Why wPvP is More Fun Than Battlegrounds

Where is this mythical realm?

2 Likes

Horde and underdog do not go together, that’s all. Nothing more, I’m not blinded by anything.

Thanks for the laugh though.

4 Likes

Awful wPvP contributed to players making the decision to leave their realms.

e.g.

People also stopped playing Classic because of awful wPvP.

7 Likes

An alliance on my own server backed me up in this thread. You can do whatever type of content you want on a somewhat balanced server.

What are you on about?

3 Likes

Meh different people like different things at different parts of thier play days.

Another example i like twinks in the 39 49 area. If i beat one i take a little extra yay! Same at 60 if i beat a overgeared to me opponent in any setting.

Which will be normal because ill be in blues cant fit raid times this go around. Well hope to get at least pvp blue set and some rep epics

I didn’t bring up content though did I? I scoffed at you saying underdog while being Horde. Nothing else.

Stop making stuff up.

3 Likes

You can choose to be outnumbered (the underdog). That’s a type of content either faction can do.

Scoffing and ignoring the entirety of the message, which had little to do with that, is what i was criticizing.

1 Like

I personally agree that wPvP is more fun in a general sense, however the way wPvP is undertaken in most circumstances I feel to be negative and unenjoyable for all parties.

The small scale PvP situations in world that are fluid are some of the best PvP moments but I find they don’t really convey the norm for wPvP. Instead mostly it is revolved around large groups using addons to hunt small numbers of players, or griefing at undefendable positions.

I feel bgs can still provide the same notoriety and rivalry as wPvP but it all depends on how the cross realm matching is instigated. As long as the pool of players is small enough it’s reasonable to expect that you will consistently run into the same people over and over, but if thet just do something silly like all NA servers being combined…well it won’t be as good then.

1 Like

If they want to minimize bg queue times, they’ll group all the NA servers together.

1 Like

Nice post OP.
I’ve always done PvP servers too. Love being on the underdog teams.

Haha, that’s true. I’m on Bigglesworth alliance. The only time I’m alone is when I’m playing a stealth class. But that’s because when I’m alone, I get destroyed by groups. Even if they weren’t a group in the beginning, the sheer amount of players on the servers coupled with being even slightly unbalanced, means you’re always next to someone, and they might kill you. If a fight breaks out, there’s always a couple more running by that will jump in and kill you. Best way to prevent that is bringing a partner. Makes everyone think twice.

When it comes to wpvp, I had the most fun on Timeless Isle. Killing my own faction was refreshing and hilarious.

6 Likes

does not compute

3 Likes

Heartseeker morning hours

Respect to disagree, OP.

Wpvp is super lame, but I am probably spoiled by other games.

#savetheSouthShoreBears

2 Likes

I play there, and you are full of crap… Horde are like cockroaches and alliance are like hens teeth

1 Like

what server are you on?

I’m on the outnumbered faction on one of the worst imbalanced realms in NA, and I like world PvP.

How will you dismiss my opinion?

he is not dismissing the OP, the OP literally sayd he likes world pvp becuase he likes being the underdog. and he is not the underdog on his server.

3 Likes

Horde absolutely can be. on Bigglesworth, Horde have 20% more people than alliance, but that’s not true during all times of the day, and absolutely not true in every zone. WPL/EPL is constantly under alliance rule where horde are hunted and farmed.

Just because a server overall has an alliance underdog status, doesn’t mean that alliance are always the underdogs, and that doesn’t apply to individuals. You can join large groups and roll people, or you can fight groups solo. I largely fight groups solo, thus i’m the underdog in almost all my engagements because i choose to be outnumbered in almost all of my engagements.

Also i never said i liked pvp BECAUSE i liked being the underdog. I said I enjoy being the underdog the most.