Why would you stay in classic?

People been asking this all the time and as someone who likes progression it’s kinda weird to see people staying in vanilla. Some Classic players even say that tbc was the beginning of the end with the classes feeling all the same and the wpvp is dead and even defending the old pvp system saying it is way better than the arena rating one.

Some people just like classic and while the overall population will be much lower, there will likely be a core community on each server. Even with a smaller population all raids with maybe the exception of naxx should be doable. For things like BGs I would expect there would need to be more coordination where times might need to be scheduled at least for AV, just so there is enough people queuing up.

As a benefit also, the classic forever servers will likely see a large drop in bots, since with a drastically lower population, and one that’s likely less min/max and more relaxed it, there just won’t be demand, and for simply selling gold, they probably have all the gold they will ever possibly need.

10 Likes

Stockholm syndrome.

14 Likes

There keep being new threads asking this over and over and at the end of the day, the people who ask don’t seem to get that people enjoy different things. They even get responses and often still say they can’t understand.

I’m posting as someone who loves Classic as it is but will be playing TBC as well as I love to progress with my friends too.

I very much have tried to keep a lot of the things I do not like about TBC (one example: Feeling most of the TBC zones are ugly and depressing and do not really feel at all like wow Classic zones did) to myself as I know how many people like TBC and my opinions on it are irrelevant. Even though I have expressed my opinion enough about Retail here when Classic gets attacked (which is there is next to no community in Retail) because these are the Classic forums and not the Retail forums. I also do not go on to the Retail forums and say these things.

On Classic PVP: I do like Classic PVP for a few reasons. First, I like the bursty nature, I like being able to use fun engineering stuff, etc. Second, I just prefer battlegrounds and world PVP to arenas. To me, arenas are all about perfecting a formula and getting good at pressing the right keys, CCing, and LOSing, all in a small space. Now some people love this but to me, I get more enjoyment from being creative and outsmarting the enemy. This to me is a lot of fun vs formula PVP. “Yes, you can be creative in TBC+ PVP” well yes you can, but anything outside of arenas is not taken as seriously as the rating numbers are part of the “follow a formula” PVP. Even suggesting things like adding RBGs to TBC, which would add to my personal enjoyment, gets some people angry with the thought of daring to change the “arena meta”.

So those are my answers to your question. I’ll respect that you are a big TBC fan and like to progress and you should respect those other people who like different things.

Edit: I see you’ve actually created a thread asking this question before and you are doing the same thing again. You don’t need to keep asking. What I said directly above will still apply.

13 Likes

Dang it Glinda.

Here I am scrolling, scrolling, reading then boom. .

Nearly spit my Diet Pepsi all over my monitor

5 Likes

Because classic is awesome.

16 Likes

Why tho. Why would you want to? What are you going to do? Just level alts? Do raids? PvP? What does classic have that TBC doesn’t have… except money grabs and pay to win ofc.

I’m genuinely asking

Its the only version of wow i like

13 Likes

Why would I stay in classic?

Imagine playing retail.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

HAHAHAHA

HAHAHA.

HA… oh my, I realized April was over…

Sorry, but no one will take your question seriously positing behind a level 30.

Money grabs and pay to win? If you think TBC has none or less than those of classic has you might be fried.

Good luck trying to find world pvp in an expansion that discourages that.

4 Likes

Those people dont know wtf they are talking about. TBC was the peak of Class design.

1 Like

Yes.

I already explained a few of my reasons personally, in this thread.

2 Likes

You forget to take your meds there, buddy?

What on earth are you talking about?

You know damn well what I am referring to. Are under the bridge rentals getting more expensive these days that you have to migrate here?

1 Like

You’ve only really explained the differences between the two games and things you don’t like in TBC… I’m more interested in what activities you actually have planned. I’m asking because I’m actually considering cloning one of my characters.

You need serious mental help. You sound like a raving lunatic.

1 Like

That’s fair.

A lot of people staying in Classic Era want to do what’s essentially “fresh”, that is, level new characters, and do the raids with them. PVP. That kind of thing. Quite a few of them want to roll the opposite faction. I know it’s not progression and it’s not the TBC stuff but that’s what they seem to be interested in. I also know that a lot of the stuff does still technically exist in TBC but people won’t be doing it.

Some people are staying to complete their raiding or PVP goals that are not finished yet. Some people didn’t get a chance to play Classic for whatever reason and would rather just do that and not add the TBC stuff on top of it.

2 Likes

This is basically all I want to do past leveling a blood elf to 70. Any benefits to staying in classic to do that vs doing that in classic areas during TBC? AFAIK, the classic leveling zones don’t change much until Cataclysm… but I don’t know much.

ARE there changes to leveling in BC?

that is the answer i was looking for! screw classic tbc is better :slight_smile:

Mostly that it’s 30% faster or something and there are a few new quests and the extra zone.

I’m personally not going to try to talk you out of going to TBC and doing the Classic Era thing. There are definitely benefits to TBC especially if you don’t care which one you play. What I described is basically what’s happening Classic Era though.

One other thing a lot of the people going there are trying to get away from the meta stuff, pay to win stuff all of that, and just want a more pure experience. If that will last I don’t know but that seems to be a general feeling that I’m getting.

1 Like

It’s weird that some people enjoy hanging on meat hooks. But if that’s what ya like then have at it. You don’t have to understand it.

1 Like

What?? Source on this? That’s definitely relevant to my gameplay.

I just realized how hilarious your name is btw. I snorted air out of my nose.

1 Like