Wifes trial account keeps getting locked "due to suspicious activity"

Had my wife make an trail account to see if she would like to play. She’s been playing on my pc (she just prefers it until she gets a desktop). We had her just make her own account instead of using mine because she didn’t want to lose her progress in the trail version. But she played for a hour or so went to come back and her account is locked for “suspisious activity”. lol? I’ve made her two accounts both ended same way? So before she actually pays a subscription, what are we doing wrong?

Im kinda confused on one thing is she creating a whole new account entirely is it under your account.

Usually this sort of thing happens when an account is accessed from multiple locations within a very short period of time.

One way to combat this, is to have her add a Blizzard Authenticator to her account. This should provide a superior level of security and virtually eliminate suspicious activity locks at the same time.

2 Likes

If one or both of you are using a vpn or a browser that mangles the IP address, there may be conflicting ip addresses that are triggering the warning.

2 Likes

Fixed. She was trying to login to her account in game with my account logged into blizz launcher. Would temp lock her account. Have her account all is well.

4 Likes

Interesting! Glad you got it sorted out and thanks for letting us know what was causing it too :slight_smile: It’ might very well help someone else out in the future too!!

1 Like