Why would Horde want to be in War Mode?

Why would I, a Horde member, want to freely roam the world in war mode, when the Alliance clearly outnumber us 5 to 1.
I would think the war mode bonus would be increased as incentive for more Horde members to enter war mode, thus creating more word PVP potential… I am currently seeing a 10% bonus vs a 30% bonus for Alliance.

Any insight on the logic behind this?

3 Likes

It used to be horde favored , and they tried to entice alliance to use war mode with the extra bonus.

The first few weeks of maw griefing by alliance made a lot of horde turn off war mode, and I think alliance outnumbers horde now.

It’s especially bad during ‘Against Overwhelming Odds’ quest weeks, which is when the Alliance have a quest to land 25 HK’s (I think that’s how it works? Might be max level Hordies only.) You’ll have a huge influx of Alliance players that turn WM on so that they can group up and farm their kills for quick anima. And then immediately turn it off after finishing the quest, typically to reinforce that the quest is there again next week. It’s a completely lopsided system/quest.

As for the logic behind Warmode? No effing clue dude. Tbh…I don’t think there was any? PVP and PVE realms weren’t broken in any way, yet someone decided that this system needed to be added for… reasons.

:thinking:

To kill said alliance and cull their numbers, obviously! :]

2 Likes

This guy gets it.

However, AoO shouldn’t be a thing. Or at the least it should be better designed. Like if Alliance take the quest, their WM should be forced ON for a week of game time (not until reset). Either that or just give Horde AoO or rather something named “Fixing a Mistake” because AoO (imo) should never have been made.

Also some classes just don’t function well w/o their PvP talents, FOR SOME REASON. cough cough Most of my PvP talents are just watered down pieces of crap that used to be baseline cough cough

2 Likes

Hey guys,
Stop crying and get dying. We have a quest to complete. :laughing:

I completely agree with you! A “lock-in” feature might change the dynamic of Warmode. If it was something that remained active all the way through until the weekly reset, it could potentially change the system for the better. Rather than just a “when it’s convenient for you” feature, it would have to be a decision you’d commit to, even if things aren’t going your way. If WPVP isn’t your thing then you’d have to really take that into consideration before you opt-in to Warmode.

Haha as for Horde getting AOO the problem with that is that if they gave Horde AOO, Alliance PVP would probably just cease to exist :joy: We would sheer overwhelm them. It wouldn’t even be a contest.

Definitely agree with class function in WM versus non-WM… WW in particular is heavily affected playing out of Warmode. Spriest is another that comes to mind…

1 Like

Lol as you say that, there is a raid group farming in Maldraxxus… Three bounties and counting so far!

I just ran out into a quest zone and let two 50’s kill me.
I was sitting in bear form and it took forever lol.

1 Like

Ok, this is actually pretty lame. I am sneaking up to kill people and they are either sub-60 or have half my HP.
Can’t do it.

I see no problem with this. This is business more or less as usual except Horde would have a reason to group up and fight rather than bugger off and do their quests.

Rather than swat flies to swat flies (because no one does that). It’d be swat flies to swat flies and get some candy.

Honestly, WPvP as it is now (and in BfA) would be far more tolerable if player power was universally higher. Though, that’s just my opinion coming from the perspective of “why make people relevant?” That is to say, if everyone basically had the firepower to level a city block at the drop of a hat, people aren’t relevant but a person still is.

1 Like

Me and 3 ppl went to check out a bounty that flagged on the map. It was 3 hordes, 2 dps and a priest. I mind controlled the priest for about 10 seconds and the two alliance players with me, both ret paladins had already killed the 2 horde players. Thats firepower if that is what you are meaning. Maybe you are on the wrong class

1 Like

I think wm is stupid. It should be pvp flagged all the time. But also to answer your question. I love pvp and I love the different scenarios and fights I get in on map pvp.

1 Like

Respect for that. I was trying to level an alt yesterday and kept getting ganked by a group of four 220+ ilvl 60’s and spam emoted with /spit and others. I stood no chance as level 55 vs. four level 60’s lol. I wish I had encountered you while leveling! Then you would have left me alone :laughing:

1 Like

And thus the bell would toll for the culling of Alliance xD

That’s weak.

You just told me that you used two people that play FotM, because let’s not pretend ret isn’t, to go up against even numbers and it took 10 seconds for easily the safest burstiest class in the game to settle things while you had to use CC.

My friend, if that’s what you consider leveling a city block at the drop of a hat, you have slow standards. You’re looking to win skirmishes while I’m thinking of wiping hubs clean.

The firepower I have in mind (pertaining to your scenario) is just one dude smoking one of the guys and in four or five seconds and the other two just dying from/as collateral/aoe while they return fire on the one. Everyone dead or whoever was slower as the end result.

That example is a bit abstract. Here’s a more grounded one. Un-nerfed Legion Rogue FoK Leggo + Master Assassin’s. Or Legion WW w/o templates and ability dampening in place. That’s firepower.

you can go to a level 20 area if you want that?

Why would I want to limit that level of carnage to level 20 areas?d

We are in the shadowlands after all. Might as well make it one giant gy.

The bonus needs to be shard specific so that if you play on a server with tons of alliance you get a bigger bonus. It only seems fair.

1 Like

What do you mean … only place you see them are outside the maw entrance .