Why itsn't droping darkmoon artifact this character?

hi, i have darkmoon adventure guide both character horde and aliance, i did 30 dungeon (atal dazar and freehold) and drop 0 darkmoon artifact this horde character. my another character aliance did 2 dungeon and droped 1 darkmoon artifact. why itsn’t droping darkmoon artifact this character?

Do you have this item in your bags at all times?

What level is the character running these dungeons? These items seem to only drop in “level-appropriate” dungeons, meaning if you are running low-level dungeons on a 60, you won’t get any.

In the end, these are still random drops when you have the book in your bag. They are not guaranteed drops, nor are they supposed to be common. They are Rare quality, and the Wowhead drop rates (not official) are in line with other Rare quality items

1 Like

yes, i always have darkmoon adventure guide in my bag.

this is my character doing 30 times dungeon (atal dazar and freehold)= level 20 orc restoration shaman

How are you doing these runs? Are you in Chromie Time doing them with a level-appropriate group? Are you in “regular” mode and getting a level 60 to rush you through?

My question is, do you have the quest to get the items to drop? Only a character that is on the quest can get the drops.

There isn’t a quest for this, unless something (very) recently changed. You pick up the book, and with it in your bags, there are 9 items that can drop (3 from BG’s, 4 from normal dungeons, 1 from heroic, 1 from raid). Those items start a quest to take you to the DMF to turn them in.

3 Likes

Ahh, I was thinking the one where you kill the level appropriate mobs for their ears to turn in at DMF.

1 Like

i am doing dungeon with dungeon finder.

doesn’t exist quest for darkmoon artifact.

for get darkmoon artifact, you need to have darkmoon adventure guide, there’s 9 darkmoon artifact (3 battleground, 5 dungeons, 1 raid).

the 5 darkmoon artifact (dungeon) doesn’t drop in this character. idk why.

1 Like

You’ve done 30 dungeon runs since level 10, and you’re only at level 20? Is your XP off? I don’t know why it would, but if so, maybe that is affecting it.

But again, in the end, random drops are random. If you think it’s a bug, it might be worth adding it to the Bug Report Forum.

Just on the offchance - have you tried doing a proper reset UI?

May not be involved here - but it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve seen a corrupted UI mess - not so much with drops, but being able to SEE the drops.

Really couldn’t hurt.

Resetting the WoW User Interface - Blizzard Support (battle.net)

1 Like

nope, level 20 shaman did 30 dungeon.

i saw lots of people reporting bug in customer support. i did the same lol.

i don’t have any user interface (addons).

People can create a thread in here, but if it’s a bug, then the answer is always the same: It needs to be posted in the Bug Report Forum.

A Full UI Reset is not just about addons. The default UI can become corrupted too.

Follow the simple steps in the link Orylia provided. It might not solve the issue, but it’s a necessary first step.

4 Likes

Indeed - it may not address this, though it is usually a good first step. Good to rule that out even if it doesn’t seem to help. Been awhile, but I have seen quest items have issues with corrupted UIs over the years. Can’t hurt.

3 Likes

i posted this bug in bug report (forum).

i reseted user interface with cacheold, interfaceold, wtfold.

i will now try if it drops darkmoon artifact

You could also try destroying it - and getting another when the faire rolls round again.

i reseted user interface and i recent did 3 dungeon and drop 0 darkmoon artifact.

1 Like

I mean, it could just be bad RNG. When I get artifacts, they’re usually spaced far enough apart that I’m surprised when it happens and remember a beat or two later “Oh yeah, that’s a thing”. Granted, I’m not spamming 30 dungeons in a row typically, but I definitely don’t get them frequently.

1 Like

yes, i did a lot of dungeon (30 times) and it drop 0 darkmoon artifact.

Yes, at this point and with all the given information, I’d assume this is a bug and post over in Bug Report. I mean, it can’t hurt. Even if it’s not a bug and somehow intended, it’s no skin off anyone’s back for you to go ahead and post it.

What I would do is try some different dungeons … see if the artifacts will drop anywhere else for you.

Good luck!

yes, i posted this bug in submit a bug.

i did 2 another dungeon yesterday (ragefire chasm) and drop 0 darkmoon artifact.

i did 4 more dungeon today morning (atal dazar and freehold) and drop 0 darkmoon artifact.