Why is this allowed?

I do not understand why the Island expeditions are allowed to kick a player. This is ripe for abuse as happened already. If you are invested in the run, why are others allowed to kick one player? And if you are okay with this then why create a cooldown for the kicked player? Clearly the Island runs are fast easy ways to gather azerite power for your Heart. But why allow someone to invest in a run only to lose everything and be punished with a cooldown?? I understand in dungeons that everyone must pull their weight, but an Island expedition has no requirements for roles and if you can handle yourself and you contribute, why are you punished by trolls and idiots? BLIZZARD!!! Either remove the ability to kick, or remove the punishment for being wrongly kicked! TY!

4 Likes

People shouldn’t have to play with people they don’t want to. The punishment is there because in previous incarnations, it was abused. It’s why we cannot have nice things.

11 Likes

I get that with Dungeons. I don’t get it with expeditions. There are only 3 people. If one clicks and the other just clicks for fun, then one person wasted their time. If the one who was kicked was the highest in DPS and was responsible for most of the progress, it seems that if you are going to allow them to be kicked for arbitrary reasons, you should not then punish them for not doing anything wrong by making them wait for a cooldown. Just seems counterproductive and wrong.

3 Likes

Well, if you think the system should be changed, use the ingame suggestion tool or post on the dungeons forums. The devs don’t frequent the support forums for player feedback or suggestions.

4 Likes

One other major thing you have to keep in mind-- your reason for being in there isn’t always going to be the same as everyone else’s. Some people like to go in and farm for the mounts and pets, not just rush from 0 to 100 for the end reward and other goodies.

Alternatively, as Thunder mentioned, people sometimes just don’t want to run them with people outside their party.

2 Likes

If you don’t want to run them with someone outside your party, why would you pug? I get that there may be different reasons for running them, however, you cannot take your time in them because the “other” faction NPC’s can beat you. Also, it isn’t like there is anything you can particularly do wrong in them. If you are item level 390 and running a heroic, you are an asset, not a detriment, so I still do not understand. However, to your point, even if I give you all that you posit above, that still doesn’t justify the cooldown. And my initial post was simply this, if you are going to allow a single person to be kicked from a 3 man run, then remove the cooldown to allow the kicked party to reque immediately and recover the time lost. That seems more than fair to me.

6 Likes

But then the system goes back to how it was before, with people holding groups hostage in dungeons (et al) if they got matched into one they didn’t want to do, and would literally just sit there and stall said activity until they were kicked.

How do you recommend that be taken care of? Without building a completely separate code for Expeditions, because that just isn’t feasible with resources.

The vote kick situation has gone through many different iterations, including no debuff, debuff only for leaving, debuff for being kicked, etc. Players will always find a way into some cracks and abuse it. It’s far from perfect, I think we can all agree. But it’s the fairest iteration of the system to-date, because no one’s been able to come up with better ideas.

4 Likes

Are you saying that Blizz cannot do simply programming to differentiate between a raid, a dungeon and an expedition? I am confused by your answer. I am not advocating for an entire system overhaul and if Blizz can create a system with code instructions that say “if the toon has completed the first boss in an instance and then gets kicked, no cooldown, but if the toon is kicked prior to the first boss in any instance then a 30 minute cooldown”, but they cannot eliminate the cooldown specifically for the Island expeditions? After 20 plus years in IT I would have to disagree with that. No one is advocating for holding anyone hostage, but there is a difference between a group of five that requires 4 others to decide to boot and a group of 3 that only requires the other two. It lends itself to a more arbitrary system rather than a specific justifiable reason to remove someone from a group.

2 Likes

Again…

If you have any ideas that you think that might help, post on the Dungeons forums so a Dev will see it.

3 Likes

Ultimately, this. The current vote kick system is the second or third iteration of the original system. Changes were made to the original system based on player behavior and feedback. So, if you have additional suggestions for the system I would definitely recommend posting them over in the Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios category.

2 Likes

I queued for an island expedition with a friend. We got grouped up with a third member and the expedition started as it normally does - except for the third person never left the boat.

