Wificard/tech illiterate

-gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 2x2 802.11ac dualband wifi 4.2 card

So I had this thing for about 2 years and for the past week I’ve been having connection issues. I called my provider and they claim that nothing is wrong with the router/modem. The wifi strength is fine and it shows all of the bars, but I kept getting knocked off from the network. Sometimes I have to open the network menu twice a day to reconnect to my network. So I suspect the card. And today, I had to re-connect 5 times.

This thing is probably dying so what should I get to replace it? Another one or something more modern?

if that is a PCIe card, any replacement PCIe ard should be fine.

Or you can just get a USB WiFi dongle.

If you do that, get one that has a long cord, so you can place the actual receiver unit where it gets great signal.

My wife used a TP-Link USB WiFi receiver that had a 4ft cord. She could put it up on the top of her desk-hutch and it was great.

We wired her in, but not because it was an issue, just because i finally stopped being lazy and went down and ran a cable over too her office area at the same time i was running one to my son’s bedroom.

Ya, its a PCIe card.

Windows 10 and updated? There has been issues with their latest updates to Bluetooth and network.

Could try using an older driver or maybe check to make sure windows power plan isn’t set to save power for it.

I haven’t updated windows for the Fall creator 1903 yet, but I’m doing it now. Would I have to find a PcI-e card that supports 1903 because it seems some drive updates don’t support 1903.