Why mages are always good and its not even a big deal

You make a good point, mages and rogues toolkit is really useful for pvp compared to other classes, their toolkits gives them identity as classes so removing or tweaking spells may be detrimental to their gameplay. Just for context I’m a game designer and I agree with what you are saying, but there are alternatives to this, like balancing the duration, cool downs and diminishing returns of their skills. At the moment in my opinion the diminishing returns of these two classes are not in line with the CC of the rest of the classes in the game, small tweaks like making the mage disorient last 1.5 seconds instead of two in pvp could make huge leaps in changing the balance of the class, maybe add a buff where you can’t be sapped again if you were over the effect of sap during the last two seconds, could make many classes with defensives not usable while in CC a lot more viable in arenas, these are just wild suggestions that crossed my mind while writing these, but I’m sure that Blizz could make mages and rogues less successful in rated pvp while keeping the classes fun if they wished to do so.

1 Like

I agree they need to prune some of the silences, and insta cast bs… classes need more identity

Sounds fun, link?

Bias is really common though every class has champions who come to defend its honor when someone mentions any broken ability no matter how broken the ability actually is. There could be a spell that auto kills 10 people in a second and the class it belonged to would have legions of defenders saying it’s not OP.

1 Like

“Trying to play Mage without a firm grasp of quantum field theory is akin to playing basketball without having learned to dribble.”

-Neil DeGrasse Tyson

3 Likes

…Remove interrupts?

Like entirely?

No kick, no counter shot, no CS…

Are you kidding?

Seems kind of weird that melee have near 100% uptime and casters are the only class susceptible to interrupts/psuedo interrupts and hard CC. If interrupts were to be toned down then casters could have spammable CC toned down as well to compensate. Compare casted spell dmg to melee dmg, both ability and auto attack.

This would make for more action and wouldn’t lead to what we have now which is double melee Supreme because casters don’t get to cast outside of instas.

2 Likes

mages are always good because it is a hard class to understand and master and has an extremely high skill floor and even higher skill ceiling u are just a hater and want wow to become easier and more homogenized

2 Likes

it had its counters in cata/wrath/bc.

1 Like

Just one of those things you gotta get used to.

Mages have blink and Nova and blazing speed.

True most mage palyers today don’t even know what being trained feels like compared to season 6 beastcleave in Wrath. Down goes Venruki!!!

1 Like

I was with you 100% until you mentioned the interrupt removal and additional dispels.

That would prevent nearly everyone from playing due to quite a few classes having at least partial reliance on a dispellable buff.

If the CD on interrupts was increased (in pvp) I think I could get behind that. The klepto change is positive but I honestly think spellsteal is a toxic mechanic in pvp to begin with but I know that one is subjective.

I think I like the concept of what you’re going for but yeah those are my thoughts. Cheers.

Funny thing is all those abilities you listed are found on many other classes in one form or another, especially on hybrids like druids and monks.

And every single one of those mage abilities can be dispelled.

1 Like

What is ur point. You say its funny other classes have similar abilities? Not sure what you are trying to say.

Maily talking about 50 death grips or goul leap (double kick on one player). I think having kick on all the melee is fine but Id prefer that some of the ranged kicks weren’t ranged and they had a longder CD.

I think 2 dispels is fine since priests can already spec that and it doesn’t seem to me to hurt the game that badly, also it alows u dispel root DR and Sheep so u cant just nova people into a full sheep.

The interrupts to spammable CC is not equal as is, therefor one does not need to be toned down in order for the other to be. (I’m not advocating for anything here, just pointing it out)

15 years of them being on top ( some years not so much but basically the top ).

I just dont get it, why not like balance the game so every class is as powerful as the other?

Why just let a few classes be meta for 15 years and straight up continuiously leave others in the dust?!

This is why i loved their previous PVPDEVS… we would get balance updates every few weeks not every 6 months…

Its even funnier too…WOW is in a so called " managed decline " yet they broke sales records this expansion? Somthing dont make no sense at blizzard… someone is stearing the ship in the completely wrong direction…COUGH COUGH COUGH.

Stop the mage hate.

50 times poly??? Poly has DR, casting it 3 times in a row and that’s it. Do you want to make it like Hex?. Shamans, Druids and Priests counter mages. Stop crying and asking for mage nerfs.

It’s like arena is the only place where pvp matters. Mages cannot do/win 1v X as other classes can. And can be beaten by most classes in 1v1 scenarios.

We’ve got dampening magic removed, klepto is only for arcane now. And you people want more nerfs lol omg. Just stop.

1 Like

Every class and/or spec has something that can be complained about. I totally agree that there’s a big lack of PVP balancing which needs to happen on a frequent basis. I guess the lack of big changes is because the AWC season has been on-going for several months?

-Fear and cyclone can be spammed as poly can.
-Druids Mass Entanglement roots = Frost nova.