Wild Pets in Shadowlands

Has anyone found any information from sites or streamers about whether or not wild pets are going to be in Shadowlands. Currently they don’t have any on beta and if you look at the unlearned with source - pet battles - there isn’t anything in there except one world quest pet.

Yes, there was a blue post that said Shadowlands will have “plenty of new pets to capture.”

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-pet-battles-in-shadowlands/590828

1 Like

Yes I saw that - it was written on July 22

It specifically mentions this week build and the next few builds. We are long past the next few builds and still nothing. It is especially concerning, they aren’t even showing in the collection interface as existing.

Wowhead guide has over 70 pets for which the source isnt known. They probably in that group somewhere and are yet to placed in beta.

I will have a look at that thanks.

Small note about Beta Pet Battles: Roughly 30-40 battle pets were removed from the Pet Journal today. Unclear if a mistake, intentional, or just a Work In Progress. So things are still very much up in the air right now. I wouldn’t expect any wild battle pets this week… but hopefully next? (might be unlikely)

I haven’t gone through any updates on the article, but before today’s build I had three pets with pet battles as their source:

• Tranquil Wader (Ardenweald)
  • Misty Leaper (Ardenweald)
  • Gorm Rootstinger (Ardenweald)

Then there’s the one with the named pet battle – Cowering Lost Soul for the Lost Soul, but as far as I am aware, no one has found this battle or what it will entail.

I am concerned they’ve removed so many pets, either through accident or by design, and I’ll likely be leaving them in the Xu-Fu’s article, but adding a note.

Hopefully we’ll see some major fleshing out of the new pets, fixing bugs that have been reported in-game and on the forums, and the activation of the wild pet battles. We still have until Shadowlands launch, since only one new pet will be available during pre-patch/launch, which means well over a month. However, a lot of these bugs have been reported since they came up on beta, which means, as per usual, fixing said bugs is likely right at the bottom of their priority list.

ETA: We do have quite a few pets that don’t necessarily have a source listed, but do come up as non-tradeable. This will, usually, indicate a wild pet, though it does also apply to other pets, like achievement ones, and so on.

Yes, you are correct the sorting by source isn’t picking up all the new pets if you sort by specific zones.

Speaking of new pets, are we getting another collection size boost? I’m almost out of room in my pocket dimension.

Not that I’ve seen, no.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they add another increase item at some point during Shadowlands.

It may be time to start sorting through your collection and caging those that you least need for a later collection size increase. That or sell them to the highest bidder. I know with some pets from places like islands and visions that I quickly get 3+ and don’t really plan on using all 3.