Why the lack of Customization?

I saw a lot of people asking for it.

I mean is not a valid Belf complain when it’s in general how jewelry customization works for all races that got it. You got your races most iconic colour and an extra one.

Draenei got multiple metal and gem combinations, and their hair jewelry is largely optional and changes color with the jewelry.

10 Likes

Where Averyx, in the pro-Helfer threads?

Cause I don´t remember seeing even ONE of the regulars of the Belf thread asking for jewerly. And much less in threads years before, if anything the most “classic” and consistent petition of the Belf fans have been to get the runic scarifications seen on the TBC artbox, the tattoos Rommath has and regular scars (the most innovative petition with universal acclaim is the damaged ears cause well… after zombie apocalypse it kinda makes sense, you know? Especially when we take into account the lenght of the ears).

Omg, you trying to tell us we can´t point the obvious and should “conform or else”?

Excuse me Mrs. Helfer, but had you followed on your own advice you guys would had asked for Void stuff, not to get a Belf clone.

5 Likes

Omgomgomg!

This is amazing news for Nightborne and another step closer to fulfilling their Suramar fantasy :hugs:

I’m pretty confident I’ll be rolling some new Nightborne characters and possibly race changing when the patch goes live.

I have a pretty broad request for this kind of animation and mechanic.

First off I’d love to see this extended to the hair as well for Nightborne, to further their Suramar fantasy.

I’d also like to see something like this for more races.

For Blood Elves possibly an effect mimicking the Ashes of A’lar with a orange to pink gradient as similar colors including blood anima red, fel green, light colored, arcane colored, etc.

For Void Elves we’d absolutely love some Starcursed assets, something more dedicated to the Void aspects of the race, as while I’m grateful for what we’ve got thus far, most options have been geared to the natural aesthetic.

Turokan made a wonder concept for such an aesthetic in this image;

Applying these effects to their hands as well would be most welcome :hugs:

That’s about all I have for now, thanks you for everything so far and I look forward to future developments!

30 Likes

totally agree! about time we got some actual VOID customization for VOID elves!

12 Likes

What does a pro-helfer thing has to do with blood elves?

I never said the jewelry was the most asked thing. But it was always asked by the community.

It’s the same as pandas though, they were the most asked race ever, then they were made playable and suddenly no one cares for them and “no one asked for them”.

Why are you calling me a helfer?

Why are you saying I never asked for void stuff? lmao

I’m saying is not a valid belf criticism because it’s an issue of the system the customization works with, not an issue directly imposed over belves.

I always give this post a like when you post it but it would be pretty cool to have effects like that for other races given the Dark Iron Dwarves have the fire hair and I absolutely love it. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

6 Likes

The fact you mention all these “mythical posters” asking for jewerly for the Belves when I -as an actual fan of the race who compulsively checked the official thread at the start of the year on a daily basis- NEVER saw nobody asking for this.

Don´t come here to try and tell us what WE asked for tyvm. Belf fans asked for either the TBC features OR Dark Ranger / San´layn / Felblood stuff, period.

Because you ARE a Helfer, maybe?

You always end up defending their cause for who knows what reasons -and as usual, when called up you inmediately deny… shameful-. If you actually wouldn´t care, you wouldn´t comment, simple as that.

And if it´s an issue of the system, you think the races must “get over it”? You think this is how companies improve and grow, by proxy of ignoring their issues?

We mention this issue regarding the Belves cause unfortunately, that was the ONLY “different” thing the FEMALE model got (the males didn´t even got that). Had the devs given us actual customizations reflecting the lore of the race and the official art, it wouldn´t had become the issue it ended up becoming, simple as that.

The very fact you try to “erase” an issue WE bring to light that can benefit not only the Belves but EVERY OTHER FREAKING RACE is… /massive facepalm.

I like those mockups that portray different grades of “voidification” on the skin (look similar to “void vitiligo”), i think those are quite unique and cool.

