Why the hell did you break crossrp?

I do that anyway, whether they understand what I’m saying or not.

You mean like the hoops you had to jump through to say that it was unfettered? It wasn’t. It definitively wasn’t. It was an invite-based system. It was something you had to consent to.

Please read the ins and outs of how the addon worked before you start making these claims.

1 Like

Okay, then fill me in if you don’t think my understanding of the addon is sufficient.
If you can make community text appear in-game through the guild/community interace, why exactly was this add-on necessary, and what exactly did it do?

It allowed for you to see /s, /e, /y all in the actual game-world IF you were in said community and had the relay turned on. (Therefore eliminating all worry about abuse. You have to be tuned in of your own accord & consent) It also had safety measures included so the addon would not work in raids/PvP etc no matter what.
There’s a huge difference between RPing in a chat panel and in the actual world itself.

1 Like

As an outsider looking in on CrossRP, it appears that what this addon did was allow people to opt in to rp’ing with specific people from the other faction. I see absolutely no problem with that, personally. Even the argument that people could use it to troll is silly, since you can just ignore anyone you please by taking them off of your whitelist/removing them from a crp community/whatever crossrp actually does to cut off communications once initiated. It’s no worse than getting a whisper from a horde player on an alliance alt, and is probably even harder to pull off due to the system CrossRP has in place of only communicating with players who opt in to rp’ing with you in particular.

In my opinion, Blizzard made the wrong call on this one

11 Likes

Author’s post is up, redirect discussion there.

4 Likes

I understand why they don’t want cross faction chat, the reporting from trash talking would be insane. But that said, we really should be able to talk. I mean in the cinematics the Alliance and Horde leaders aren’t using translators when they have discussions. I don’t remember Suarfang and Anduin having any issue understanding one another when they had their little meeting in the Stockades.

It should be added in to all servers…

1 Like

Blizz decided RPers are doing RP wrong and fixed the problem, you either RP on their terms or fin another platform to RP with, if a human could talk to an orc it would ruin warcraft, unless they are main characters.

If main characters are so much more important than us, why are we even playing? Just make another 20 books and we can read about what’s happening while we gawk and drool over Human Male Paladin, The Hero.

1 Like

That question has been answered several times throughout this thread, but in essence it connected to a community of your choice (which are faction agnostic, as per the functionality of the system) and allowed members of opposite factions to see messages and emotes. It only worked if the addon was installed and the relay enabled (meaning you could turn it off at will), and only people connected to the same community with the relay enabled could see your messages. Anyone else saw the usual cross-faction messages and strange gesture emotes. Furthermore, it only worked on RP realms.

Because you could only interact with people that were in the same community as you, it was, like I said, an invite-based system. If someone was abusing the community to be toxic, the community owner could easily remove them. Not once - not once - have I seen or heard of someone abusing the addon to be toxic. In fact, it had the opposite effect, and fostered a greater sense of community within the RP world. I know I keep bringing it up, but the Tournament of Ages is proof of how good this addon was. Toxicity was a non-issue during that entire week, despite thousands of Horde and Alliance players in one location.

Toxicity is not the issue. The issue is that Blizzard doesn’t like it when people enjoy themselves on their own terms. I know that sounds childish, but that’s the case. This addon wasn’t causing problems at all. It was a tool by roleplayers, for roleplayers, to aid in immersion, and honestly gave purpose to the communities system. This change spits in the face of tens of thousands of players.

7 Likes

I wish I could give this more likes. Yes. The barrier is so nonsense.

1 Like

This is 100% true as far as I’m concerned. Well said.

7 Likes

Like, there’s still too many people playing on RP realms, and they needed to fix that.

3 Likes

acti-blizz is catering to the casual fortnite fans and e-sport players … they could care less about RP

I pissed myself laughing. It has been a day and because of you, in this moment, I am grateful for your post.

I was hoping to become a black knight, those are much cooler.

Can i be a Grey knight? or a Morally Grey knight? Or the Knights that say ni? Or Dark Knight?

Well it always warm my heart to see people laugh some of the stuff i say. Makes me feel better on the comedic side of things that i should just play it straight with a touch of edge rather then go self aware and saying quotes/references without context. Of coarse, in my mind and in my car, we can’t rewind we’ve gone too far.

Again, i agree. Cross faction communication should be a thing. and while i have been nothing but skeptic on this addon’s community, or questioning it, i have state multiple times i do wanted this. And i guess another way to look at it is Trash talking gonna happen anyways regardless what faction you are on, which is a touch ironic for me when it comes to faction to faction with demon hunters and pandaren, they seem somewhat chill. I guess you can say that i was being needlessly skeptic here. And i apologize for that.

By the way, that’s a fabulous helmet.

All you have to do is be Undead and follow Sylvanas.

Because this addon was a way to get around one of blizz’s stupid design choices and they can’t have that.

The language barrier should be removed from rp realms outright.

3 Likes

Fact: you are more likely to get trolled and trashtalked by your teammates than the enemy. Do the knowledge.