Why shouldn't Dragonflight's price be increased?

I have no issues with the increase be explained away as “inflation”.

But don’t kid yourself. If Inflation magically sorted itself out by the next time a WoW expansion launch rolled around, you wouldn’t see decreased prices.

They just keep upping the standard.

And the pre-order bonuses are terrible this time around, as well.

I have no problems with the increase in price… None… I have an absolute issue with the decrease in quality.

Remember when they increased the price for expansions starting with WoD and that was pretty much half of an expansion?

1 Like

Yeah, depending on how DF goes, it needs to be worth the 80. The game as is, isn’t worth that amount…

This price increase is pretty wack after abandoning SLs.

1 Like

Considering Blizzard hasn’t increased their subscription prices since 2004, I’d say that’s a fair deal. If their monthly prices reflected inflation, we’d be paying $23.21 per month. So, they’re basically doing more with less.

1 Like

They need to stop relying on the art and music teams carrying them. Those two things should be the frosting on the cake…

3 Likes

The question is have they earned an increase in price? Have the last 2 expansions been A+ developer products?

Dragonflight is intended as a bit of a reset, the equivalent of a grand re-opening of a restaurant. If a restaurant has served poor food for years, so is refurbished, when they have that reopening with food that looks basically the same but is 20% more expensive, how would you expect customers to react?

That’s how i feel about whataburger right now. The prices raised in the last 3 years and the quality of the food has sunk to McDonald’s levels.

Its just sad since I loved going to whataburger all the time.

Your argument is based in a subjective reality.

The game is amazing to some, and not so good for others.

Personally, Shadowlands has been worth the price that I have paid for it. Or in other words, the amount of hours of entertainment far exceeds the price I paid.

You can’t just say the game is “bad” so why should I pay more for it? Movie tickets increase all the time, but you might go into the movie and think it was the worst movie you ever watched.

Prices of non-essentials like games are not inflating the way gas and food is, because reasons apparently. Something something, same wages at the company equals same price something something.

Just because values of key goods are going up across the world does not mean (it fact it kind of deliberately does not mean) that wages are following those increases. That’s why no one has discretionary spending which is hurting the economy (again, keeping discretionary prices low as demand is not through the roof).

People could give people more money as wages, but then the money would only further devalue, which is why I get the feeling we’re going to remember this event the way my grandparents remembered the Great Depression and 1929.

I really hope I’m wrong but I basically “knew” we were about to experience systemic failures just prior to 2008 (I apparently have good taste in sources, it’s never my own call I’m no economist).

I heard the only thing that will fix this situation is two maybe three things that will absolutely suck in the short term, raise interest rates as well as taxes to take dollars out of the economy and reestablish their value. Balance government budget so that it doesn’t amount to printing billions of new dollars a year. Those three things would apparently fix it though I don’t know in what time frame (ie how bad it would hurt for how long), but guess what’s all deeply unpopular in this country. Those same things.

Not to mention that the price of big name games are increasing across the board.

Correct. The value of anything and everything is subjective. If you are thirsty, you will pay for a drink, but air is free. If your head is held under water, you have plenty to drink, but you would pay for air.

And I’d be hesitant to buy tickets to another similar movie again, and mock them for raising the price if my opinion was a popular one.

Counterpoint buying groceries and gas for vehicle are necessarily for staying were you live but gaming is entertainment so not necessarily. While blizzard can raise price guess which one gets cut first if it needed. :thinking:

My initial thoughts are that they’re adjusting for inflation: everything is getting more and more expensive and I’m not sure if that’s going to change any time soon! I wouldn’t be surprised if more and more AAA games start being priced for $70 as well.

It’s not so much a ‘should’ or ‘shouldn’t’ thing, I think it’s more of a ‘it’s the way of the market’ thing! Naturally they can set the price to whatever they want but it’s not exactly business savvy to be selling things at a loss. $30 ten years ago isn’t $30 now.

1 Like

Yeah imagine lumping digital goods with essentials you need to stay alive and throwing a buzzword out like “inflation”.

OP very clearly failed economics.

Everyone, it is just a troll. Flag and move on lol

Well I’d say you are splitting hairs solely for the sake of argument. Based on the fact you know full well the context being made is basically “really people don’t use logic against the state of the economy to reason why prices are up”?

No one that I know EVER wants to pay higher prices – even in a booming economy, much less a down economy. So of course you know the context is meant “considering the state of the economy now”.

I saw an article on that just yesterday… a lot of major studios are adjusting their base game prices to $70 now as the norm as opposed to $60.

1 Like

Giving companies less money when their production costs more leads them to try and scum money out of us with in-game purchases and loot boxes

i have no problem with price increases but in us your wages never go up to compensate for the majority of people living here. ask blizz they know about not paying some employees a fair wage.