Are you saying we shouldn’t have been able to kick them out? We absolutely did. For trying to leech free rewards, they very well deserved every second of the debuff they received. Them freeloading makes it that much more difficult for those of us actually playing. It also means they deserve not a single iota of any rewards that they would’ve received if we didn’t, or weren’t able to, kick them from the group.

We would never kick someone towards the end of the expedition just for funs and giggles. I agree with your sentiment, that’s incredibly rude of them. However, the ability to remove someone from even an island expedition is a necessary evil, much the same as it is in dungeons and raids for all the same reasons. The current incarnation is the lesser of the evils that we’ve encountered along the way. If you have an idea for an even better way that properly penalizes those that deserve it and doesn’t penalize those that aren’t deserving of it, feel free to lay out the system for us in the Dungeons forum.

10 Likes

I was doing an IE the other day, and got a guy who said he was having connection issues. Ok, it happens. He’d show up to where we were fighting, just as the fight was ending, open a chest or mine a node, and then sit until we were in another location, and repeat.

Once the match was over, I requeued (sp?). Ended up with the same guy again. (name was pretty distinctive, easy to remember) He did the whole ‘bad connection’ thing again…if you have a bad connection, don’t join in a group setting until you have the connection issue solved was my response. The other guy said he had the same story from the same guy earlier, so we dropped him. Bad connections happen, but going into something over and over knowing you cannot assist the group is not cool.

It was unfair to me and the other guy in the group to deal with the guy who was either playing with a bad connection in a group setting (or be a lazy jerk along for the ride). I’m ok with the drop kick ability here (and I have been booted once from an IE, but it was like my 2nd one, still learning what to do, and I was not fulfilling my part; so not salty over it).

8 Likes

Just to clarify, this isn’t really a thing anymore. Any mobs on the island can have their potential loot as rewards, regardless of what you killed. So you can’t really target only X mobs in hopes of getting Y. :stuck_out_tongue:

On topic though, I agree with what others have said. People are people, thus the reason we can’t have nice things. I try not to kick people from islands. However, if someone is AFK, griefing the group by pulling more than they can handle(and thus getting them killed over and over), disconnecting and staying offline for more than a few minutes, etc… They deserve to be kicked.

That being said, if you are the type that goes off alone, regardless of how much you are contributing or think you are contributing, that’s also a risk as a lot of people like staying together to make the run smoother overall. If two people are fighting mobs and mining and grabbing chests, while you are on the other side of the map. They don’t know what you are doing, but what they do know is that you aren’t helping them. A lot of people kick for that, team game and all, you know?

TLDR: Being able to kick is needed. I’m sure Blizzard wishes we as a community were better so it wasn’t needed but unfortunately that’s not the case. Despite some people being wrongly kicked, it’s still infinitely better than not being able to kick those who truly deserve it.

1 Like

Pretty much. There isn’t a better system than majority rule at the minute. I’ve had just as many dead weight mostly afk players as rush hero MLG types.

1 Like

the reson why we can kick is bot-afk player-and a single player canot kick u so the second one need to kick u to if 2 player on a 3 player team kick u its cuz u done something wrong get gud or get kick trying

1 Like

I agree 100%. There shouldn’t even be a punishment system in island expeditions period. kick player option either. I could see a AFK auto kick system being the smart choice.
This should be changed asap.

1 Like

:wink:

1 Like

so you think you’re kicked for no reason? they’re just being trolls? or were you not doing the objective and just doing your own thing. it may be easy but there are still things to do which go easier when the whole group is helping. don’t want to be a team player, get kicked from the team

Why?

So we wouldn’t be able to kick the person going offline every 10 seconds? Can’t kick the guy literally just following not doing anything? Can’t kick the guy pulling the whole map into your aoe thus killing you repeatedly?

Being AFK is only one reason why someone should be kicked. Thus, your suggestion isn’t feasible. Can you imagine how many more trolls and jerks you’d put up with in islands if they KNEW you couldn’t do anything to remove them?

lol. That’s a scary thought.

3 Likes

Time to lock this up this post isnt going anywhere productive anymore.

3 Likes