Why so much hate over high elf options

Next up is Kirara, the second elf I made. I wanted a Drow elf appearance but whe looks blue rather than black. Again, I didn’t like the male model.

honestly all i want is an undead elf already with red eyes

2 Likes

I made this and my VElf at about the same time. It’s getting better, at least it’s a male this time.

I’m pretty sure 99% of us High Elf fans are perfectly happy waiting for Allied Races to get their turn. I think people just want Blizzard to confirm that they’re going to, in fact, get natural hair colours and whatever else.

“I’ve seen a lot of High Elf fans say they deserve priority over everyone else.”? Serious? Can you even show me literally just one person saying that, Lannisterian? It’s a pretty strange accusation to me.

This is my VElf, I think he looks glorious. It’s why I prefer VElf to BElf. I don’t want to take away from people wanting BElf appearances, they’re a well developed race, but I really do like VElf appearance better. It’s all I wanted to say, good luck in your thread.

We’re active in the same threads and you personally have tried to shame me for my opinion on core races coming first or should come first, so I don’t think what you’re saying is accurate.

4 Likes

Lmao. Give me proof of this. I’ve never tried to shame anyone over asking for stuff. Me arguing against your points doesn’t = me shaming you.

And we do post in the same threads, and I’ve never seen anyone say High Elves deserve priority over everything else.

But thats not the case you try to turn it into “Ask for what you want, don’t ask for us to not get our options” into some sort of twist like I don’t support more options later, so that is very different then “I don’t shame people for asking for things”

While failing to see I’m not arguing against your options I’m arguing for core races to come first, and you’ve done it a few times.

Maybe you should go through your own liked posts then.

1 Like

Your alibi for your proof is just “Because I said so”?

I’ve literally never said you guys can’t ask for whatever you want. I’ve been in threads for both UDR and San’layn, and I’ve always supported those requests.

Me and a lot of other people have always agreed with your disappointment about Blood Elves getting basically nothing, but you just don’t think we’re trying hard enough to voice it. You act like we owe you or something?

You’ve seen heaps of us agree with you on this, including me. ANd once again, can you show me a single time I said Void Elves deserve their customization options before anyone else?

1 Like

Its easy to hate an elf.

Supporting requests. Cool.

I’m talking about the fact you know my stance, I’m very clear on it,

And yet just for one example, people will take that, and say “You don’t support VE customizations” which is why I used the term shaming, which I do feel you have participated in though this is the quickest example I can come up with but it serves for a reference to what I’m talking about.

My points being taken out of context in regards to core races coming first, to being equated to not supporting VE options, I do feel is a disingenuous attempt at shaming in order to push for more HE options from some people.

And just for reference I am very clear on my stance and always have been, which is echoed again in this thread,

And the shaming I referred to since you want to scoff it off, is when people take my stance, know my stance, and regurgitate back as “You want only BE’s to come first and don’t support VE customizations”, which I feel you have liked posts from individuals who have echoed those statements hence why I would group you with them.

I have never once seen you agree on my opinion core races should come first, this is the first time, if thats where your opinion is I’ll meet you where you are on the topic, I’m glad we agree.

1 Like

Even if they get everything they ask for, they will still come up with a new list of demands.

6 Likes

Yes it’s a lot of options. Options that, outside of the eye colors (which all core races and some allied races got options for) were copy/pasted and required little time or effort to add to Void Elves.

But I do acknowledge it as an extremely generous gift, and I am VERY grateful for it. Still, that doesn’t mean I can’t, or shouldn’t, ask for the last feature necessary to complete the High Elf aesthetic - traditional hair colors. And I am going to keep asking for that.

Look, I get the notion of “High Elf fatigue” on the forums. But you know what? You don’t have to click those topics. And I also get not being satisfied with the type or amount of options you’re getting for your preferred race. But rather than waste time attacking a group asking for options they want, why not spend that time and effort asking for the options YOU want?

I mean, it seems to have worked for those seeking Alliance High Elves, at least aesthetically, right? Maybe if you spent more time asking for what you want, instead of complaining about what other people are asking for, and keeping their threads bumped, maybe you’d have more of the options you feel are missing.

5 Likes

The “last feature” asked for on the forums, the one which embarrassingly shows up now and again among your cult-like fanatics, is that all Thalassian Elves should be forcibly made Alliance, because it was a mistake that Blood Elves should have been made part of the game as Horde originally.

7 Likes
  • Paladin
  • Half elf short ears
  • hair colors
  • Tattoos/war paint

That is my list. That isn’t unreasonable. Many of those things already exist such as the ears, hair colors, and paladins. Just not for “void” elves.

I also believe humans should get half elf ear options as well.

I would vastly prefer to play my half elf ranger with the human model than the thalassian one.

1 Like

I won’t be among them asking for more High Elf options. So that’s one less helfer for you to worry about.

That’s not to say I won’t be asking for things I want for other races, like the Darkfallen aesthetics for Blood Elves, a TLDR post worth of things I feel Nightborne need, and those facial geometry options Humans got added to pretty much every race in the game. But the subject of High Elf customization will be closed for me once the hair color issue is addressed.

Honestly I just think void elves should be done with. They got some skintones and that should be the end of it. If they get any more customization it should be void stuff and that’s it. Maybe a couple tattoo options. They are already rivaling core races on customization and that’s bs. The Blood Elves should be able to keep one of their last distinct customization options, which is their hair and if you want to play a blue eyed blonde elf then play them.

I don’t like the HE community and I agree with posters here and I’ve said it before. Once they get the hair, then they want the ears. Then it’s why not just give us the green and gold eyes. Then it will be the paladin. Then if Blood Elf get something new they don’t have it will be, hey we should get that too. I’ve already heard them talk about the Kul Tiran hair textures and hairstyles. After they pluck everything from Blood Elves then they’ll come for everyone else.

7 Likes

I have, many Tauren have. But we don’t have the volume and voice that the Alliance High Elves have.

And I clicked on this forum post to explain exactly why I feel the way I do, on topic to what the OP is asking. You’re the one that started claiming my stance wasn’t fair or was disingenuous. Elf fatigue won’t end, because the demands from High Elves won’t end. There is no middle ground, there’s all or nothing. And Blizzard unfortunately made the mistake of trying to meet halfway.

7 Likes

I can’t stop you from lumping me in with this or that group, or thinking of everyone who wants High Elves as some sort of hive mind.

But I’m not asking for those things. I’m not one of your so-called “cult-like-fanatics”. I’m just a stubborn old man that will probably be dead before wow dies, and there’s things I’d like to have and I’ll keep asking for them till I get em.

Why don’t you?