Why people sleep on consecration?

It has little to no damage yes, but it procs everything else and more on AoE. It’s a proc trigger and should be used immediately after your initial HP build intro.

Just clearing the water because ret guides are so wrong. Everything that triggers on ability…use consecration for way more procs.

1 Like

Considering that Art of War resets on auto attacks, Empyrean power and Fires of Justice are procced by CS, Divine Purpose and Selfless Healer are procced by HP spenders, and Healing Hands only works with Word of Glory what does it actually procc?

If you’re talking about trinkets or Soulbind powers, those don’t make up more than a small % of your damage. Consecration can be given higher priority in AoE situations, however outside of that there is little to no reason to use it before putting everything else on cooldown.

4 Likes

Like what?

1 Like

Yeah, I’m trying to figure out what it procs exactly. Trinkets? And are most procs outside of class abilities not on RPPM? So it’s not like Consecration would give you “way more procs” anyway…

2 Likes

Trinkets are rppm anyway, so having more ticks or not isnt gonna make trinkets proc more.

We just press consecration because we have nothing else to press for few seconds. Which is honestly a terrible gameplay design since we have these gaps in the rotation. Making BoJ 12sec, Judgement 12sec and CS 6sec was the worst move for Ret.

4 Likes

Reckoning triggers way more often with consecration, I don’t have the specific timers yet, but it ampliflies the proc.

Trinkets that proc on ability will cast much more often as well. As for small %, yes but our BiS is the PvP trinket and the other really is meh. Stone legion still simming the best due to constant vers buff to add to burst window.

Viscera of coalesced hatred procs nearly every 5s if consecration is out.

Which Reckoning?

Can I see the math on that?

My guy your parses are blue on normal, people sleep on consecration cause it SUCKS. Its OKAY to push it when you have nothing else better to do but other than that its terrible, it doesn’t even outweigh CS unless you have like 10 targets, may be exaggerating but honestly don’t think so.

2 Likes

Outside of Torghast, I use it as filler.

Inside of Torghast, it does holy damage, and therefore can stun enemies when I get the Anima Power for holy damage causes stun thing (forgot its name).

It’s not really worth pressing unless you can’t generate holy power or use a spender. It would be nice if Consecration generated holy power. It would feel less like a complete waste of a GCD.

2 Likes

Or you know, remove consecration, and bring back boj to 10sec cd, judgement to 6sec cd, and crusader strike to 4.5sec cd to remove the intended ‘‘downtime’’ in our rotation to use our utility spells lmao.

3 Likes

Right? Why on earth doesn’t Consecration generate holy power?

2 Likes

Personally I’d rather Consecration not end up in the single-target rotation. “Generates 1 Holy Power if it hits 2 or more targets” would be ok with me though.