Why so much hate over high elf options

The Void elves need more haircut and hair color options … Quel’dorei options :smiling_imp:
Because the High elves are Alliance!

1 Like

The only person who is of that opinion between us is you, and my stance is in direct opposition to you getting more things in the immediate which is why it bothers you.

I don’t care if BEs are the next race that gets attention or not, I care that it’s a core race that have many underwhelming customization options and Blizzard spoke on core races getting customization first so I do expect a better job to be done before they move on.

You want more HE customization immediately.

That’s the difference.

3 Likes

I get that, but it’s not helping you make things the way you want them to be. Time spent posting complaints about someone else is time spent not posting about the options you want the devs to provide.

Complaining about other people’s requests has no chance of getting you the options you seek.

Asking for the options you want… over and over and over, if need be. At least has some chance of getting you the options you seek.

3 Likes

I still remember when they said that they are going to focus on the Base Races first. Next day here comes the whole torrent of Void Elf Options while a good chunk of the base races haven’t gotten much. And you STILL have the Helf people demanding more.

9 Likes

This is essentially all I’ve been trying to say in this thread, and where my own frustration comes from.

It’s not so much they are getting options, it’s the appearance and priority.

9 Likes

Because this mentality is problematic in a game about factions and faction identity. I wouldn’t wanna look like a perfect copy of a human. That. Is. Lazy. In every sense of the word, when you have one model have an established presence, and then you literally vomit it to the other faction with no thought, yes. That’s lazy. That’s dumb. That’s bad design. Void elves should have become their own people through more thorough void customizations. Not helf-lite. That’s an embarrassment.

6 Likes

I support HE customizations we have seen in VEs and now suddenly to some I’m against it because I think core races should take priority so I feel you. I think it’s hard honestly because the lack of self awareness that is involved with some people when they are argue so there’s no room for a “where do we go from here” moment.

2 Likes

Built on a lie yes, that’s why it bothers me, and others, please stop pretending you’re not actively and constantly called out on your hypocrisy.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sure.

And they did, and your opinion on them does not merit a complete overhaul of Blizzards timetable because you’re unsatisfied.

Incorrect as always.

You don’t see any High Elves fans screaming for their customization to be given right away, you see them presenting ideas for more customization, because like any logical person knows, Void Elves are an AR and will be given more customization when the AR pass actually comes, not a sneak peak to an incredibly popular topic in High Elves with “regular” skin tones and blue eyes for Void Elves.

I think you might be disappointed if you think there’s going to be a “lengthy AR customization pass”.

I have a feeling that the bulk of what allied races end up getting will be hand-me-downs inherited from their parent races wherever possible.

If any allied race is going to get a “lengthy customization pass” it’s going to be Nightborne because gosh do they need it.

3 Likes

It’s lengthy because Nightborne need extensive work, as told by everyone. :man_shrugging:

EDIT: Oh you said that, see, same brain waves.

1 Like

(Commentary): Blizzard stated the focus on new customization would be on core races first. That specifically was in reference to new things coming with Shadowlands, the first patch, the launch. At no point, however, did Blizzard say, “we’ll be adding new things to core races first until all their players are completely satisfied and have no further requests.” I think this is the crux of Cezol’s issue with your position.

(Speculative): It’s entirely possible that the Allied Race pass will start in 9.1, focusing on the first four Allied Races (who do have very minimal customization compared to a lot of races, including core races now). Its possible during that, Void Elves will receive virtually nothing, and most of the focus will be on Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren, and Nightborne (though they feel like they need the full focus of at least one entire patch to be properly fixed). Its possible that 9.1 doesn’t address Allied Races at all, but more core race options.

(Commentary): My point is this; we don’t know what’s coming, and we can’t know what’s coming until we’re told. What we can do, is ask for what we want. Once the devs know what we want, they can add it. If you spend all your time agonizing over Allied Races getting stuff before people are satisfied with what Core Races are getting, what you’re NOT doing is letting the Devs know what you want.

(Statement): Tell the devs what new customizations you want. You can voice your opinion that Core Races haven’t had enough and still need more attention before Allied Races if you want to, but I don’t think that’s going to be a particularly compelling stance as far as feedback developers receive.

