Why raid logs/parses destroyed the WoW Classic experience for me

This is a bit pathetic. I cannot believe people are seriously responding to this thread mad about players that want to play at a high level… here is the key… if you dont want to play with them… DONT PLAY WITH THEM. Find like minded players. thats what they did… ffs.

this is the correct answer

Hey man, hit me up in the game, same server. I moved from guilds like the ones you described, i even changed servers. In our guild we use a addon called loot council, random guildies are offered to be on loot council at the beginning of the raid, those people along with 1-2 guild officers analyze the loot in a seperate discord channel. factors include, how big of a upgrade, attendance!, good deeds (like passing a item to someone who needs it more to catch up to the guild), set bonus’, etc. Then they come back into the main discord channel and discuss their decisions and why they made them, if anyone has a issue they are allowed to speak up. Meanwhile the guild hasnt stopped moving and is onto the next boss. This has sped up our raid times significantly and our guild as a whole has geared up nicely. We have had several people from unnamed guilds join our ranks, you would be welcomed too.

I’ve been coming to the same conclusions. The new culture and things like Warcraft Logs are destroying my experience. I’ve contemplated whether or not it’s for me for the same reasons, and I’d never have dreamt I’d be thinking of turning down Classic. I LOVE the game.

I was recently on the very cusp of joining a guild - I thought it was confirmed - they made me wait an inexplicable length of time for the invite (I had left my own guild already for this) - the recruiter whispers me back and says that their leaders and council had reviewed my Warcraft logs, and, “had come to a decision to not move forward.”

How insane that was, because they were receiving me as a holy applicant that had been raiding primarily as retribution! I brought that to their attention just out of principal, though I had already been vastly turned off by them, and they had nothing more to say. They had passed their elitist nerd judgement and would no longer regard me; typical of the “Classic” WoW player. I had a look at this “Warcraft logs” and see no reason they should even be able to discern my spec and whether or not I was even holy in a raid, but who cares. I don’t want to be with those types anyway.

Sounds like paladins - who already receive a lot of unjust treatment - are only more persecuted by the existence of digital fecal matter like Warcraft Logs. Light be with you in these dark days.

2 Likes

While I get the concept that logs arent for each guild and people can play with different levels of casual to hardcore, I would say your defeatist attitude is your biggest issue. The guilds you have been in or are trying to recruit into should be pretty clear in what they are looking for and expect in terms of performance and how they review it. If you dont want to invest time into bettering yourself to meet their criteria, then aim for more casual guilds who dont care and are potentially lower performing.

It isnt a problem for guilds expecting good performance, especially in the current phase where guilds are imploding and talent is becoming available. Just adjust your expectations if you arent willing to put in the effort to improve to their criteria. Your example is like removing scoring from a sports game and not looking into player statistics. Some people dont care about them that much and just enjoy playing, but anyone who does is usually playing in their local field with friends and not expecting to be in a league.

You have to put in a tiny bit of effort to be accepted by most guilds. They probably looked at the logs and saw you enchanted your chest with +5 health and put in close to zero effort and decided they would pass.

That’s not being elitist, that’s having reasonable standards.

Paladins bring the most powerful buffs in the game to the raid. Every guild wants at least four Paladins, that doesn’t sound like “persecution” to me.

3 Likes

Why did you necro this? This thread was dead 3 months ago.

1 Like

The legend of Kade ‘heals in full T2, complains but has the lowest HPS in logs and lied about no one dying in their raids’ the paladin never truly dies.

1 Like

So how about that AQ difficulty bud? Turns out I was right, it’s a joke. Only semi challenge in there is Twins.

1 Like

AQ 40 is easier than BWL. You can kill C’thun with half the raid dead on pull.

lol

1 Like

People don’t realize their behavior impacts the sustainability of the game.

They think there is no connection.

The min/maxers also turned me off to the game.

1 Like

dont mind me just posting in a necro thread

1 Like

“Had come to a decision to not move forward.”

Were you applying to a video game guild or a job? LOL that is ridiculous. Sounds like you’re better off not joining them.

1 Like

Why does this thread keep getting revived? It was back from April, and OP has already been roasted into oblivion.

2 Likes

To be clear here, what you are talking about is primarily only an issue in classic because people that are too bad to play retail fled to classic and are simply acting how they think actual good players act.

Retail is not like this, at least not in decent guilds. This is a mentality you only find in very low end guilds.

Dark magiks.

1 Like

Why did you use your time to write absolute fiction about me?

You don’t understand the way paladins are treated outside of providing their buffs. In general we are mocked and ridiculed regularly.

Which part was fiction? The +5 health enchant on your rank 8 chest?

Paladins are not mocked and ridiculed regularly. I think the issue may not be that you are a Paladin.

1 Like

Maybe stop being awful at the game and you’ll stop getting gkicked

there’s an idea

2 Likes

at least i’m not rank 0 like yourself, and you are clearly seething with envy for my powerful enchants.

why’s your profile hidden? do you have no health on your chest?