5 Likes

Yoooo, this is HUGE. This will 100% add to the Nightborne immersion.

Thank you so much!

20 Likes

You guys are going way above and beyond for the Horde? Where’s this love for LFD and VEs? You literally gave NB and HMT nothing but heaps of brand new customizations, then you go and give us like 3 new skins for LFD then some other copy+paste stuff from their core race counterpart exactly like you did with VEs? Gj, Blizzard, reminding us why the Alliance is in its current dying state.

7 Likes

Blizzard I still think you need to consider offering the Nightborne eye options (fixes) to the Night Elves as well. That is what their eyes looked like preWoD instead of the bug eyes they have currently.

10 Likes

Pretty much, NB got their heritage weapons, a new toy about the “something is not quite right” thing, and a lot of fixes to their models.

LFD got…some new colours, horns, some jewelry and hairs. Nothing for their LF parts.

Velves got colours.

Quite telling.

Nah, the squint option is a NB specific stuff. Though all elves do need their eyes to be fixed a bit.

3 Likes

Another Alliance fist bumping moment :triumph:

2 Likes

Void Elves got exactly what they asked for over and over and over, quit trying to act victimized because we are getting original stuff when what was asked for by Void Elf players and Alliance players was to have more Blood Elven options to pretend to be High Elves.

13 Likes

Hard disagree. It was the original Night Elves first, it’s not Kaldorei players fault that their WoD update ruined their faces.

3 Likes

I didn’t get anything other than Black/White hair. Where are my darker Void skintones that aren’t blueberry. Where is my permanent Ethropic Embrace?

Please stop generalizing.

2 Likes

Your side does it all the time, so I’m standing by what I just said.

What side am I on exactly? I would love you to choose my side for me.

You Blood Elf/High Elf people are so aggressive over some dumb crap jesus christ.

3 Likes

Ok, if it’s about helves. Why isn’t the alliance getting new hairstyles, braids to swap with the tentacles, alleria’s paints/tattoos, and so on?

Also is beyond disingenuous to pretend no void stuff was requested. There were void options asked for a long time. They aren’t even adding the weapons that are already on the files.

11 Likes

I really really despise myself for telling you this, but as someone who was in your very position at the start of the year:

Take a breath and start asking for the unique stuff you guys want -and deserve-. I´ve seen several very cool haircuts and hair textures on Fen´s Velf thread; make a concious effort to bring this petitions to Blizzard´s radar. I do agreee you deserve better than hand-me-downs.

Everybody deserves better than that.

Then ty for proving my point about you witnessing that “huge” ammounts of petitions in who knows where, certainly not here on the forums.

You know, the place that by deffinition counts if one desires to be listened by Blizzard.

My dear, we certainly enjoy our race a lot and have abundant material to engage with it without involving the Alliance iteration of the race while at it. YOU guys on the other hand can´t take a step without bringing the Belves to the proverbial table, talk about a love-hate codependant relationship (to put it in perspective, Belf fans and Belf posters don´t make no “let me conquest Dalaran” threads… Helfer on the other hand regarding Silvermoon? ROFL).

It is lack of self awareness a pre-requisite to join that club, Averyx?

Jewerly is a failure regarding customizations unless the asets have a VERY abundant selection of colors to mix and match. We mention that for the Belves cause you guys just love to “educate us” about how THIS issue is apparently NOT an issue from your PoV (ergo, talk about actually trying to gatekeep feedback ffs) and by proxy implying this isn´t a “real” issue to point to.

Sorry not sorry, it is for us Belf players. I don´t care if you on your ignorance believe it isn´t, fact is, we had rather get other stuff than jewerly, period. Your hypothetical “pro-jewerly for Belves and content with the stuff implemented” buddies are welcomed to come here to post their feedback, cause unless they make an appearance I consider them as real as unicorns.

Fix the bloated effect on the face (it´s something related to the jaw and cheeks) while at it.