Why the RMT Spam allowed in LFG?

That kills “fun” stuff though like “parties”, random tournaments (not combat related), and achievement groups

oh and rare farm groups :+1: A lot of not directly pvp or pve related activities that rely on custom titles/descriptions.

well actually it is, its IP stuff as well as bank and identity fraud.

these guys make a living of stealing peoples identities and bank accounts - and video game accounts. Why do you think people get hacked, why do you think blizzard released authenticators over a decade ago?. Plus they are stealing and profiting from blizzards own intellectual property. Thats plenty levels of illegal. At no point are these people flooding the lfg system with 3rd party weblinks operating under any legal safety and security. They only exist because they operate in ways they cant just be told “stop” unlike say private servers who are pretty easy to nail down to a fixed location and lists of names

Some sure, some not.

Big ol blizz doesn’t need my help policing. I’m sure the multi billion dollar company appreciates ya

Hey whatever makes you feel vindicated caped crusader.

i mean, it sounds like you have some vested interest in not hindering them. Not saying you do, but, you seem very up in arms about anyone who doesnt like having these types of folks in the game.

Some people just want to log in, play the game and not have to deal with any hint of chronic rule breakers, especially given the dark underbelly in which they operate

report and move on.

So i say ignore it and move on with life and you somehow interpret that as supporting them or being “up in arms”…oughtta work on those reading comprehension skills.

Do just that.

Welcome to the real world. Sometimes you may see some things or ppl you don’t like or approve of. Why let it ruin your day?

It’s like wack-a-mole. You smack one, they go get another hotmail account and pop right back up. If anything at this point they might as well just build a filter into the LRG/R windows so it’s easy to banish the ads from your sight.

Just keep reporting them, like I do.

I see it as a game of whack-a-mole.

This is actually a great idea to fix it. No custom text in actual key/raid listings but let them do it in the custom group category

That way the buyers know where to look but its not in everyones face

The ads are mostly RMT, not gold carries.

1 Like

i report every one i see daily and nothing ever comes out of it. it just hides them for myself, temporarily.

i dont think they care, its been years.

all they did is add a requirement for phone authenticator if you want to add notes/descriptions - which only bothers actual legit players that dont have a phone lol

Wonkers stop trolling

it’s actually insane. most of the streamers i know who do free carries have been silenced in the last month or two for just mentioning the existence of their twitch stream, but the same RMT groups are listed endlessly.

tbh i dont really like the idea of twitch links in a game. there are a LOT of bad streamers looking for free advertisement - it would be everywhere - fast.

ironically its probably the worst way possible to advertise your stuff. have you noticed it’s always the bad streamers doing this? youre automatically put on my list of unworthy plebs if you do that.

blizz is actually doing them a solid here.

if people are putting “twitch/supercarryfriend watch now and subscribe!!!” i would agree, but this is like “+15 with X” where X is not the name of their channel.

it’s like if i streamed as PyriTTV (i do not) and put “+15 mists with Pyri” in the channel description. is that advertising?

i will say that the people i know have stopped doing this, and for basically the reasons you’ve laid out – it’s not effective and it doesn’t look good.

1 Like

Takes time :person_shrugging: and Blizz will NEVER stop it completely, not until making new accounts becomes illegal and even then they won’t stop it because Russia and China aren’t going to enforce U.S law on their citizens omegalul.