Why the RMT Spam allowed in LFG?

Why when I load up Premade Groups (in the group finder) - do I have to clear out 10 (or more) RMT advertisements to real-money sites, every time I load it?

Can’t you get an intern or something to go in and just periodically throw bans out to people?

12 Likes

Ignore it and move on with life?

1 Like

What a good and helpful addition to the thread.
I’ve been reporting it and moving on for the past year.
It gets annoying because if you don’t report it, it affects your ability to find a group.
If you do report it, it takes time out of your day.
If you do happen to log out then back in, they all re-appear anyway.

The playerbase literally defending this inability to properly moderate their game…a BILLION dollar company - is absolute garbage.

13 Likes

A. I’m not the playerbase, I’m one person

B. I never defended anything. I said move on with life.

The fact that you get so bent out of shape over having to scroll past some extra stuff in your list just seems pretty over the top to me but you do you

1 Like

So the problem can get worse for everyone else that doesn’t use addons to filter it automatically?

How about we fix the problem now rather than letting it fester uncontrollably.

2 Likes

Because Blizzard sells tokens to finance all those carries.

1 Like

It’s not allowed, but that doesn’t stop it from being there.

Actually it’s what normal people call a difference of opinions.

Your words. I’m saying it isn’t a problem to begin with.

I don’t believe it is allowed, but reports help.

not sure you noticed they have.

It won’t stop unless blizzard completely removes descriptions and titles from lfg

Rules dont matter when they aren’t enforced.

1 Like

It isn’t allowed. They’re constantly banning these accounts. It’s just that each account finds enough buyers that it’s effectively paying for itself, and also funds another account.

why have any law enforcement then? Just ignore the criminals and move on. woops nevermind they stole your car…

sure these guys arent actually stealing your car, but they steal plenty from people who are suckered into their offers - bank details and ID’s and thats completely ignoring the glaring truth that they steal blizzard IP and sell it for real world money

I agree. Blizzard should track down everyone who buys these services and perma-ban their accounts. Delete everything. Then have Town Criers in every single city and major hub shout out every 15 minutes the number of accounts permanently banned for participating in these actions that week.

Wipe out the spammers’ customer base. It’s not like Blizz needs the WoW income after Diablo Immortal’s whaling operation has gone live.

Because there’s no way to stop it.

periodically

So not 24/7 they’ll still be in there :person_shrugging: And bans do nothing but make people make new accounts :person_shrugging:

Um wow…

This isn’t about law, it’s company policy in a video game.

This isn’t about law enforcement, it’s about snitches.

Woops no one stole your car and you’re just overreacting.

Which is why this trainwreck of a post of yours should have just stopped in your head as everything after that is just pointless.

You are a “person” who is saying that all ads for RMT sales in the group finder should be ignored by players who are concerned that the rules are being broken, which really isn’t any different from enabling RMT activity.

Are you an employee who has access to internal data on this?

Not really “allowed” but there’s so much that they don’t have enough people employed to fix.

I already report them, but they are a never ending stream

They do dumb “fixes” like require authenticator to post titles/description that did nothing to fix the issue, what would fix the issue is don’t allow custom titles/descriptions for anyone and fix it with a lot more pre-text to select including boss names etc for each raid

Um… thanks for the summation. Little unnecessary though as i know what I’ve said