Why Nerf Outlaw when DH/Warr/Mages do double the dps?

I really don’t understand this. The only good thing an outlaw was able to do was AOE , they are built around AOE so why take the only good thing we have away from us?
If you wanted to stop groups from having more than 1 rogue on the MDI then make it were class stacking is not allowed. Creating this nerf does nothing about the real issue and only hurts the class.

Now instead of outlaw being great at aoe and mediocre at ST they are now mediocre at both.

It really confuses me why they would do this yet DH,Warr and mages still do almost double the dps in both aoe and single target.

Am I missing something?

6 Likes

Because they were apparently too good at AOE. They’re not mediocre at it now. They’re still the best. They’re just not waaaaaaay ahead of everyone else.

24 Likes

They are not only good at aoe. They also have stuns, silence, multiple cc, multiple immunity, other defensives, self heals, stealth, shroud, vanish and like an 11 yard “melee”. Maybe more Idk it’s easy to lose track.

Can any other classes do those? It isn’t all about raw number

35 Likes
  1. No they don’t. Outlaw is still fantastic AOE damage.

2. Warriors and mages don’t bring shroud, which is at this point the single most significant utility in the M+ scene. Nor any of the other dozen things rogues have got in their favor.

5 Likes

But they werent ahead??? DH’s Warr and mages were

Lol.

Sure bud, sure.

Outlaw was nuts in M+. It still is but it was too.

Also post on your rogue crybaby.

There’s a reason the MDI was running 3x outlaw and it wasn’t because of shroud.

10 Likes

Then ask yourself why the best players weren’t taking DHs, wars and mages instead of 3x rogues.

11 Likes

Dh has:

An AOE stun
Interupt
Imprison
One group wide defensive, on top of their self-defensive
More self-healing
More mobility
A 5% magic damage buff

Just sayin, rogue was OP obviously, but a DH can do a lot of the things a rogue can, sometimes even better than rogues.

9 Likes

it’s hilarious to me because from what i understand they’re still really strong… but apparently being 100xs better than everyone else is where they felt comfortable and feel sad beyond belief that they’re not that way anymore? lol

3 Likes

WW monk. We are forgotten, but are the hidden OP. Outlaw rogue was only a diversion!

I wouldn’t hold your breath on that… unless Blizz fixes it WW scales like garbage and has one of the buggiest CDs in the game.

1 Like

ww is op in the way that matters most. it’s SUPER fun. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh i agree totally there. I just wish it scaled :frowning:

1 Like

would be nice. :frowning:

Its pretty easy to control SEF, the key is to let the clones jump the target before using offensive abilities. I’m guessing you can macro it. Also our aoe end game goes beyond 100k in mythic plus IF you respect hit combo.

Our utility is what made us so attractive, so they reduced our dps. :cry:

I mean i have legit watched my clone run to Africa and back to attack a target right in front of me. I just sat there in amazement.

2 Likes

A DH’s aoe stun is a waste of the DR on the mobs. A 2 second stun will cost you more than 2 seconds off the DR of the real stun (hoj/leg sweep/incap totem) For that purpose a rogue/shaman/monk stun is FAR superior.

Perhaps removing shroud would be a good start?

4 Likes

As long as they do the same thing to shadowmeld.

1 Like