Why is the Shadowlands Campaign skip removed?

I’ve done it before. I leveled this new char via dungeon mostly.

Today I wanted to relax and do some mount and transmog farms in Zereth Mortis that I’ve missed out on. Apparently there’s NO SKIP anymore for the entire massive Shadowlands campaign!

Why the hell?

You’re telling me I have to spend 2 hours of my life redoing the god damn SL sh**tshow campaing just to farm some mogs?

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

11 Likes

i thought someone said once you hit 60 you get the option to use the threads of fate skip thing

5 Likes

Threads of fate was taken out with the launch of DF.

11 Likes

yes it was taken out for leveling purposes. i’m saying i heard from others that when you hit 60 in SL you are given a choice to either go through the campaign first or use threads of fate, which allows you to skip the campaign like normal. in case people want to go back on a dracthyr or whatever and still do the campaign

That was a lie. The only way was if you had a toon currently in Threads of Fate when the expansion hit. There is no way to skip the campaign now.

3 Likes

Players who have reached level 60 and have completed the Shadowlands level up campaign on a different character will be able to choose the “Threads of Fate” option, allowing them to skip the level up campaign to begin the endgame of Shadowlands.

4 Likes

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/277497#:~:text=The%20Threads%20of%20Fate%20Campaign,be%20able%20to%20finish%20it.

That was updated 1 week ago.

It is gone, friend, I am sorry.

5 Likes

Are you purposely ignoring the next response in that thread?

It really seems you’re trying really hard to be ignorant

If you had alts before the pre dragonflight patch hit that was doing Shadowlands thread of fate they are able to do so

Any other character that goes through shadowlands in 10.0 have to do the whole process

2 Likes

alrighty.

Yeah this frustrated me as well, I leveled a new mage in dragonflight but have to do the entire shadowlands campaign on her again if I wanna go farm rares in ZM or whatever. Made me not wanna bother with shadowlands content at all, compared to legion where I’ve already gotten her class mount and hidden artifacts without doing zone stories etc.

4 Likes

I skip it by just never, ever going back there. It was the worst leveling in the game.

3 Likes

Again, another day, another topic, another instance of having to tell people the “secret”…

2 Likes

But I don’t need to level lmao. This character is capped. People want mounts and mogs. Has nothing to do with leveling.

I can’t access Zerth Mortis or Korthia on a capped character without doing the entire 9 chapters per zone starter campaign. This shouldn’t happen…

11 Likes

The skip is still available, but it looks like it only works for level 60’s. (Maybe higher too?)

I successfully completed the skip on 2 level 60’s.

My new level 60 Druid that I made 2 weeks ago to level from 1 for the heritage armor, was accosted by Fatescribe Roh-Tahl as soon as I chose the Maw skip, this happened a minute ago when I was testing the skip.

My Warrior that I leveled from 24-60 (dinged 1 day ago) who had also never been to SL, did the intro quests to Oribos and discovered Fatescribe Roh-Tahl off to the right in Oribos who offered a skip when spoken with.

My lvl 12 bank alt did the intro quests in Oribos and was not able to obtain the skip when talking to Fatescribe Roh-Tahl

My lvl 50 that I haven’t played since BfA was not able to obtain the skip.

I skipped the Maw Introduction on all of these characters.

6 Likes

That sounds pretty much the way it was before df, except the “fate” option was offered by the first guy you met, not as a completely separate quest hidden on the far side of the town.

1 Like

I just tried it on my level 27 auction toon. I collected the starter quest, then spoke to the Orc DK next to the quest giver, who had the option to skip, which I took. Got sent to Oribos, and started the NPC chat-and-move section. I can confirm that she couldn’t talk to Roh-Tahl for any skips. So it seems to be just higher level characters that can get the skips.

3 Likes

Threads of Fate was removed.

So did I make the mistake of dinging to 70, without choosing the skip at 60?

If that’s the case, why the heck is it so convoluted?

Because the Shadowlands story is the pinnacle of MMO storytelling that not even FFXIV can compare to. A masterpiece that transcends all to approach the levels of Shakespeare.

Why yes I might have spiked my coffee a bit with alcohol, why do you ask?

3 Likes

But now people are claiming that it’s not removed and were able to access to campaign skip a minute ago.

What gives? Why is this more convoluted then a conspiracy theorist performing mental gymnastics?