Why would you want to play a Classic forever server?

Whatever dude. Classic is already in a horrid state. Keep repeating the “win win” nonsense. Perhaps someday it will come true.

It would not be a nightmare at all

They can simply make new tbc servers and limit population on them and have the “copys” be done much like the name reservation phase of classic release, people would organize what server they want to play on, and possibly have to compromise on a different server if any particular one is too full.

Or

They simply creat a handful of vanilla stasis servers that you choose to copy your character to while forcing all existing servers into tbc, and the stasis servers would have queues to login if too many people are playing, but most likely would not, because its obvious the majority of players would be playing on tbc servers, so they would very likely never be too full at any given time, and the queues would not be long if they were regardless

Classic Vanilla and Classic TBC are separate versions of the game and should be separated. That is why when TBC launches there should be option for transfers.

And I do not want vanilla to disappear to TBC because if you do this TBC will disappear to wrath and so on.

#STOPKILLINGVERSIONSOFWOW

Exactly, separate games

So there is no reason why you should have to “delete” your character in classic in order to “transfer” them to tbc

That would be like being forced to delete your save file on mass effect 2 if you transfer your playthrough choices into mass effect 3

This. Why can’t we just preserve something nostalgic?

Let me know when you can create a copy of your classic characters for retail, and vice versa.

Thats a COMPLETELY different situation and the fact that you would even attempt to correlate the two shows that you are either

1. An idiot
  2. Outright trolling
    Or
  3. All of the above

Going to help you see the light on this one. If blizzard copies all the characters and say 80% go to TBC then the 20% stayed in the prior version players get screwed with drastically lower populations on their servers. But if you progress every server and then offer transfers for Eternal servers those whom want to stay will all be together on 1 or 2 big servers not gasping for air on a myriad of low pop servers.

another greater reason for transfers is

:pancakes:

Why? They can simply make connected realms, like they do in Retail, to keep a healthy Classic population.

Classic WOW is predominantly a mix of three types Vanilla fans, TBC fans, Wrath Fans. Each version has enough player support to fuel their own respective eternal servers and seasonal servers.

If you want to be really gritty about it all the game could be like this

-Classic Eternal Vanilla servers with seasonal classic vanilla servers that upon completion offer transfers to classic eternal servers or TBC eternal servers

-Classic Eternal TBC servers with seasonal classic TBC servers that upon completion offer transfers to classic TBC eternal servers or Wrath eternal servers

-Classic Eternal Wrath servers with seasonal classic Wrath servers that upon completion offer transfers to classic Wrath eternal servers

Here no one losses anything. You can progress as you choose or stay if you prefer that version.

And guess what, we are in a COMPLETELY different situation than we were at the end of OG vanilla.

Your petulant desires are still very duly noted.

Oh yay, that is exactly what those who came back to the game solely to play vanilla again want: a major retail feature.

You forgot about the 4th type: retail players just looking to consume content, and feeding off of classic because there is no separation of games via sub. With no care in the world about the bloat left behind by their playstyles, and the horrendous economies created by the botters/goldsellers that catered to their playstyles.

I WANT those that care more about TBC and onward to progress off of vanilla servers. I want all of that baggage taken with them.

1 Like

I understand 100%. People play this game for a multitude of different reasons beyond just leveling to max and raiding/gearing up.

If Classic though becomes just a “I didn’t (or did) play BC, so I can now be good.” It loses the reason why people played Nostralius and preferred Classic vanilla WoW over retail to begin with.

People are tired of the meaningless grind to the top, only to have to repeat the cycle every 2 years while adding mounts/cosmetics/T-mog sets to the gift shop. No intrinsic rewards exist in modern day WoW.

It’s an effective tool to essentially merge realms while getting to keep your name. What’s the problem with that?

You mean besides losing the entire point of server identity and community? It is already bad enough that blizzard forced the CRBG patch on us, despite player objections.

I have no problems with the people that want to play both. However, I do have problems with those people who only want to play TBC and are willing to poop on Classic to do get things their way.

And frankly I couldn’t care less about what the TBC only people want or what happens to them, but if getting rid of them happens to get rid of those who want to play both, then that’s a trade I’d be willing to make. The TBC only fan boys, just reminds me of Retail players. I can live without that.

1 Like

IMO they should re-release classic. because honestly, what are we waiting for? they’ll release BC, Wrath, and then we’ll be back to wanting classic again. re-release classic next, we can start fresh like we want and skip all the wasted time in between

Blizzard already stated that regardless if wow classic succeed of failed, they will still keep servers up

No again it is not about patience, i did not like the game. not enjoying something is not the same as having patience for something. idk how youre mixing the two up.

That’s why I said you clicked on the wrong forum. This question is being asked to people who actually/like Classic. If you never liked Classic then this thread has absolutely nothing to do with you.

2 Likes