like Dark Irons did, before Dark Irons even had a skin regular Bronzebeard Dwarves could of picked… People argued the same thing (another dwarf race, can already pick the skin, It’s another dwarve race) but Dark Irons are the most 120s in a Allied Race for Alliance and look completely different… while Kultirans are dead last and understandable… I’m not a fan of fat humans either.

Originally Blizzard had allied races to open class and race combos not available to the core races, Wildhammer Druids would be amazing, Shaman is just a given :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:t4:

2 Likes

Oh, I agree. I don’t want bad lore. Some people see dwarves become druids as bad lore and I don’t agree. Allow them to be trained and learn to become them. If dwarves can learn to be Warlocks from someone who was once their enemy, Dark Iron, then it seems reasonable they could learn from people who have been their allies for many years. With everything that has happened in Darkshore and Teldrassil maybe a group could go and help. Numbers shouldn’t be an issue because we have Void Elves. lol Unless you consider them a bad addition. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes