Why raid logs/parses destroyed the WoW Classic experience for me

If he’s deep frost for the debuff hmmm depends doesn’t it. Not saying those exact numbers, but you get the point.

Actually really common, just that there were no warcraft logs and no one cared. We only wanted loot and to kill bosses.

1 Like

What’s sad is even if you choose to ignore endgame and just focus on leveling, they’ve infected that too.

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t even bother to level any more alts now because it’s all dungeon power leveling. No one is just doing the dungeons, or doing the quests. It’s kinda sad.

1 Like

Levelin my alts the old way now. Grind with some quests mixed in. =)

That wasn’t my scenario.

Obv a winter’s chill mage does less dps.

I know, I was just being difficult. :laughing:

Nobody wants 2 handed DPS weapons for raiding… so you are lying about warriors and rogues taking your gear.

You chose a progression guild that wants to decrease their time spent raiding, and obviously they are going to care if you do 300dps, to a warriors 1k, or a feral druids 600, who are considered low dps in their own right.

Go join a guild with 5 moonkins, 5 shadow priests, and 5 ret pallys on the roster with 5 enhanced shaman for your dps.

Enjoy you 3 hour BWL’s

I am no fan of Warcraft logs, as their rating parse system is total horsehockey. I parsed 98% in MC my first time healing, as a tank spec druid.

HOWEVER, if everyone… including the tanks is doing more damage than you… you can’t justify your raid spot as a dps. I am sure they would be happy to take you as a healer.

edit = OMG, WTF do people post on necro topics…

Says someone who never played vanilla.

LOL thats damn funny.
Find a guild that is not ran by a bunch of re*ards. There are plenty of those around. The game is about having fun not raging over stuff like that and pointing out mistakes

Weird flex but ok.

This is really the Dunning Kruger effect in action. You’ve got a lot of people running guilds who think they understand the game and how to read parses, but they actually have no clue.

Perhaps the best example I can use is fantasy football. Now, I like fantasy football. It’s a fun way to get together with your buddies and add another level to the weekly football watching party.

But no sensible coach would ever run his team based on how they perform in fantasy football. It would be ridiculous. While those statistical categories have some input on overall success, they aren’t what you’re trying to optimize in order to win games.

The emphasis on the secondary characteristics of raiding - those rough statistics that frequently involve de-optimizing your raid to optimize meaningless numbers - over the primary goal of raiding (to beat the raid) is a result of innumeracy rather than wisdom.

Just sounds like a bad guild, nothing too special really, find a guild that matches your mindset and be clear with how you want to play the game, many people are trying to find semi-hardcore or semi-casual, You can very much clear all of BWL/MC/Ony and ZG with “meme specs” taking up a big part of the raid, it just means you wont be clearing it in sub 45 minutes.

Just look for people with a similar mindset who arn’t minmaxing and you wont have this problem.

I mean…the only thing that’s RUINED classic and raiding for you is your own self…You said ‘you don’t wipe and nobody has’ reviewing ALL your logs…you no joke have an easy 500+ death count between your entire raid in just the 20 or so I’ve reviewed…Don’t twist and turn a story when you are clearly lying… Logs are God especially when dealing with people who just can’t help themselves but to spew bullsh1t. because you can lie / say anything you want. but the real facts “Logs” don’t support any of the things you’ve stated…They just prove you are lying. Logs don’t ruin anything…They help you understand how to do better. Which clearly isn’t the case for you. Idk why that’s even an argument

1 Like

Good guild imo.
they did nothing wrong.

3 Likes

Only one mage gets the big ignite ticks aswell.

For credit on the meter probly so, and it’s sad if that the situation because all fire mages contribute to it. I don’t know for sure because I don’t raid as a mage in classic.

Always looked the same in logs as the meter, if you get chosen for the meter, you get chosen for the log.

1 Like

It’s a bad system, the meter or the log because it does not show contribution of the buffs and debuff, and worse show how time taken to kill a boss impacts that.

Because blitzing a raid massively increases damage just by action of going faster by means of stacking the high burst classes. As the fights get longer the DPS drops because of the longer duration and more normal rotations. Like for example of a fight is 20 second then I have basically the whole fight with AR and blade flurry, that’s massive and very misleading.

I think alot of the players don’t understand that, and it doesn’t actually take all that much other than stacking ideal class builds and ideal raid buffs to go from 600 dps to 1200 dps. Not even kidding, the advantage of time is tremendous.

Like 10% more stats outside of standard raid buffs, that’s massive, it’s just crazy when stacked right.

Don’t forget to tell the dps to stand in the fire!

1 Like