Why is There So Much Negativity?

You’re saying layering will be turned off, and he’s saying private servers won’t be shutdown.

1 Like

That’s potentially a pretty big one

Not much to do but make troll posts and spread negativity while waiting 3 months on release I suppose. People are restless.

People whining about not getting into beta, layering, CR BGs, streamers, 1.12 AV, and other various nonsense should just get over it but they won’t.

Lumping people that agree with you as older, and other groups as younger, is not fair. Associating folks with whom you disagree with traits you see as negative is an unfair tactic.

That aside, I don’t see a lot of major issues that are not being addressed. If there are, by all means, bring them forward in a civil manner. You seem like the kind of person who would be constructive in your feedback, which is good.

The problem I have is with the unbased, unsupported bashing going on lately. “Blizzard let streamers in, they are literally Hitler.” It is ridiculous.

The wait has been anxiously long and the moment is getting closer and closer. People are getting emotional and that energy is flowing without direction. Then there is trolls.

They have been transparent with their reasoning for layering, and with their development. Is it ideal? No. But it will be phased out, and will help with launch numbers.

It is better than phasing, and it is not permanent. We need some sort of solution for server launch overcrowding, and this is a good one.

1 Like

Well, theres a lot of ways to look at it. Part of the rub is you have players who were supportive and fought for classic possibly feeling shut out vs. “public figures” who didnt care or even bashed the idea, but now theyre using it to the full extent of their ability. That can feel frustrating for sure.

Then you get to the idea that they have this criteria when it comes to selecting candidates for beta, but apparently that doesnt apply if you have a webcam and some popularity. Definitely can make some players feel like second class citizens.

My SO watches WoW streams a lot, and even they are frustrated. Im really sad I didnt get to be there for the raid boss spawns. It was an iconic and rare experience from the old days that I never got and theres no telling if it will ever happen again.

Just my personal thoughts.

Not necessarily negative. It was 15 years ago. The demographic has changed. Now, I will not speak for early level dungeons as seen on stream, but those of us who raided MC early had a vastly different experience for those who started/figured it out later.

Another example being Barrens chat and Chuck Norris jokes. In Vanilla, It wasn’t funny and was dismissed as nonsense. But that will not be the experience for Classic with the new demographic. It’s not better or worse. Just different.

Obviously, it is a generalization, but if you look at the streamers, they’re barely 30 if that. You have legions of their fans who are most likely younger than they are (50 year old streamer fan lol). Us old folk had our time. It’s come and gone.

But Vanilla as it was, is never coming back.

Reznik the Shaman loves wall jumping!

The entitled didnt get an invite and streamers did. Thats why so much crying.

I wanted vanilla, not classic.

1 Like

You sure you wanted Vanilla? Or did you want insert whatever PServer you played recently?

I have never played a Pserver, get real void elf.

Why,

Not being upfront about closed beta players having priority access to the stress test. Rebranded Sharding as Layers and then said “take our word for it, it will only be temporary.”

Growing sense of long live the new WoW, same as the Old WoW.

Warts and all.

it just shows you how bad people want classic wow.once the beta is over and classic will be out a month or so later the negativity will go away.

the reason there is so much negativity is cause they tell us this summer then give a release date at the very end of summer then they turn around and let all the streamers play which of course the fans are gonna watch but at the same time have a gut feeling of the game being rubbed in our faces as we have to wait 3 months.
ooooh and layering. that stuffs trash

Because of things like this synthose. People like this being given priority. I personally don’t care if they stream the beta, don’t want to play it, but some do. The main concern I have is guys like this coming into a server and just wrecking it for thousands of others players who have no clue hes going to be there. BTW he stated hes not posting his server until he creates character so we cant avoid him.

The streamer basically confirms every possible negative impact the streamers bring to a server.

7:30 Streamer saying he does indeed abuse the report system.

12:30 same video, Asmongold actually whining that people are giving him money because it distracts his gameplay, so he cant relax…Literally streaming for donations then insulting the people who pay him.

The reason there’s so much negativity is because the WoW forums are largely populated by people who will never be happy with literally anything Blizzard does, and will always find some excuse to try and justify their rants.

Other times, it’s just a case of unhealthy levels of paranoia.

no. a wart would be the old loot bug. where you would get stuck in the looting position and could run around the map like that.
an exploit is something abused for the purpose of getting an advantage over everyone else.
their modern software prevents the latter. as it should.