Wild Charge Macro

Is there any macro in 8.0 that could combine shapeshift and Wild Charge? For example, as Moonkin I normally leap backward but if I want to immobilize someone I could one button Bear->WC.
Gotta use 2 gcd’s
Yeah you can make a macro but you will have to press it twice since they are both on the gcd, like mentioned above.
1 Like
Can you set a pause timer in the macro for just beyond the duration of the GCD (add a little for server lag just in case)?
11/11/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Pemangsa
Gotta use 2 gcd’s
Correct me if im wrong but didnt ion say movement abilitys like wild charge would come off the gcd in 8.1.
2 Likes
11/12/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Tortuyo
11/11/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Pemangsa
Gotta use 2 gcd’s
Correct me if im wrong but didnt ion say movement abilitys like wild charge would come off the gcd in 8.1.
Hope so but not sure

You are correct!

1 Like

Wild Charge no longer on CD in 8.1

Macro possible now?

1 Like

Should be possible now Wild Charge is off the GCD, but unsure how it’d interact with a forms macro such as Bear-Charge.

It should work now, give it a go.
/cast [noform:1] Bear Form
/cast Wild Charge

So the [norform:1] means the macro can only be activated as a caster or…?

Will probably narrate several macros and name them according to functions: Moonkin = Retreat, Cat = Pursuit, Bear = Charge, Caster/Tree = Friend, and Stag = Leap.

1 Like

The no form modifier asks that if the of not in the required form, it will then cast that ability. Though if it is in form, will ignore. Likewise, [form:1] will only work in bear form, which may be recommended for the second line if the are issues.

The 1 informs the macro that it is looking for the player to not be in bear form, while 2 is Cat, 3 is travel, and 4 is Moonkin.

I regularly use this line for Boomie in the case of attempting to dps out of form.

With caster wild charge, you could also consider a @mouseover. Or maybe even multiple modifiers to dictate what form you’d like to run.

/cast [mod:shift,noform:1] Bear Form; [mod:ctrl,noform:2] Cat Form; [mod:alt,noform:4] Moonkin Form
/cast [noform,@mouseover,noharm,] Wild Charge; Wild Charge

I’m unsure if it’ll work perfectly as I’m on mobile (on a tram), so give it a shot :wink:

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought anything with a GCD would end the macro, so the Wild Charge being off GCD doesn’t help since it is cast last?

Nope, something with a GCD wound end the macro for any other things that are on the GCD, but still leaves it open for abilities are off the GCD.

So I tried simply:

/cast Travel Form
/cast Wild Charge

When I used the above macro as a Moonkin, I would just leap backward. I guess the ability alters itself base on the form you’re currently in, even if you have a macro that (supposedly) turn you into travel form before you cast Wild Charge?

Tbh, I haven’t tested the above macros, but had suspected there may be timing issues.

Try:
/cast Travel Form (Shapeshift)
/cast [form:3] Wild Charge

From my mobile, so untested, but will hopefully work as the [form: 3] should avoid being set of out of travel, and the (Shapeshift) sometimes helps.

#showtooltip Wild Charge
/cast [stance:0/5, @mouseover],[stance:1/2, harm],[stance:5, @player] Wild Charge

this is the one a player & i figured out for wild charge & shapeshifting in feral spec, perhaps modify it to suit your needs?

remember that you must change the stance to suit your needs, i have treant and stag forms so this works for me as is
0 will be human form
1 will be bear
2 will be cat
3 will be travel
4/5 will vary depending on if you have the forms unlocked (treant and stag)

i hope this helps get you there, if you need one on one help pls message me in game, Subwoofurs of MoonGuard

confirming this macro works for bear, cat, travel, no form as intended as of March 2018 (patch 8.1.5)

Blockquote
#showtooltip wild charge
/cast [mod:shift,noform:1] Bear Form; [mod:ctrl,noform:2] Cat Form; [mod:alt,noform:4] Moonkin Form
/cast [noform,@mouseover,noharm,] Wild Charge; Wild Charge

Does anyone have a macro that take you out of moonkin form and makes you leap towards a friendly target? Like geoing from moonkin to regular troll form and then leap to a party/raid member ?

/cancelaura Moonkin Form
/cast [@mouseover] Wild Charge

This would be the very, very basics of what you’re after.

2 Likes