Why would you want to play classic if servers are dead

then transfer them once transfers are up and running

Don’t take this wrong, it’s not a counter or arguing just a thought.

But I feel like people will be saying the exact same things about BC/WLK whenever we get past the content on their last phases. “Oh it is good for what it is, but it had so many problems etc etc”.

People treated Classic like it was going to be the best thing ever and how it would be perfect etc, sure there was acknowledgements of where it was lacking but even then no one thought to say “Eh it will be good for what it is, low pop etc” And I get it, it was new at the time in some sense as well as a long awaited return, but I just feel like when BC and WLK get to their same ends as Classic did, people will likely be saying nearly identical things.

I mean you’re not wrong. WOTLK did have some issues, but it depends on your point of view. I found dungeons extremely easy, and LFD make it even moreso. Getting badge gear was substantially easier than TBC as well. Other than gearing and LFD, WOTLK was about as solid as it gets for an expansion. DK’s were overtuned and overplayed, but thats to be expected with a ‘hero’ class launch.

I’m sure TBC will have its issues once its all said and done. I started in TBC so I never got to experience vanilla, but playing classic left a very bad taste in my mouth. I have to say, I didn’t really enjoy it. Itemization is absolutely terrible, and half the classes/specs were just useless. PvP was a joke due to no resilience, etc. But I will say, the year/era that vanilla came out and the game itself, I’m sure it was mindblowingly good walking into an MMO for the first time, and the world is vast and full of adventure. They did good for the time and experience they had.

The issue is that TBC era servers will have the same issue. Everyone will move to Wrath and some people will clone chars, and there’ll be like 20 people on the TBC era servers.

That’s just the reality of what happens after 6 months of farming the final tier. People just want to see new content and all the guilds move on so people move on with their friends.

I just don’t think this situation is manageable.

Something more manageable would be if they create new reroll servers that stop at a certain era. i.e. Classic era new servers or TBC era new servers (after Wrath starts).

I do agree here, to a certain extent. TBC still has a reason to play, and the same reason that people are playing TBC this time around but skipped on vanilla. Arena. I think TBC will have a bigger playerbase than vanilla simply because of arena. But you’re right, the majority will go to WOTLK. As we know, WOTLK is when subs were highest, so most people returning are probably impatiently waiting for wrath. I personally think the WOTLK launch is gonna be the biggest launch wow has ever seen.

personally I think blizz should take a hard stance on no TBC forever realms.

imo open classic fresh -> choice to enter tbc or move over to classic forever.

the realms that are tbc will then merge into “wrath forever”

every 3 years new classic fresh will open.

tho personally I don’t even want wotlk servers but a lot of retail people do so it will happen. I would be pleased as punch if it was just fresh classic to TBC back to classic fresh on a years long seasonal cycle.

Its a sticky situation

Yeah I think the only “forever” servers that will have a big population are likely WOTLK.

TBC and classic just don’t feel like natural stopping points for most guilds/players interested in progression.

I can see tons of people cloning TBC chars but then going to spend 99% of their next year on WoW in WOTLK. How does that make TBC work? You have the same problem classic era has now.

At least with TBC, arenas are playable with just 2/3/5 so that’s at least something TBC has going for it.

Classic PVP doesn’t work as well when there’s only a few dozen playing WSG and that’s it.

1 Like

I guess, it if happens.

Vanilla is dead.
Hail to TBC.

Yeah thats true, also most people consider WOTLK ‘end of the line’ for the “classic” era WoW. There isn’t anywhere to go after, so it’ll probably be end game for most.

1 Like

DD and grobb need to merge that’s for sure. I think with the state of things we dont have the luxury to care about timezones. I spent all of classic on grobb so if i did a classic forever character i would naturally go grobb. seems ridic that we wouldnt be merged with DD thats basically our sister server

Yeah, sort of feels that WOTLK will be the place where people just stay or quit or go to new fresh classic/TBC servers.

There is a lot of people that just have 0 interest in anything beyond that.

2 Likes

yeah the only other more recent expac I know is popular for a niche audience is MoP.

The expac that wasn’t popular at first but definitely grew on people, especially pvp’ers

MoP is my favorite post-cata expac but I dont want classic MoP servers because it opens this whole can of worms about classic realms in generals. They should not go past wrath. Cata screwed up the old world (literally and figuratively). Classic should be pre-cata and everything post cata is just retail.

Oh I fully agree, TBC is kind of the “break” expansion for me personally. Not the biggest fan but it’s alright. WLK though can’t wait.

I mean to be honest, Classic is nothing like Vanilla. I mean sure, it’s the same game in general, but we went through so many patches that had such drastic changes in varying ways while also not having the internet(much less good internet) that we have today.
Vanilla was REALLY big for me, Classic was nice in returning to it to some degree but as another big baddie says, “times change”.

Honestly the most fun I had was Classic Beta. It introduced something new. We were all stuck capped to level 30 which meant half of the world was greater levels than us. It created a whole new meta of BiS and everything with level 30 hunters including mine having to kite lvl 40+ quest mobs for their BiS 30 bow.
We’d build massive raids to go into zones that way out leveled us. It was like in world raid zones and it felt amazing! I really wish Blizzard had taken note of how that went and saw some possible ideas behind it.

2 Likes

Not at all, we just need 40 people playing Vanilla and it will be grest

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.