Why priest is the the only class that auto smite

Last few days i notices my night elf priestess, when after 2 or 3 smites on her enemies, she auto wrack with her staft or mace. But with wand, she doent auto shoot with her wand after casting smite. Why priest is the only class that can do that? I dont want her to be like her warcraff 3 role. Not only night elves. Other priest races too. Not fair. It is cloth wearer class like mage and warlock. Should give that to druid or shaman

Looking at your profile, you currently have a staff equipped. Did you previously have a wand/off-hand equipped? Auto attack will be based on the type of weapon you have. If you have a staff, you’ll whack something with your staff. If you have a wand/off-hand combo, it should default to auto-shoot. But unless you’re playing classic, you shouldn’t have an issue running out of mana and needing to auto-attack at all.

1 Like

Classic can equip both. Wand and Staff at the same time. BFA you do one or the other.

1 Like

I do. But i disenchant and toss out the book cause we all know priests dont used their weapon to attack. I meant after casting smite and not casting other spells when the enemies are near death. Like for example: 10%. I hope blizz fix this anoying bug. I have tried many times with other races priests in disci or holy but same thing as night elf priest. Only in shadow doent wrack with the staft after casting mind blast

I would just level and forget about it. Later on you get ranged and melee range instant cast dps skills one of them is a spammable AOE all around you. There is absolutely no need to attack with a weapon.

1 Like

But very anoying this bug. Shall i ignore the bug that make me wrack with my staft?

At level 12 you got holy fire
At level 24 you get holy word chastise.

Those are two instant cast spells to finish off the target before you get annoyed with the staff.

Later you get the melee ranged holy nova, There are plenty of other much more annoying features in the game.

Edit: Holy priest should be playing in dungeons after level 15 so this won’t happen.

1 Like

I remember that HWC short form for Holy Word Chastise is at lvl 16 not lvl 24. But this account that i post on is a starter account and cannot reach lvl 20+

You can pay $15 for a month and level to 110.

1 Like

But my family is not affort to pay. That is why i create 4 more starter account on this Battlenet Account

If you can’t get past 20 I would also play Final Fantasy XIV it’s free up to level 35. You can level as many classes as you want. It’s very good and the second most popular MMO behind WoW.

1 Like

Also didnt buy FFXIV

It’s FREE up to level 35 so you can play awhile. Level a few different classes. If you ever get some money you’ll be experienced with classes partially leveled.

1 Like

I tried many times but cannot log in to the game. I am waiting for the draenei hunter to reply my 1post. What are the other anoying features at lvl 30 get? Pls tell me

Smite turning on auto-attack is annoying. (There are some other spells from other classes that also do this — it’s kindof random.) If it’s not causing wands to auto-shoot, that’s an improvement over how it was when they first made smite turn on autoattack. (The auto-shoot was actually causing casts to be delayed, which meant avoiding wands even if they were an upgrade.)

It generally won’t be an issue in groups, as you won’t be in range to actually whack stuff. When solo, the best option is to just keep casting before your character can start swinging. You can actually queue up your next cast a bit before your current cast ends. (Which is a good habit to get into anyhow as it means you don’t lose damage/healing even at moderate latency.) So, start casting your next spell as your cast bar near the end, don’t wait for it to actually finish.

1 Like

But how to queue my next cast? Help me. Ok i tried next time

Simply keep pressing the button. About a half second before the last cast is finished, you’ll see the button light up around the edges, indicating that it’s queued to cast again as soon as the previous cast is finished.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help guys. Including u Ana that is trying to get me play FFIV and Udiza. I can finally smiting my enemies in peace. But i like 1 thing about my smite. I can auto smite my next target after my 1st one is dead only when i am near a group of enemies. That is good for me cause i am slow

The wand is a ranged attack weapon with an extremely slow auto attack speed and nearly invisible auto attack and fairly negligible damage. Next time you equip a wand go to an attack dummy, stand back out of melee range and right-click the dummy and watch, very carefully, and you might see the animation of the wand auto attack and you might see the little “spark” fly to the dummy (it flies very quickly though). If you are paying attention and you’re graphics are turned up high enough, you’ll see it.

Casters, especially cloth-wearing casters, just have their weapons as stack sticks and the auto-attacks for those weapons do negligible damage. The damage they really do comes from the spells they explicitly cast.

I don’t think it’s a bug. It’s auto-attack. Auto-attack is always based on what you have equipped. Even in Classic, before you have a wand, you’ll whack things over their heads with your staff. If you want to shoot with a wand, you need to equip a wand/off-hand combo.

Auto-attack will engage if you’re in combat, in melee range, and not casting a spell. Keep casting spells and you won’t have to worry about it.

1 Like