Why the Arena Changes are bad (From a Gladiator)

Of all the feedback in here, this is what you are hung up on?

/eye roll

2 Likes

You could have been shouting against these changes sooner? Something that you could have blizzard push to test in the Beta. Getting started against ideas you dont like sooner has more effect than something they did now.

Post from the account.

Bearhands furiously rips up his goal posts and moves them

3 Likes

What are you talking about? I should have been pushing against changes that literally no one knew they were going to do sooner??

First of all my biggest beef is the CR starting at 0, SECOND OFF what you posted literally implies that they wouldn’t add rating reqs until later season it literally suggests that in what you quoted.

While still keeping the rating requirements in LATER SEASONS.

5 Likes

Thats exactly why I’m posting on this character, so people who are insane can check my achieve dates and see the dualist and 2200 3/5s achievements from wrath/cata.

And that is what is wrong with players, that shouldn’t matter.

This change will kill participation and all I wanted to do was play 5v5 again.

9 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/burning-crusade-classic-beta-notes-may-4/938907/6

Looks like they changed some of the language.

these changes were posted today, when were we supposed to give feedback and something no one asked devs to do

1 Like

So you do get it, you just like watching things burn down. Got it.

5 Likes

Yeah crap Sherlock which is what we are discussing

1 Like

In Feb when they started to propose how they were looking at doing Arenas using the Modern systems. Trying to say HOW people want things. That would be a good start. Might not have even changed the outcomes but could still get a better ball rolling. Starting a conversation earlier is better when it comes to design. Acting shocked that changes happen when they projected some major changes coming to pvp is the more usual outcome.

You should be wanting to give feed back to shape outcomes not to react to them. Not that it works all the time (if ever) with blizzard.

It’s funny because the evidence you posted to attempt to catch us in a ‘gotcha’ is now dismantling everything you say.

They even specifically stated that this wouldn’t be effected until later seasons. So why would we be having this conversation when they already said what they were planning on doing.

And NOONE thought it was going to start at 0 cr, because that’s a change that wasn’t even remotely close to tbc or benefits tbc in the slightest.

anyway, i have seen all the beta talks with devs, they don’t give a f**** about players feedback so sadly, even if we ask to get these changes nullified, they will stry to get it down our throats

2 Likes

This is the key to why people weren’t up in arms at that time.

What they said quite clearly was they were keeping in later seasons what you and seemingly others expected was that they were not going to do it sooner which blizzard on the other hand doesnt seem to care about your expectations or wants when they made the changes.

Since i dont do arenas in Retail i have no idea how people start but they said they were going to borrow from the retail systems

People should be up in arms when a designer gives you some vague ideas. Give them an inch and they will try to save everyone from themselves in blizzard case.

Yeah that’s how words work. If they were planning to do it in earlier seasons as well they wouldnt specifically state that the req for gear are just with the later seasons. They would have said “and we are looking into the requirements for gear on all seasons” and then yeah I would have said something.

When they specifically say they are adding it for later seasons, a pigeon can even tell that at that moment they weren’t looking at doing it for earlier seasons as well.

What kind of trolling logic is this.

“And with phase 4 you will see black temple!”

“Ok that sounds good!”

“Alright and black temple will be released in phase 1”

“Wait but you said…”

“I never said I wasn’t looking at releasing it earlier I just said it would be in phase 4!”

Christ the stretches you are taking lol

Blizzard Logic

No this is the logic you are giving us. You are telling us we should have seen this coming for these reasons. You understand damn well that these changes came out of nowhere. You attempted to ‘prove’ this with a post and it clearly is backfiring in your face.

Blizzard just decided to make these changes recently and you know it. There was no reason for us to be upset with something literally no one saw coming.

I don’t really have a problem with starting everyone at 0 rating, but some of the rating requirements are going to pretty much shut out some classes/comps and will lead to less people playing. It is more fun when more people play the game.

Maybe a good compromise would be to remove the rating requirements for gear but increase the prices for items and increase the points awarded for higher ratings. That way all players can still work towards the gear, but it will take longer if you aren’t high rated.

Side note, can we please make Gladiator awarded to the top 1%? I never understood why they made it so restrictive.

4x TBC Gladiator

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter if they make it the top 1% because even with it being the top 1% it’s still going to be even more restrictive when you have both of these changes hit at once.

Idc about the CR on a personal level, because I will personally play enough with a single person to overcome this. The issue is that casuals will not do this, they will not be qing at all if they start at 0. Which is what is going to cause the issues I put out

I dont think its backfiring i just think your to stubborn to actually make a coherent argument to your central point. How the argument shifted to other places was based on the conversations with not you. You just want to keep putting your self in them so you can be on the winning side of things.

You want the reality to be that blizzard made such a bad choice that its going to kill part of or make it harder for you to get glad or whatever your motivation is. When faced with the idea that its not going to be NEARLY as bad as you think it is you had to scrable to think of why its bad. Well its people that need to get rank so people can get gear or rank or titles.

In the end people that enjoy the system are still going to play it and the people that had no real enjoyment and were leeching the system are pushed away. I would rather the people that are invested in the system be more prestigious than have some diluted title system.

But keep telling me my argument fell apart and your “winning”.