Why weren't hunters buffed in vanilla classic?

i played a hunter all vanilla classic and never got buffed like a ret just did, why?

3 Likes

Rets whined harder

And they’re still complaining lol

4 Likes

Well to be fair, Rets were horrible in Vanilla and didn’t get buffed then either.

And it’s just a fact that even with the buffs they just got, Retadins will still be a bottom tier dps.

Hunters did get buffed in vanilla classic…

Technically a bug fix, but that bug was present during vanilla for #nochanges and wasn’t fixed originally until tbc.

Really minor, but people were all gung ho on their no changes back then.

Are you refering to bug fixes? Or maybe the fact hunters had to melee weave to do even remotely reasonable dps?

What “buff” are you refering to?

Edit, bug fix is very different than outright making a new glypy and changing how mechabics work lol.

I actually find it hilarious that Warriors aren’t complaining at all.
Paladins got superb utility, best tank spec and, arguably, must-have heal spec for every raid.

Meanwhile warriors got crappy arms a’la PvP spec only (except for P1), mediocre tank (arguably worst tank spec) and Fury who is also at the bottom of the chart until the very final patch (same as ret).

And after this change, fury is still much higher than ret in hardmode p2 gear.

1 Like

its a different situation. hunters were always not competitive throughout vanilla classic where as paladins were somewhat ok throughout the expansion but were subject to nerfs due to classic running on the final balance patch which had their tier 10 set bonus in play despite it not being available for 3/4 of classic. the change is a lazy way to help bridge a gap that didnt exist in original wrath because they dont want to do progressive patches

2 Likes

I also mained hunter through vanilla classic.

We got a slight buff with the changes to world buffs affecting RAP.

Thank you. Well said.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.