Why the lack of Customization?

Again, I am only speaking involving what customizations they get involving biology because she is biologically not the same thing, nor did she become a void elf in the same manner. I’m not talking about culture. I’m saying she should be irrelevant when discussing biology.

If void elves get some tats to follow in Alleria’s footsteps, whatever. I quite literally couldn’t care less. My gripe is the biological.

Speaking of which, I like Fenelon’s suggestion of using the Void storm in Telogrus Rift to transform new elves into Void Elves.

2 Likes

its a factual chart you can argue all you want but the numbers dont lie belf females still have 7.9 billion diff customization options according to the chart belfs will be fine .

Except Void elves have adopted a counter-culture to Blood elves, with it’s very own stylized appearance revolving their worship of the Void, much how the stylized appearance of the Blood elves revolves around their own culture.

In almost all dialogue, and quest text the Void elves reject their past before their change and this is reflected in the visual design of their hub, their clothes, weapons and structures. They mock important Helf/belf cultural aspects like the Sunwell, we see them butchering nature, and consorting with one of the most corruptive sources of magic in existence. (something I can’t imagine many nature, or light revering High elves would ever abide)

To then suddenly turn around and make them out like they’re woodsy Farstrider rangers would be completely contradictory to them in almost every capacity. Especially when we take into consideration that the original Void elves were Magisters who greatly disliked Farstriders and their old-timey “nature-loving” ways.

Alleria was never meant to reflect the Void elves visual, they were never meant to be fair skinned, or have natural hair colors, these are RP tools. These options were never meant to help them look like Alleria, it was just to further the Helf request, it was even described as “helf” customization by the devs. The Undead can’t look like Sylvanas after all, and they were never meant to. Which is why no Void elf NPC in game utilizes these RP tool customizations while Blood elves were given a Mage trainer using the helf options immediately after they were introduced.

Alleria was meant to look like a Blood elf, and the only reason her appearance is more accurate than existing Farstriders is because her model was created recently, where as most existing Farstriders were added in TBC. She was modeled after what many Blood elf players have been requesting for years.

Umbric is their leader, and ultimately the one that determines their design, culture and visuals going forward as a race. Alleria had no hand in this, as her views greatly contrast that of the Void elves, whereas despite her association with the Void continues to wear her Farstrider armor, and even worship the Sunwell. Whereas void elf voice lines show us they care very little for the Sunwell, or their culture as Blood elves.

How is biology relevant to the point of aesthetics and style??

Alleria wasn’t born with warpaint and feathers. What does biology have anything to do with that?!?

6 Likes

Blizzard please don’t use the VE/BE slapfight as a reason to not engage with us for updates. Keep doing what you have been doing. It’s appreciated.

14 Likes

They don’t tell the truth either.

The only reason they’re that high is the crazy number of jewelry categories that artificially inflate the number of combinations without really having much of a real impact.

4 Likes

The fact that Linxy responded to mainly non-entitled posts means they know how to ignore certain topics and how to engage with the community.

1 Like

Uh. Skin is biological. You realize this, right? For the final time, all I was pointing out is that Alleria should have no influence on the customizations void elves get involving biology. Skin tone, hair color, etc. People always make the argument “well ALLERIA is blonde!” Irrelevant.

I’ve said already:

I’m not arguing about feathers and war paint.

Whatever, this is getting no where. Lets just agree to disagree and move on.

Oh boy, so much speculation here.

And yet they still greatly admire Alleria. Which is the point.

And none of what you are saying makes the whole “let’s make an UNIQUE BE aesthetic based on an alliance leader” any less weird.

6 Likes

i need some void elf armor and skin tones oh and pink void tattoos. so i can run around as a void elf mage on the horde. void elves come from blood elves after all

1 Like

Feeling totally winning with these VE changes!! Still hoping for body jewelry and tentacle color options (especially pink ones)!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Sure, we just need a little lore tidbit saying Lor’themar suddenly realized that the Void Elves are fine in Quel’Thalas so long as they stay away from Quel’Danas.

It’s just a human with a diff model n big ears

This is sooooo false.

Magister Umbric and Alleria both talk about wanting Silvermoon back to Alliance, Umbric stating, ‘it’s where our people belong.’

Heck even Vereesa was found saying she prays Blood Elves find their way back to the Alliance again.

That looks like the opposite of ‘rejecting their past’ when they’re all referring to when the majority of High Elves were with the Alliance.

12 Likes

To tack on here. I’d be fully content once Void Elves got warpaint/feather in hair options like Alleria, so they can look like their leader.

1 Like

Dark ranger makes a lot of sense to me as a belf option.
Why should San’layn be playable at all?

Its data.

Factual depends on how you’re using it.

You’re claiming that numbers alone mean something. I’m saying that’s highly subjective. Spreading out a Tauren mane color and fur color would give them considerably more numbers on that list, but it wouldn’t mean much to a Tauren player.

2 Likes

Wow…It took subs dropping more than 60% to get basic “customization”?

What the heck were the devs doing this whole time?
So many changes within a .5 patch that usually would take WoW a new expansion to put out.

1 Like

Speculation? These concepts are all reinforced by in-game models, and dialogue from both Umbric, and the player-character itself. Their banner is a deep void purple, studded with stars, they wear primarily black, and dark saturated purples. The rift itself is a good example of what Void elf stylization is meant to look like.

I think suggesting otherwise, with literally zero evidence is the only “speculation” being made.

Alleria offers them assistance in controlling the void - despite that their whole culture, and stylization was created in a stark contrast to her and the Blood elves. No one says they aren’t appreciative of her assistance, but that does not mean they’re ready to base their whole culture on her. They’ve had these beliefs before she ever stepped into the picture.

Yeah except when you remember that she’s designed to look like a Blood elf Farstrider, and that you want an Alliance race to look like a Horde organization.

Yes which is why they immediately took arms against their own nation at the drop of a hat right? Killing your family and friends in open warfare screams national loyalty I guess.

Wanting Silvermoon for themselves, does not mean they want to adopt their old culture, it just means they think Silvermoon is theirs. If it were the opposite of “rejecting their past” then why rebrand themselves completely? Why mock their appearance? Why mock the Sunwell (the central part of Blood elf/high elf society) Why would Blizzard write their dialogue in this way if the goal was to portray them otherwise?