Why is the Timeless Isle the golden standard?

People who don’t liked Timeless island don’t know what a real MMO is.

That island had all things that a good mmo should have. Many activites to do, many world bosses, players interacting, helping each other or killing each other, world pvp was fun, hidden rares, chests and puzzles to solve, and many cool rewards and gear.

I think offline RPGs like Witcher and Zelda are the best option for you and those few others who don’t like timeless island.

4 Likes

Everyone was there because the rest of the endgame content was done or boring so socially, Timeless Isle was fantastic. There were always groups doing everything, and multi-tagging mobs was a thing by then so solo farming rares and other group content was feasible, and easy to do.

It was also the first time there was end game solo content that was not dailies. The first half of MoP really burned people out on dailies in a big way, so having new content that was more sandbox-style open world adventure was a breath of fresh air.

2 Likes

That bigger bag achievement, though. I mean yeah it took absolute ages to do, and it was nice to get it done, but having to loot the items was the worst part of that by far. No “hay guys, I got the crab pet, let’s trade that sucker!”

Pretty much this

I absolutely LOVED Timeless Isle…so I may be biased.

I thought it was alright at the time. Things I remember off the top of my head, was the Weekly quest from that Bronze Dragonflight NPC, where you had you go into the Siege of Orgrimmar to watch past, present, future and what-if scenarios. That was interesting…The Ghost Pirate Ship, was a cool rare encounter. Lots of gear to obtain for alts. I know there was a few other things…Can’t think of them at the moment. Sorry.

Wasn’t a fan of the reputation grind for Emperor Shaohao. That was a bit much. Small rep gains…That didn’t stop me from getting Exalted, however :upside_down_face: I was not going to be denied that shiny gold serpent.

Yikes, if you think group finder overloaded lag fest, and even worse, TBC wpvp was better there’s no point in continuing to converse with you.

Looks like many others have continued to tell you the same thing, the mmo part of Timeless Isle was great.

You’re entitled to your own opinion, but it seems like you weren’t actually asking a question and wanting to read other opinions, seems like you’re just trying to interject your own unpopular opinion … which as you can see, is unpopular.

I might be one of the only people who hated timeless isle

1 Like

Epic sound track and shrouded in the mists of time. We’ll never see its like again. Not in this game, in any case.

Dude… Timeless Isle REEKs of Single Player rpg design. That’s actually what my problem is.

I hated it too.

1 Like