Why nerf aoe now?

Answer honestly, how often are you truly dealing with pulls of more than 8 mobs? Yeah, that’s what I thought. This change will be extremely minor in the overall scheme of things.

6 Likes

In TBC I could one shot people with chain lightning, that’s just a tuning issue.

In short: What happened to TD (also not yet confirmed if it will make it into live)

As a hunter I do it all the time.

2 Likes

maybe so less classes can farm as easily?

Clearly having the strongest burst aoe.

A group wide defensive cd

Capability to taunt & immune to soak.

Ranged interrupt

Offensive dispel

Aoe stun

A 9 second cd 100% dodge to avoid a mechanic.

A class specific buff with no profession equivalent.

All wrapped up in 6 buttons.

It’s almost like there are more DHs by far than any other class (even rogues) in higher keys.

13 Likes

Could this change be tied to Blizzard’s time played metric? It’ll take a bit longer to farm and do dungeons, time played is longer.

1 Like

And they’re still not OP.

Has to be. This is an obvious anti-farming thing.

1 Like

Not really, there aren’t that much pulls that are more than 5-6 mobs.
Even if you farm mobs in the world.

1 Like

Hard to see your head in all that sand.

6 Likes

Guessing here, but it probably had to do with Mythics. You could potentially go faster without an aoe cap, especially in BFA dungeons loaded with trash mobs.

1 Like

And you’re just a killjoy that wants to ruin other peoples’ fun. It’s sad really.

2 Likes

Yes that’s why we don’t ban cheaters, because they’re having fun.

2 Likes

They’ve tinkered with AoE more than a few times in the past.
Adding DR to AoE damage back in TBC comes to mind.
Changing the cap in Wrath, mid expansion.
Upped the cap in MoP, from what I can remember.

I don’t exactly see the point of this most recent change. I don’t think it would make the game more fun to play.

But this certainly isn’t the first time they’ve adjusted AoE abilities in this way.

1 Like

Playing a class that some people incorrectly think is OP and breaking the ToS by cheating isn’t even a close comparison. Try again.

You got me.

I don’t like people that play havoc and I want to hurt their fun.

We can ignore how I have a havoc DH.

That’s totally it.

1 Like

Okay and? They aren’t going to buff Chain Lightning’s damage to do an absurd amount of damage because we go back to:

which was a majority of classes AoE “rotations” in the older expansions.

Target capped abilities will always do less than non-capped ones. MM is the best example because currently is hardcapped PERIOD at 5 targets (aka no Earthquake to back it up) and is unable to do remotely the same amount of damage as other classes who don’t have capped AoE…like the other ranged hunter spec which does like 60%+ more damage in Hivemind pad parses.

Even IF these changes go through, the problem is the fact that classes still aren’t being treated equally across the board. Some classes are stuck with 4 target cap while others get the luxury of 8. If it is Teeming+Tyran week (like right now) in a key in Shadowlands tell me right now which class would you take: the one that can only hit 4 targets which makes double pulls a waste of time, or the ones that can hit 8 and allow you to double pull since it is tyran and the trash isn’t a real threat.

3 Likes

Unless I’m totally misunderstanding your position and I apologize if I am, you want Havoc to be nerfed, right?

You’re really oblivious of the point.

Let me explain.
The point is having fun doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be rules or game design working in a fair or balanced way.

You’re very innocent if you think the contrary in a multiplayer game.

1 Like