Why Stalagg hasn't helped Herod much

So… I gotta ask. Do you have ANY factual basis for that figure or did you just make it up on the spot?

Not going to work.

The playerbase needs to be flexible.

If launch sees such a massive influx they aren’t going to come make a thread letting us know in 24 hours 3 new realms will open. They’re just going to open them on the spot to help with the overflow.

To say you don’t have enough time is BS.

We are 9 days out and know Herods queues are going to be massive. If you don’t leave it’s not because Blizzard didn’t give you enough notice.

3 Likes

Ok we will go with that. Saying I like population that everyone knows is going to be lasting as opposed to the unknow. Does not contribute to a toxic attitude.

Everything is stopping people from going there. Like how about the 3 Name cap and if they someone deletes there toons try go over there they might not get the name they want and lose it on Herod.

Not a chance I would take nor would a lot of people. Name’s are people Identity.

Ya ok there will be queue, and that’s a Bliz problem. If I got to sit there and wait I will.

The problem was at the jump they should of had more server.

I dont think you understood my point. I was saying there was not enough time between the announcement of Stalagg and the opening of name reservations. This had nothing to do with the time left until launch.

Trying to get 60-70 people to transfer to a new server with 1 hour and 27 minutes notice was not adequate. And after many people fought tooth and nail to reserve names they want, its not gonna be popular for a guild to tell their members to drop them and reroll on another server, possibly losing those names.

3 Likes

What I have learned over these last week is that names are more important to people then i ever imagined. People are literally willing to wait in queue of access of 10,000+ people. Which could translate into HOURS in queue to play.

I agree 100% they should have given a 24 hour grace period for people to prep/tell friends to move/reserve names on Stalagg. I like having the name i use for MMOs. But waiting 2, 3, 4 hours in line to play a game after a long day of work out weighs any name I could ever use.

2 Likes
2 Likes

My counterargument was that in the grand scheme of things the time between the announcement and launch of Stalagg is irrelevant.

If you are planning to roll Herod and on launch it turns out the queues are longer than you’d actually like to wait you have no one to blame but yourself.

For your sake and the sake of everybody else with a group as big as yours, I hope everyone is committed to their name and hours long waits as much as they say they are.

What I see happening is a splintering of big groups like yours. People can’t group up together like they planned when you and Tim have been in for 20 minutes,Jill is 50th in line and who are your tank and heals are 3026 and 5673 in line.

You coordinated with your guild who will be doing what and your level 5 waiting for wand but your guilds designated enchanters haven’t even got in yet.

A wait like you guys are seemingly going to have isn’t going to be easy to work around.

I feel bad too because I feel like people are giving in to this whole Herod’s Heroes gimmick. People who are actually serious about being serious are going to avoid this place.

As it stands you guys are going to be #1 at waiting in line.

4 Likes

This guy said it in the first post. Once you get that huge que even on launch night with layers, people will change their minds. Also once Phase 2 hits the real que begins.

3 Likes

I seen that blue post also, maybe I am just skeptical on how it sustains over the next few months and years. I got to go with a sure thing.

Stop with the random name selector for most of these servers - classic servers had epic names relating to WC3 lore (for the most part) so keep that going. Grobbulus is pretty terrible for an RP-PvP server as well. Emerald Dream? Yea that was a good one…sorry you’re missing the mark so badly here on names Blizz…come on.

They do have a theme, even if it’s not very exciting to you.
The PVP servers are all bosses in SM and in Naxx. Not random at all.

Thaddius would have been a better choice than Stalagg, since it can be memed as Chadidius.

5 Likes

Hope it works out for you, and honestly the short realm list will help,but none of these servers are a sure thing.

For all any of us know Herod could actually be filled to the brim with the most “tourists” and will be dead in 3 weeks.

I agree with you, even without the meme. He’s a more epic boss.

For those of us who have been playing since wow became a “thing” our names are a big part of us. If they didn’t matter I doubt you would have seen the chaos that was self evident at name reservation time.

Right, so they’re throwing at a themed dartboard instead of something stretched across the entire game/lore.
The point stands, I’m just glad we didn’t get the EU names because most of those are flat out horrible. There’s ‘not exciting for you’ and there’s ‘picked by someone who never played WoW’ from a list of bosses happening here.

How about…

The Four Horseman
Patchwerk
‘The Plaguebringer’

shrug

4 Likes

Classic Wow is a phenomenon. Phenomenons, by their nature, can’t be managed down to a T. They just sort of happen, to an extent.

My priorities in descending order:

1. playing Classic wow again
  2. short/no wait times logging in
  3. stable server
  4. fun
  5. character names I like
  6. server names - meh

I thought the original post about Stalagg was that it was a EU server. I did not realize until the following day it was East Coast. I moved (Alliance) 5 characters to it from Mankrik, as Mankrik had gotten bloated. I did not mind that I was going to be a minority on a Pve server, due to my priorities. Pvp vs pve server is more fun, due to the tension (even though I do not pvp) so I moved to Stalagg that following day. If it becomes bloated, and they open more servers before launch, I may move again. The server name means nothing to me. I just want to play and have fun. Priorities.

Sorry if this is too long.

• Killspot, currently on Stalagg
1 Like

I never complained about wait times or queues in my original post. I think you inferred that somehow, but that was not the point of my post. My post was criticism in the way Stalagg was launched. It had nothing to do with queues (just in passing when making my point that the severity of the overpopulation was not explicitly stated until after the new server had been up).

But i agree with you that anyone rolling on Herod shouldnt really complain. I am rolling there, but you wont here whining out of me because i know what to expect. But that is completely unrelated to my criticism of the way the Stalagg launch was handled.

Stalagg is way cooler than Herod

Two things:

Yes, there was not enough of a window given for players to coordinate and jump ship without being stuck in a catch-22 where they have to give up their names, and not be guaranteed to get them back on the new server – which sucks.

The second is that how do we know with the massive influx of players at launch that Stalagg will actually be any better off? If it was assured that by jumping ship that there would be little or no queue then by all means, but we don’t know that.

Servers are insanely over populated just from players reserving names. The first two days of launch are going to be a disaster and spinning up new servers is going to be inevitable at this point.

So if blizzard truly was dead serious about “fixing” the Herod problem they created when they announced so few server choices in the first place, they need to do something drastic.

My proposal is straight up Delete Herod. Give players a week notice that this time next weekend Herod is going away and players will need to reserve new character names.

In Herod’s place, stand up 3 new servers, 2 east coast pvp servers and 1 west coast. This way, players have several choices (including stalagg) for the population to spread out and to help deal with the still inevitable massive queue time from the flood of players on launch day.

Any other solution will not resolve the issue and they will bleed subs from large chunks of their potential player base not even being able to play the game in the first place.