Why is there a limit to how many comments I can like?

Imagine a company so insecure and controlling of their players that they even limit how many times you can agree with someone!

4 Likes

Probably a bot protection thing.

2 Likes

I’d agree with you but i’m not willing to part with a like. Sorry!

4 Likes

Nice reach man!!! Go for it!!!

3 Likes

I’d like your comment Hagmar, but I’ve used up my likes for today.

2 Likes

So you don’t have 8 bots liking every post someone makes, creeping them out…

15 Likes

You can literally do that, but with alts. Watch this!

1 Like

But only so many times…

OK, I’m out of alts now

1 Like

How many alts do you have? And do you multi-box?

Because if you do there are a lot of people who want to “REEEEEEEEE” at you!

Discourse, you mean? (Blizzard didn’t create the forum software, and only did some minor adjustment of the forum Trust roles and restrictions.)

EDIT: Discourse is also why we lost forum ignores.

It just seems like a weird thing to run into. I’ve never seen anyone use it before. I can see a use for limiting how many threads you can create, or maybe even how many times you can comment within a certain amount of time, but a simple like doesn’t increase spam and you can’t bloat a single comment to disproportionate amounts.

You know what! I think I know where i have seen this confusing and unnatural feeling before. It was on the stress test when the mob i was running to kill phased out!

The forums use trust levels. You can Google how it works. You are mostikely level 0 and are restricted. All you need to do is continue coming here and it will go up and you will be able to like comments and posts all you want

Oh so it’s like not letting a level 1 talk in general chat because there’s a good chance they will be a gold seller. That makes sense.

1 Like

Pretty much. The system tracks how often you view posts and how long you spend reading comments etc.

It’s also a nice little incentive system to be able to post gifs/embed videos into posts and comments if you are active on the forums. Some other benefits regarding the wiki(?) maybe someone else can expand on that because I’m unfamiliar

1 Like

Counting the accounts when I raf’d myself… 60ish?

Only to carry my Herald through her runs for gear and baby alts through dungeons when the queue is forever and a half.

Tied with trust levels for worst aspect of new forums, IMO.

Still a limit, but we can post other stuff!

1 Like