Why wasn't the Arlaeus / corrupt GM story a bigger deal?

I wouldn’t pretend personally (even with the breadth of experience I’ve had) to be able to claim anything about most places in a single country.

Not to mince words, I do not believe you, and I have no reason to.

Director in cheif or whatever guy had the next ridiculous title. I’ve worked for big corps and privately owned business. Nobody matters except the guy on top. I’ve seen VP of sales who single handedly made a company millions in a year get canned for undisclosed reasons.

2 Likes

The Executive Chairman. The person who leads the board.

And much of that experience, it seems, is out of the country, probably in countries that have far better worker protection laws than the US does.

This is true. I’ve never worked in the US.

It got resolved, and fairly quickly, which honestly kind of surprised me given how hard Blizzard has been dropping the ball with classic.

What more do you expect?

Lucky you. Most states are fire-at-will and they do use it, a little too much.

1 Like

Sure. I doubt most companies would fire their top engineers willy nilly though. So, my experience may be different from that of others.

well of course it did as i already said the streamer inadvertently live streamed the entire incident Blizzard scrambled to do damage control quickly

they couldnt play it off as they typically did because the video was too damning they had no way to explain away the footage

At least they know how to use capitalization and punctuation…

Double edge sword, it’s the highest risk, but the trade off is you can potentially reap the greatest rewards.

Everyone knows what happened. The GM overstepped their authority, and their misuse of GM power was overturned. Now they’re not a GM anymore.

Should they do a public lynching? Should they call the GMs mother and say vulgar things to her? Should they egg the GM’s home and paint “abuser” in bright red paint on the front of their house?

Let it go. Get some air.

So, you’re saying that your experience is completely different from an entry level customer service position in the United States, and is, therefore, not the proper lens to view the situation through, and that people who have worked customer service are probably more knowledgeable about it than you?

Wait…people are still talking about this?

People do make mistakes. But when your mistake gives a bad image to your entire company? You tend to get let go. That’s simple reality.

1 Like

thats standard operation but the question on everyones mind is would Blizzard had reacted so quickly if the streamers live video hadnt shown that GM doing what he did?

it wouldve been a lot easier to do damage control had the video not been seen by so many the truth is it put Blizzard in a very uncomfortable position they couldnt simply ignore it not with their history of questionable reactions to players concerns in issues like this

Most likely, no.

They had to act quickly because it was so public.

yeah they couldn’t simply side step the issue and deny it the video was too damaging

I wish it wasn’t a big thing but people just keep dragging out this dead horse to add a few whacks to it.

well given Blizzards track record of questionable and often slow reactions to matters like these it makes people wonder why they moved so quickly this time?

its all about integrity or a lack thereof and would they have rushed to rectify the matter had one of their company reps not had been publicly caught up in this?

behavior by one of their staff like that reflects badly on the company as a whole and honestly Blizzard doesn’t have a spotless record in terms of honest and transparency as it is and this doesn’t help improve that