Why is WoD the worst xpac?

Aside from raiding, there wasn’t much to do at max level. The garrison system wasn’t received well either.

That being said, I still liked WoD more than BfA. First, I raid, so I actually did have things to do - it also helps that the raids were pretty well designed. Also, at least in WoD, mostly everything that was there worked. BfA, on the other hand, has very much earned the nickname “Beta for Azeroth” due to how much stuff was either untested, unbalanced, or simply broken. Also, the main features of BfA (islands, warfronts, faction war story) were pretty all around awful.

WoD suffered from a lack of content, but the limited things it did have were at least enjoyable. BfA has plenty of stuff to do, but everything feels like a chore aimed at wasting your time and gold in an effort to drive up player metrics.

16 Likes

WoD was not a bad expansion. The problem was once you finished the quests that was literally it. I Am Error. Conglaturation! You bet the game. You now prosess Dracula’s Rib. A Winner is you. And so on. That made people burn out very, very fast.

4 Likes

Go to dungeon journal and look under raids for WoD…

6 Likes

People also hated Ashran with a passion.
Was dubbed “Trashran” and still holds strong today.

Edit: The apexis crystals grind was the worst thing Blizzard ever added in the game.

12 Likes

WoD was the worst expansion because the market chose to not reward a bad product.

You had one daily… that’s all you had if you didnt raid.

The same person behind trashcan is sadly doing classes now

4 Likes

The WoW community berated and constantly trashed Holinka over Ashran. Then he left in Legion, people were super happy.
Now he’s back in Shadowlands and people are super happy.
Just show’s how the WoW community truly is.

I’m already not liking his Mage changes in SL…
But we’ll see. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Nice assumption that I didn’t play WoD solely based off my achievements. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ill leave it up to your imagination which was the worst xpac. Heres a hint, its acronym starts with a B and ends with an A.

5 Likes

Man, the leveling experience made the expansion look SO promising! I remember being genuinely hyped for the expansion because the leveling was so good and immersive. Unfortunately, it didn’t at all have the quality endgame that we had grown to expect from MoP.

2 Likes

Cordana felsong’s dead romance with dad far, Yrel’s lack of a character arc, GARROSH’S DEATH the treatment of the iron horde as a joke when in fact they were technologically advanced society specializing in demon killing GROMMASHES IRON HORDE WOULD NEVER HAVE JOINED THE LEGION would’ve been better if gul’dan summoned archimonde who enslaved a chunk of the iron horse and we gave Garrosh a redemption arc where he got a dad

5 Likes

I will say that the one thing WoD did well was PvP gearing. Especially at the end when you could earn all conquest from previous weeks you missed.

They just needed to remove the Ashran loot bait and raise the ilvl floor in instanced pvp, and everything would have been perfect.

You could actually get BIS gear for PvP from PvP. Imagine that! Didn’t even need to do rated content to get it either.

4 Likes

I’d take WoD over this trash BFA

16 Likes

What kind of sorcery is this? The PvE’ers will not allow it.

5 Likes

WoD wasn’t bad. There was a lack of quantity, not quality. Most of what was there worked really well. There just wasn’t much there.

Garrisons, despite breaking the game in ways we’re still dealing with today (freaking mission tables…), were exceptionally well designed and very good at what they did. The zones are great, and Tanaan is probably the second best endgame zone after Timeless Isle. Leveling was good, etc. The whole thing just worked (except Ashran, where the less said about it the better.) WoD’s only real down side -outside of lingering garrison issues- is that there should have just plain been more content.

Edit: Why did this show as a reply to a post in the middle of the thread rather than a new post? Weird.

4 Likes

I liked WoD much more than BFA. And I always had stuff to do. I could also play alts.

9 Likes

The good:

BRD is one of the best raids in the game.
Class design was far better than what we have now. Arguably, it was an extension of MOP class design.

The bad:

When people say lack of content: for almost a year, you had 1 daily per day. It rewarded 800 or 1000 alexis crystals. You would use them for pets, toys , and heroic dungeon level gear.

The dungeons weren’t the worst but they were stale after the first 2 months.

I’d garner a guess that most of us built up a severe altoholism during WoD. Capped? Start your ring. Done with ring? Raid! No guild? Pvp. No Pvp? Go level another alt then.

M+ warts and all is a masterful solution.

4 Likes

WoD lacked content and what content was added was mostly raid centric. Even those was sort of mediocre. The only semi redeeming factor to WoD was the gameplay while leveling was actually pretty immersive. However it was still a bad expansion due to the lack of content… They even dedicated an entire Content patch to a freaking selfie camera… forever known as the Selfie patch.

Pvp in bfa makes wod seem like a masterpiece.

9 Likes

WoD > Legion > BFA

IMO

5 Likes