Why RBGs are fun!

Despite the way we perceive truth with a negative bias, this isn’t an Asmongold FFXIV video talking ill of WoW to get likes and views, but rather a thread where we unironically talk about the redeeming qualities of RBGs and why one would consider them fun.

Are you having fun this RBG season, is there any aspect that has improved in terms of gameplay, community, or other topics?

I want to enjoy things without being cynical about them for once.

RBGs are fine, Blizzard’s ability to retain a customer base isn’t.

7 Likes

rbgs are fun trying to get invited into an rbg group is anti-fun

6 Likes

i enjoy objective pvp more than just arena. I like that there’s a reason to be attacking/killing the other team instead of just a gladiatorial ‘kill or be killed’ framing. We’ve all been in matches where our team loses on kills or damage or healing, but plays the objective better and squeek out a win.

I am not right now, but i think this season has potential. Right now things feel very deflated. Even at the top of the ladder its like 2300 instead of 2600+ ? seems strange. yeah the season is only 2 weeks in but the ladder is so compressed its hard to climb. I’m hoping this alleviates in the coming weeks. Its going to be a long season so hoping patience will work.

For enjoyment, Elemental has never felt better. The new build with Skybreaker’s and Control of Lava really puts elemental at one of the top tier DPS. I lose out on burst, but can compete with the highest dps on the meters now. Its not from the dispel, but from

1. having almost 100% uptime on Fire Elemental
  2. 25% more flame shock damage while Fire Ele is out
  3. 15% more flame shock damage with Control of Lava
  4. 100% longer duration flame shocks (meaning more ability to spread them)

Flame shock can be my highest damaging ability by the end of the match. The dispel usually contributing 10-12%

And i can still Stormkeeper Lava burst Earth Shock for 20k crits from SK and ES + 10k from lava burst. So the burst potential is still significant.

2 Likes

Love bgs always have but i dont enjoy sitting in lfg for hours either. But its what i got so yay?