Why the lack of Customization?

Imagine if blizzard came out with Eredar that can’t be warlocks and, but can be paladins and have voice lines that show opposition to their own race. That would be the biggest slap in the face ever to people wanting playable eredar or manari.

3 Likes

That’s a whole other issue, they could just lock some classes behind some of the “drop down races”, or just open all classes to all races like a modern MMO.

2 Likes

I think that would very much depend.

For Wildhammer for instance there is a deep cultural reason for why they push away arcane and fel and shadow.

And they never really had paladins in the lore (to my knowledge).

Them having shaman and druid though would fit with where their story went.

5 Likes

Any chance for the regular Cloud Serpents to get tame-able variants someplace in the world?

Blue, red, green, and such could use some tame-able version that don’t have lightning or celestial affects?

2 Likes

Sooooo, is there any chance this lion color will get implemented? It’s been in the files since the end of Legion, but with only 4 HMT skin colors and the old hair color-bound druid form system, the 5th color was locked away. A bear color is also missing, but I don’t remember which one.

https:// wow.zamimg .com/uploads/screenshots/normal/680795.jpg

5 Likes

I think that’s especially amusing while your avatar looks exactly like mine, but with ear spines poking through the helmet. I chuckled :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This is the future of the character creator, yes. One main “form” and categorized by culture and then by playable classes.

2 Likes

Wait, that’s NOT an option? That’s what I’d expect Tauren/ Highmountain to look like in their cat form. Earthy coat looks so good.

1 Like

Thank you Devs and CLs for keeping us in the loop of the recent changes. I do have a question though, are there any plans of fixing some of the hairstyles now that we can toggle the void tentacle? For example, the female VElf’s ponytail.

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

I love what you guys added to HMT, all the changes so far has gotten me super stoked on the allied races! However, a lot of nightborne players would really like to see just a few more changes implemented before you decide to move on from them- a lot of these changes have been requested since their release up until now and I hope you can take them into consideration, it would truly mean a lot to all the NB fans.
I Just wanna link this again incase you happen to read this

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-nightborne-customization/1083676

To summarize:

• Younger looking faces for both men/women (remove scowl from most male faces especially)

• Arcane accents on hands and hair

• vibrant tattoos

• Variants of blue, pink and purple options for skin tone, eye color, and hair

The first two are the most important/more frequently requested and the last two requests would really just tie everything together for the race. A lot of people just wanna have what the npc model has and I hope you’re able to consider our requests, I know every nightborne player out there would be extremely happy with these changes
Thank you!

17 Likes

For the sake of preserving lore then there would have to be a lot of discussion about which classes deserve to be “racial skin locked” and which don’t.

For a AAA company like blizzard you would expect this to be a plausibility, but I always air caution to asking for a lot.

We have been asking this for YEARS, and what they do? Give all the options highborne fans have been asking to nightborne… Night elves look so bad since wod, and they don’t even try to fix the model and the faces, they don’t give us any highborne customisations, they even gave horde night elves tattoos and better face markings… female night elves don’t have moon tats, they don’t have new face markings, not regal hairstyles, better faces? Not, give it to nightborne too. I’m tired.

2 Likes

To be fair, before their announcement of adding new things to the nightborne they essentially had 3 options to choose from in each category. There was hardly any diversity at all
That’s not to say night elves shouldn’t get things to add to their look/identity- I think they should as every race should- I just wanted to point that out

12 Likes

Of course the Nightborne are going to get the regal options you associate with the Highborne; the Nightborne identity is undeniably Highborne, and they maintained their identity as regal, luxury-loving elves for 10,000 years.

The Night Elves, on the other hand, embraced a Druidic/Priest life. The Night Elf leadership quite plainly have a disdain for the era when the Highborne reigned, and have purposely distanced themselves from that culture almost completely. Why then, do you suggest the developers make available options that are anathema to the identity of the race you’re playing?

As I said to another user, customization options in large part are meant to encapsulate a race and inform their identity; to say that the Highborne are a minority in Kaldorei society is an understatement, and in-game, the Highborne don’t really have an aesthetic that can really be attributed to them.

If you wan’t more jewelry, ask for options. Besides that, you already have the blue skin and golden eyes you need to pretend to be Azshara.

6 Likes

No, of course not. We’re asking for the Shen’dralar options to be playable.

Golden eyes isn’t a highborne option.

It is important for other reasons but they are not highborne related.

11 Likes

Please show me in-game examples of the Shen’dralar options Night Elf players are being denied.

1 Like

Why?

Its more than enough that people want to play with options that represent a section of Night Elven society that has yet to be shown off. In fact its been mostly ignored by the devs since they used them as an excuse to give us a new class in Cata.

We’re not taking your precious Nightborne options. We want highborne ones for Night Elves.

Wouldn’t even take much. Jewelry that shows some arcane look to it and a few tattoos to represent them, a more purple eye glow for arcane influence.

14 Likes

You can’t show me them because they don’t exist. The Shen’dralar are a shabby group of Highborne stragglers that were the playthings of demons and satyrs in Diremaul. They’re also pretty much indistinguishable from your run of the mill Night Elf, and they certainly aren’t regal.

I prefer customization to remain accurate to lore. The Night Elves suddenly embracing the culture of the Highborne, a culture Tyrande as recently as Legion still held a hatred for, would be very inaccurate. If Night Elves want to look less unkempt and have more jewelry options, they should absolutely lobby for that, but let’s not push it.

4 Likes

Linxy did you see the Void elf hairstyles made by Faebelina?! The tentacles are woven among the braids and the bun! https://imgur.com/a/mf0OSaH

9 Likes