I no longer agree with this post i made 15 days ago (3/20/21)

I no longer agree with this post i made 15 days ago

2 Likes

Boosts, XP increases and any other kind of handout that reduces the leveling time will affect the game economy by devaluing profession cooldowns like transmutes and cloth cooldowns. Being 1 boost per account doesn’t help much since having an extra account is not that expensive.

Not just that, boosts completely kill off the leveling experience for those who enjoy it, you can see it right now in classic where the open world is empty and no one can find low level dungeon groups anymore.

Instead of patching mage boosts out of the game, they fully embraced it through the 58 boost.
This just further degrades the leveling experience, where a big source of social interaction is taken out of the MMO world, making it such a solitary and uneventful experience that it forces more and more people to buy boosts instead of playing the game the way it was designed to be played.

12 Likes

Hogwash if you enjoy lvl does not matter (as long as you’re not breaking any rules) what the other person does. If it offends you then that’s a you problem not game problem.

1 Like

Of course it does matter what other people do, you play a MMO, you expect to play in a world with people in it, your interaction with other players is what makes the content fun.

Right now the leveling zones have nothing but bots, this is a major game design flaw. They are giving you the option of either go through an uneventful single player experience or to just swipe your credit card.

I see a major problem here. They created a problem and now they sell you the solution to it.

I couldn’t care less about people buying boosts if they gave us the option to play on a fresh server with none of that boosting bs.

6 Likes

A level 58 with dungeon gear isn’t that weak for a level 58, they just wont hold up against a fully raid geared 60. That said most gear, even the raid stuff, will be replaced half way to 70 anyway so the gear is has is a pretty moot point outside of the pre-patch window.

Honestly the main thing for me that makes me not care a whole lot about it is the one per account thing. Any damage it might do is going to be kept to a minimum because of it.

As others have pointed out in other threads, the mage boosts are likely to cause more damage if Blizzard refuses to fix it. Of course this is the forums, so I expect if they ever DO fix it we’ll get threads of “greedy Blizz is padding out leveling time to keep us subbed longer!”.

Adding options, one by one, little by little, to allow players to skip things or to otherwise give them an easier, more convenient path to the game’s rewards. Introduced by Blizzard in order attract more casual or shallow players looking for quick, instant gratification, all to increase revenue in the short term (but not the long term).

We know where it leads. The tragic history is clear.

I’m just hoping to get through TBC before it gets too bad and becomes time to jump ship again.

3 Likes

how long do you thnk it will actually be a one-time thing tho

If it’s anything like the retail boost it’ll be green gear.

With no professions and no rep.

According to the recap on MMO Champ it includes a mount and dungeon blues.

Though like I said, even a good chunk of the raid epics will be replaced half way to 70 in Outlands.

1 - If you open another account(s) you can use more, and there is no guarantee Blizzard will not lift this at a future point.

2 - You are probably right.

3 - Mount cost was roughly the same in TBC if I remember right, from what I understand it gives normal, but not epic, mounts.

4 - People are still arguing over if TBC is all of WoW, or just Outland and 58-70, generally with their definition playing a significant part in if they are for or against the boost. So it varies by person.

5 - It doesn’t give professions according to Blizzard.

6 - This is true.

The main thing is, where does this go in the future? We’re getting TBC boosts now… What about when/if WOTLK comes out? Are they gonna add 68 boosts for people who didn’t want to play TBC? Like come on… They’re basically giving out free characters and devaluing the rest of the game. Leveling is a big part of every characters adventure and if you can just buy another account, or wait for the next classic-expansion release… You’re ruining it. It’s so disgusting and disgraceful to what the game used to be.

3 Likes

Okay and if you care about old leveling content don’t take the boost, not hard.

When TBC comes out 1-58 becomes irrelevant content for most people. They aren’t missing out on anything by skipping it. The same becomes true when wrath comes out.

This is made even more true as there will still be 1-60 servers, unlike back in the day, for people who do care about 1-58.

You and anyone else that loves the leveling experience so much can still level. I don’t understand why so many people keep on bringing this up like its a good reason not to have boosting.

No body is forcing anyone to use there boost, and if you or anyone else ends up paying for a 2nd account for another boost then you don’t love the leveling experience as much as you claim.

It is not “basically free”. It going to cost money for the boost and if you want more then one, it cost you a 2nd account.

Also I said it to someone else and I’ll say it to you also. If you love leveling so much, you and anyone else that wants can still level. Nothing is forcing you to boost.

Bruh peeps gonna be rockin t2/t3 well into level 70. tbc pre raid bis is barely better, and only due to gem slots.

For a limited number of pieces only. Even full BiS 60’s characters will be getting replacements very early in TBC. And by 70 a character with full TBC gear will be on par with a character who started full 60 BiS.

You’re missing the point. The fact that the boost is an option is the issue, NOT “just don’t take the boost”. Players are competitive nowadays, they want every advantage they can get and it’s obvious that they’d rather skip 1-58 than do the content.

Also you’re incorrect in saying the 1-58 content is irrelevant. This is World of Warcraft. It is an MMORPG. Every character has their own experience whether its progressing through questing, fighting off powerful foes in the dungeons, or simply grinding out mobs. Players are skipping a MAJOR PIECE of the game, and experience by using a boost. It is disheartening that Blizzard and players support this. Although I did see someone mention that the view of old content vs game as a whole varies from person to person, which I can agree with. In your case you view Classic irrelevant, but in my case, I view it is a huge part of the game.

There shouldn’t be an option to skip content in the first place. There was never an option to do it back then, and they shouldn’t expect it now.

4 Likes

Blizzard had an option back in the day, there’s already a 30% decrease in exp needed and additional quests added to make leveling faster. Boosts just skip the half measure.

No they’re not. Most people who are playing classic and will play classic TBC have already played through the leveling experience many times. They will not be missing anything by boosting.

1 Like

No they aren’t.

1-58 is less than 4% of your toons experience in the game.

2 Likes

It’s tbc not classic the game just starts at 58 anyways. The level cap is 70 so you still get the level experience. So there’s that argument.

How does it affect the Economy? You still gotta work up professions… the game isn’t giving you 5k gold so economy won’t change.

This is a TBC thread anything below 60 and who cares… do level 50s in classic affect your gameplay currently?