Why isn't there more conflict on the Alliance?

Because overall they arent mentally inept enough to fight themselves. We leave that to the Horde.,

Please try to contribute constructively, Jman, and not just insult the other faction. You don’t need to view this story through a partisan lens, just because the other side got something bad doesn’t mean it’s good for you, and vice versa.

19 Likes

Alliance races just give up their sovereignty and do whatever their human masters tell them.

Which speaking of, is why the Alliance is so bland now. Why should the Dwarves care about the Horde at this point? They haven’t been a threat since Doomhammer and even then they were able to hold their own. Why are they wasting their lives and resources fighting a war that doesn’t matter to them.

9 Likes

Sorry Ill try to be a bit less blunt and objective with a faction.

Also making a lot of assumptions with that last bit :see_no_evil:

1 Like

The assumptions were made based on people who tend to post insults towards the opposite faction here. I apologize for assuming and being inaccurate.

I didn’t intend to across as overzealous or anything, there are just sometimes problems here with the discussion being sidetracked by partisan bickering, and I wanted to avoid that if possible. I meant no offense, and I apologize if I was off base.

Hoo boy. Suddenly my mind is flooded with memories of so many past conversations I’ve held here.

“Baine would be selfish to seek peace now! The Warchief™ has spoken and war is what he gets!”
“The Nightborne can’t just leave the Horde now. They’d be without allies and would surely be met with reprisal!”
“If you disagree with the Warchief you’re a traitor! Death to Saurfang!”

12 Likes

Were just busting balls its cool lol

1 Like

Yeah, key part being you actually have those conversations about the Horde and never about the Alliance.

7 Likes

Too true. I’ve never heard someone call the Alliance boring for being homogenized and inactive before.

Maybe one day we’ll be calling the Horde boring and homogenized while the Alliance is on their second civil war in 5 years.

9 Likes

There’s still time! The Kaldorei civil war was only, what, 4 years ago? We can make the timer!

If you want to count the Dwarves we’re already up to 2 civil wars. Not that they actually changed much of anything.

I think the problem with the Alliance races and their civil wars is they focus too much on the “civil” and not enough on the “war”. That’s why they don’t get to lead whole expansions dedicated to how evil they are.

Y’all gots ta get a whole lot dirtier if you want forums to only talk about how terrible y’all are. Bad publicity is still publicity, and any publicity is good publicity.

5 Likes

Tyrande’s statements can be taken to indicate that she might(infact she might sooner than that considering Blizzard mentions the notion of the Alliance reacting to Saurfang’s escape). Alleria has such complete hatred of Undead that she might.

Shaw, Genn and Jaina seem to have turned to reason(Shaw specifically mentions Sylvanas as being the problem and suggests that she is going to turn Rastakhan’s death and the loss of half of the Zandalari Fleet to her advantage).

Turalyon doesn’t seem fully reasonable due to his reaction to Liadrin being on the Horde though… He might join Tyrande’s side though not Alleria’s Anti-Undead side.

So for the Alliance it seems we will divide into Anduin’s side(which has Jaina, Genn, Umbric, Shaw, Halford, Velen), Tyrande’s side(which will have Tyrande, Maiev, Shandris and Turalyon) and Alleria’s side(which probably will include Vereessa).

The Alliance could easily divide into 3 Factions! Same goes for the Horde(don’t forget how Baine goes to Vol’jin concerning Sylvanas and how we have a 3rd option concerning the Saurfang/Sylvanas conflict).

Because its true?

I’m sorry, but the Alliance in WoW has never been all that interesting seeing as they only exist to react and wag their fingers at the Horde. The alliance is a one-trick pony that’s more concerned with having its previous moral high ground than actually doing anything.

10 Likes

Except that the point was about Blizzard trying to convince us we were evil. If that were the true, they would be lying to us the other way.

Though, even if what you were saying is true, then every player who doesn’t want play evil Horde should unsubscribed or switch factions. Now I’m seeing real evidence of missing players, but most (such as me) this is passing lunacy on Blizzards part. If not, numbers will really drop. Don’t know that would do to the game, but nothing good.

Except, before BfA, there was no shortage of Alliance war crimes either.

Because the Horde and Alliance playerbases are different. Does the Alliance playerbase even want something like Velves vs Lightforged? (Which should be a thing going by lore).

The Horde civil war in game is matched by the already existing one in the playerbase.

1 Like

We don’t need a civil war to show that cultures are different and have their limits.

1 Like

Do you trust Blizzard to write the latter without the former?

Pick your poison, you’re either Blizzard’s version of Marvel with civil wars, or their version of DC with the super friends.

3 Likes