Why should Blizzard ban bots?

The bot gets deleted and immediately recreated and boosted? Like, I can’t reconcile the fact that dozens and dozens of employees have been sharing all the crap that went on at Blizzard but I didn’t see a single thing about being forced to lie and mislead the community about the botting situation.

If you can give me a good reason as to why not a single employee has made a disparaging statement about this, please explain. In one post people are saying Blizzard doesn’t ban bots because they like the sub money and a few posts later people are now claiming that when Blizzard does ban bots, it’s because they like the boost money that bots provide them with.

The narrative is constantly changing and I find it just bizarre. Like I stumbled into a den of conspiracy theorists.

Likely from stolen credit cards. Are you saying a company shouldn’t be liable for accepting this?

Because the people that left the company care about what happened to themselves? Not bots…of all things.

Ongoing problem exists and communication is abysmal. Even what you linked is three years old.
By all means, you give me a believable reason why it isn’t properly dealt with.
I more wonder if they even have the manpower left at this point.

Because the situation is more complicated than the extremely biased, average forum goer can comprehend with the information they’ve been given. The default stance when people here can’t understand something seems to be that Blizzard must be lying to them.

It’s the most detailed post is why I linked it. If you pay any attention to the CS forum, they’re constantly addressing this:

1 Like

Here’s another wonderful post by Vrakthris on the “they make money off of bots” conspiracy.

I think it’s silly to suggest that he’s been lying/wrong about this for years now.

1 Like

If we learned any one thing from Microsoft’s Tay, it’s that any bot connected to the internet isn’t just racist, but SUPER racist.

An extremely safe assumption.

Ah yes, forgive me for being too average to comprehend what is so difficult to pinpoint and stop about bots that flyhack and wallhack between Ramps and BF when the legwork (reporting) has already been done for them, names basically handed to them on a platter.

Tell me what is so difficult to detect about a level 60 clipping through walls and being in coordinates that no legitimate player would be in?
Or why it isn’t possible to break their ability to do this after 15 years of it?

So eager to just blindly defend and believe.
I believe what I see. And I see bots. Everywhere.

Mmmk.

He’s either complicit or inept.

There’s a reason ban waves only happen periodically, instead of consistently… Blizzard isn’t trying to get RID of bots, they’re trying to TAX bots and make them pay for the right to bot. They don’t want them to quit outright, because they pay a sub and boost fees.

Blizz board has a fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders to generate profits. The most profitable outcome is:

1. Only periodically ban the bots, in order generate revenue via the bots having to buy new accounts/booosts and make it look like they’re doing something productive to the rest of the players. By appearing to do something, they ensure the fewest amount of real players quit.

2. Space the bans out so much that the bot companies are assured a profitable venture before the inevitable banwave. They are being taxxed, but are still profitable, so they continue buying new accounts/boosts

3. Use internal data including all bot accounts for propaganda purposes to make game seem healthier than it actually is.

It’s big business… ALWAYS assume the single most cynical, money grubbing behavior.

3 Likes

bots are older than any of us they’re here since day1 & More active they’re playing 24/7! bots deserve respect xD

1 Like

Why haven’t former employees who came out with STOCK CRIPPLING allegations said anything about this?

Could it just be that everything you wrote is a conspiracy theory?

1 Like

what’s the difference? dollars are dollars.

Insurance companies are often unoffficially instructed to throw out 1 in 10 claims regardless of merit. Why? Because it saves the company millions of dollars over time when the insurance holder fails to refile their “lost” claim on time. How many leaks about that do you see?

Your blind faith in corporations that would watch you die for another $100 on their balance sheet is dramatically misplaced. They care about money, and only money.

EDIT: I’d add, that the “shocking revelation” that a company would make moves in order to maximize proffits would hardly be a “stock crippling” event. Hell, given the board’s fiduciary responsibility to the share holders, a “stock crippling” event would more likely be that they’re wasting money paying 10 employees 100,000 a year each (california is nutty) too actively go around banning other paying customers (in a hypothetical scenario where they where actively attacking the bot problem)

I find your stance in here strange considering.

The decisions and communication of DEVELOPERS is a little bit different context. I’m not criticizing the hacks and CS teams for implementing a bunch of QoL features and then backtracking and thinking about restricting Dual Spec and removing LFD.

Completely different from what we’re discussing here. You’re accusing CS employees of lying to the community, consistently for years. That’s what you’re doing here.

This is honestly the most well spoken explanation of the reality of botting IMO. 100% agree with this statement.

Itd make a good info wars episode for sure

That’s their job.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.