Why keep complaining about PVP?

I don’t know if he specifically would be, but I do agree that solo queue would be a catastrophic failure for most people that would lead to endless ‘omg Blizzard why do I keep getting bad players, comps, etc.’ posts. But it is what it is, I wouldn’t mind it existing for the sole purpose of giving non-meta players a place they can play.

2 Likes

It probably has something to do with the fact that the “PvP vendors” we got do not resemble the PvP vendors that people thought were so good back in older expansions. You know, and all the people subscribed or renewed because they thought they were getting something that was very different from what they ended up getting. And they feel scammed, except maybe for the 1%, who milked it for all they could get out of it.

And people who don’t want to use solo queue could continue as always to form their own groups and compete in a division of player-formed groups. Or they could just choose to complain that there was too much participation by the wrong people who shouldn’t be permitted to play the game.

Why would you omit my following sentence stating I support solo queue then respond to me as if I hadn’t said it? Lol

I’m not quite following how solo queue is going to fix anything tbh

2 Likes

they need to be released from the company as a whole just like any other incompetent employee at any other company… ever.

1 Like

I already push through yolos just fine

Solo Q is not needed. Stop being antisocial and communicate with people. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m sure this wasn’t intended to turn into a solo queue topic, but I’m with you on this one.

Solo Q in my mind will just cause more frustration. Think about any BG we’ve been in as Alliance. Sometimes we lose due to gear, but most of the time we lose because people are freaking morons. WSG ok we need tank and healer to go for FC and everyone fight mid, rogue on EFC. Everyone goes to other teams flag room. AB ok rogue mine, hunter st everyone else LM. Rogue goes BS, hunter is at LM and healers are trying to take mines.

So those are Random BGs but who’s to say this isn’t going to happen in RBG Solo Q. Is there like an IQ test you have to take before you solo Q?

So all that said, I’m ok with a solo Q if it makes the masses happy, but not at the cost of a separate ladder. I don’t think you can divide the population into yet another ladder, so Solo Q has to Q into the same ladder as premades.

1 Like

i think thats exactly what it will do, it will partition the player base further. also random bgs are already toxic holes so i can only imagine what a rated version of randoms would bring. i just dont see any real benefit in it.

the focus should be on fixing the pvp system overall and not just covering it with bandaids

2 Likes

The only merit I see to it is people who are adamant about playing specs that are universally considered bad can queue and show the world they’re wrong, or not. I don’t see it as a solution, as much as an inclusion tool for people who refuse to meld, or at least use LFG to their advantage.

1 Like

I can see the toxicity levels raise when their team mates see them being forced to be paired with them. I really feel the idea of (Solo Q Rated Random Battlegrounds) would be super toxic.

4 Likes

100% agree. I have no problem w/ people being stuborn on specs, and this is where blizz needs start balancing lower used specs more (not FOTM’ing them). At the same time I will say this time and time again, but the issue is us. We suck.

So a guy plays arcane mage and wants in a group, but he can’t get in b/c he’s not fire. So than he starts a group. But guess what now he will only take META specs. The unicorn is the people that are willing to take off meta specs and find a way to make them useful.

K so now we look at tanks. There’s what 5 tank specs, and really only 2 (primarily) can participate in RBGs. Blizz really isn’t even trying to make all 5 specs work. If they won’t balance something as simple as 5 specs for the same role, what’s the odds they will do it for 15ish melee and casting classes?

1 Like

WoW pvp as a popular (read: watched) e-sport is long past its time in the sun. It was popular back when the only games in esports was CSGO, LoL, DOTA, StarCraft, WoW, and Hearhstone there for a brief moment.

Look at how many games are popularized now as an esport?

But even more importantly, I’m fairly confident that WoW is the only “esport” right now that does NOT allow you to pick up the game and jump right into the action, both pve and pvp. Every other game that has a competitive scene allows you to jump right in and go. Hell even Magic Arena or Hearthstone that requires card collections at least gives you enough when you start to play right away.

Taking all of that into consideration, WoW’s viability as an esport is sunsetting not rising.

2 Likes

Oh, I 100% agree, it’ll be a total dumpster fire. Lol

2 Likes

its not fun to watch as a player let alone as a non-player, its just not. maybe some e-sports are fun to watch but i havent found one yet. too many variables to attempt to explain to someone spectating.

Yeah, My sub expires on the 7th of May. The end of an Era!

Solo queue is just another feature that the upper echelon will enjoy while the majority suffer all the problems associated with it.

It’s just a bandaid for a bigger problem. The people thinking it will fix their gearing problems are just not seeing the big picture.

The only thing that would be fun about it is basically having a premium random queue.

2 Likes

My biggest issue is balance… Someone said the game will never be perfectly balanced and I agree. I am not talking about perfection. I am talking about blatant broken issues. These issues are the worst in the 16 years I have been playing.

1: If you are looking in PVP to just dominate why would anyone play anything other than a druid? Best tank, Highest deeps output, Best self healing, top healing spec, every spec has almost all the tools.

2: Burst classes like pallys and Rogues are just insanely out of balance.

3: I have an IL213 Blood DK. My same level ele shaman is 10x the tank and my IL 200 Shadow priest is 2x better.

4: Tanks out healing healers, Healers out dpsing Dps, Dps out tanking tanks, etc… Its all backwards.

4 Likes

this design philosophy is wrong but they decided its ok since theyve wandered so far from the original developers design that its nearly unrecognizable from what it should be.

truly sickening.

3 Likes

No. :red_circle:

2 Likes