(Speculative): If the Developers get a list of a month’s worth of feedback from the forums on new options and it amounts to, “So, Void Elves want more High Elf stuff, Nightborne want to look like their NPCs, Worgen want tails and straight backs and roses in their manes, and uh… some people don’t want Allied Races to get stuff before core races,” what do you think the Devs will do with that information? They’ll work on the customization requests brought to their attention. Priority doesn’t do anything.

(Query): Are the Developers just supposed to sit at their desks and do nothing until more core race requests finally make it to their desks?

5 Likes

I hope you realize that I agree with you that core races should be the ones taking priority. >_>

I may be asking for my hair colors, but I am not asking for them to be added right this moment. I am content to wait my turn when allied races finally get a pass. Even if that means I don’t see my hair colors till near the end of the expansion.

2 Likes

I want core races to get decent customization. I think they moved too fast they had time for VEs but BEs the core race they parallel are lacking. All core races still feel lacking.

So what I want is very much for their efforts to be directed to core races in the first patch again because they’re all still lacking. That is my opinion and I’m asking for what I want.

And I’m also active in various threads I don’t care about to support other core races and some ARs though someone had a worgen thread above I’ve never seen before which I have bookmarked for later, but this thread specifically asked why people had a problem with the new customizations and to the best of my ability gave my opinion until asked about that opinion which required more detail which just ends up being me re stating my stance but I’m fine with that.

1 Like

I think the thing for people who aren’t satisfied with the options being offered need to realize is…

When we say:
“Ask for the options you want”

We mean:
“Ask for the options you want, and keep asking for the options want, over and over and over, until the devs finally throw their hands up in frustration over constantly seeing your request and give it to you”.

One post or topic isn’t going to cut it.

2 Likes

(Commentary): “Time for Void Elves,” probably amounts to 20 minutes of Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, tops. Let’s not pretend the laziest new customization options somehow cost any race anything.

(Commentary): Good. Now let’s assume that your request has been answered. The Developers sit at their desks, eagerly awaiting the new customization requests, and the community managers pass on that the requests are… to have more stuff first, not what the stuff actually is. See the problem?

4 Likes

Cause some people think that stuff is getting stolen from them. But the thing is, from where I’m standing. Anyone is capable of asking for whatever they want soooo.

2 Likes

I mean the lazy option for Dark Ranger or undead skintones or literally anything for that group of fans wouldn’t take long either, so since they couldn’t be bothered I have to assume they spent the time doing the effort for VEs instead who did in this sense take time away from them BEs during core race customizations. Which is my issue and why I think they should extensively do core races before declaring victory and on to ARs.

This feels more like “stop talking about how I have two slices of pie and you only have one, just focus on what you would do if you could have one more even though I’m also telling the devs why I want that one slice left” that’s why people vocalize their dissent to redirect dev time.

high elves are basically the pure personification of if you just keep whining and stomping your feet blizz might give you something even though they don’t want to because it gives them a headache. It’s basically like a kid throwing a temper tantrum for 12 hours because he wants a toy or something.

6 Likes

(Query): You realize that the Dark Ranger skin lacks underwear, right?

(Commentary): That to me seems like the reason Dark Ranger options have not been included, yet. And since Void Elves will be launching with actual Blood Elf underwear, no, development time was not taken to update the underwear on their skins at the expense of Dark Ranger underwear.

(Commentary): You seem to be laboring under the illusion that there is, ‘one slice left.’ There isn’t. Customization is done for the launch of Shadowlands. The pie is all gone. When people ask for new stuff, they’re talking about the future, about 9.1, 9.2, etc… about a new pie. So, ask for your slice of that pie and stop agonizing that someone else is also asking for a slice.

2 Likes

It’s a valid opinion to support core races coming first, whether it’s a new pie analogy or not, I think most core races received such lack luster options just to discredit that so we can move on to more HE stuff, which is essentially what a lot of people who are asking for HE stuff mean when they want to move on to ARs. As NB should imo also come first in that regard.

2 Likes