Why not give Casuals high lvl gear?

That’s hilarious coming from someone dying on the hill of not being able to understand a figurative statement.

1 Like

Honestly, they should just dissolve LFR and add a story mode for raid content, since that is virtually the only intended purpose of LFR. If people think Mythic raids or M+ is toxic, take a gander at LFR haha. Nothing about that would entice people to want to raid.

1 Like

Presumably you won’t have much trouble with the world content in 9.2, even the day that it launches. Just how close should you be able to get to 285 if you never do anything other than world quests?

No it’s not. Have you even read what I said? I said it used to be raid or die. Now there are multiple avenues to get gear with the best one not being raiding.

I want people to to the difficult content if they want the gear.

9.0 says hello. Cov gear fully upgrades was in between LFR and normal raid gear.

Korthia gave you up to normal end boss loot and you still complained.

I agree with this 100%

I have, throughout the thread. You routinely tell people they need to do existing endgame content if they want decent gear. The content available to them as is remains a stepping stone to said endgame content, which is a sentiment you’ve either voiced or agreed with previously. You can acquire better gear on average now than you could in some former expansions, but that gear is still plugged into a model that is effectively a conveyor belt to existing endgame. The game is certainly less raid or die if you measure it by ilvl alone, but the foundation of the game is still the same.

Yes. Endgame content is not limited to raiding.

You’re not going to get a solo grind endgame with the best rewards and even if you did the difficulty would make the original mage tower look like a leveling dungeon.

False. Raid or die would be only raiding gives you gear

The game hasn’t been raid or die since mplus was introduced.

Well, crafters can make items up to ilvl 266 with a unique modification (as in players can only have 1 such item equipped) why not, instead of making it an optional reagent to do so, just allow crafters to make a full set for people to use with the new materials and increase how many pieces one can have equipped?

It is more then “world quests”, and it gives a path to the gap most are used to. These items are also BoE so people can, if they desire, earn the gold via WQs and buy such from the AH, thus helping both casuals with content and raiders with ways to supplement their gear.

If the rewards are only best for the content it exists in, why does it matter? Also, note I’ve not argued for the removal of challenge for superior rewards, only that there be more to pursue as alternative endgames.

I include Mythic Plus within Raid or Die as a convenient shorthand, even though that isn’t technically correct. That, and while M+ is certainly an end unto itself, it remains a part of optimizing as a raider.

There are supposed to be some “harder” parts of 9.2 world content that would require grouping, good gear, and/or tree research to complete, but yes traditionally in WoW, having LFR or max world quest iLvl from a previous patch is more than sufficient to quest in a new patch’s zone if you pull mobs sparingly and group up for elites. (Granted, raiding geared players can quest more efficiently and safely.)

Someone in a post recently suggested iLvl 259 from 9.2’s new world content, just to keep pace with 9.1’s Korthia gear. A reasonable amount of grinding and/or timegating would be justified.

Note: This would not actually make Shadowlands as good for casuals as previous expansions, it would just maintain 9.2’s presence as new patch content for casuals.

I would also add iLvl 265 gear drops from the highest layer of Torghast on a weekly lockout basis. This would be a tall order for Korthia casuals in their 233 gear, but it would help maintain some of the development progress made in BfA’s Visions.

Blizzard can’t keep deleting development progress, excluding half of its players from power and gameplay, antagonizing competitive players with systems, and disrespecting established lore and expect WoW to maintain players or attract new ones. WoW is sinking ship and 9.2 devs don’t realize how to save it.

Only 9 out of a potential 16 slots.

And iLvl 197 was still low compared to what we could get in previous expacs (Normal and Heroic from world content, events, etc.)

iLvl 233 was good considering that you could earn it just from quests, treasures, and tagging rares, but I personally complained because the original grind was too long, too timegated, and too RNG dependent.

That’s a higher ilvl than the normal raid isn’t it? And that weekly Torghast drop would be a higher ilvl than the what the heroic raid offers.

(Sorry, I typed 266 instead of 265, but corrected my original post above.)

Normal raiding will likely be 252 / 259.
Heroic raiding will likely be 265 / 272.

Theoretical 259 rewards from world content would be upper Normal, and on par with 9.1 Korthia gear.

A theoretical 265 piece once a week from Torghast would be lower Heroic, but that would still be a nerf compared to BfA Visions. And the highest layer of Torghast will more than likely be more challenging than open world content.

Because that’s two much gear to carry around for everything. It’s dumb and waste of dev time to create gear that only benefits a small minority.

Yet it would be a way for solo/casual to gear up for the jailor’s gambit (8 floor per layer boss rush) for unique rewards.

1 Like

I think I told you to surprise me.

I’ll slide right past the irony of that statement, but it isn’t a minority. Everyone, as is, is artificially forced to engage in most content to progress their characters. Raiders at the highest level gripe about this especially, because the existence of superior gear outside their area of expertise obligates them to grind out the gear. Those obligations are strangling their own enjoyment. As someone with a self professed limited schedule, this would free you up to focus on content you enjoy the most.

And while bagspace is definitely a pitfall of it were designed exactly as I lay out (which is not an inevitability), just upping bag slots would mitigate that pretty quickly.