Why the Jailer chose Anduin?

If that was true however who was he enslaved to after he eliminated Ner’zhul’s spirit? Which is what happens just before he frees himself from the ice.

He did not eliminate Ner’Zhul’s spirit. They merged to form a completely new entity. An entity that killed the weak remnants of his spirit and eventually eliminated Ner’zhul. The Lich King of Wrath is Arthas only in body.

Do you realise the inherent contradiction of the above? First you say that he merged with Ner’zhul. Then you say the combination eliminated Ner’zhul.

You can’t have your Ner’zhul and eat him too.

Thank you for that opening. I’ve been waiting to use a variation of that line.

I mean, it didn’t happen at the same time. If you read the Arthas Novel you would know this.

I bet Anduin is making a comeback, if Death, Void or Light shows their faces… he will probably save the day… at some point in the story. Probably the same for Sylvanas in the Horde.

Ok can somebody in the story team do something, or anything about Baine, I’m not a Tauran player myself but, come on!
For a racial leader, he needs some real narrative and growth of any kind, I think even the story forums or the RPG players can write him better…at this point in the story. I know the writers dev team can write him well, but still it feels like a extremely neglected character, unless his been better in Books? Has he? (IMO)

Also its kind of strange that as docile and spiritual as he is his not a Monk/Shaman/Druid or something in those themes even as a Warrior. (IMO)

I still think he’s going to hatch like an egg. That’s why he’s gone and wandered off he’s like a bug that’s been taken over by parasitic fungus, they make their hosts go off and gestate.

3 Likes

Anduin will return to Stormwind as the citizens shout in joyus welcome, the he’ll split in half to reveal a Lovecraftian Nightmare where the visions he saw come true.

The Arthas Novel’s exact words after the Child was killed incidentally are:

“There was only Arthas, Frostmourne all but singing from having claimed the final piece of Arthas’s soul , and the orc, whose skull-face was split with triumphant laughter.”

Looks more like the Body became self aware and judging from Arthas’s communication with Tichondrius had been self aware since the start of WC3’s Undead Campaign.

A self aware Body resisting and eventually rejecting the control of the Soul is so unprecedented in Fiction that it is unsurprising that most Players can’t wrap their heads around it.

It’s like the Soul was an AI with Morals and Empathy installed into a Sociopath’s Brain only to have it’s Code stolen allowing the Brain to notice and ignore the AI’s Control.

Or perhaps it’s like a moral Ghost haunting a Cold Uncaring Machine afflicted with the Curse of Flesh having great control over it only for the Ghost to be drained allowing the Machine the freedom to notice the Ghost haunting it getting in the way of it’s programming and exorcise it so that it can continue running.

Either way the Arthas Novel forces us to treat the Soul and the Body as separate persons despite how illogical it sounds with the Soul being able to direct the Body unless Supernatural Forces somehow disrupt the Soul’s connection to the Body enough for the Body to move on it’s own volition.

My initial theory was it had something to do with Anduin’s ability to use the Light. Zovaal got interested in Anduin after he saw him call enough Light into THE MAW to block a spell from Zovaal himself.

I figured that Death was weak against Light - especially since undead are hurt by it and the Ember Ward. My theory was that Zovaal wanted to use a power Death is weak against since he’s trying to defeat his Death siblings and peers, hence he’d want a strong Light user on his side for the fight. Like Lex Luthor grabbing as much kryptonite as possible before fighting Superman.

In fact, if I was in charge of WoW’s story and decided - for some insane reason - to stick with the Jailer, that’s what I would’ve done. But the above paragraph is my theory. I have no idea why the Jailer chose Anduin apart from “the plot”.