Why is the "PvP stat" tied to Trinkets in Shadowlands?

Why on earth would you guys take away the trinkets of PvP players in SL? basically requiring the use of PvP trinkets to effectively PvP?

Why not simply make it rings which no one cares about replacing as they don’t potentially have actives or procs? Want to use some darkmoon cards in PvP Man.

Or just make it an automatic stat change while in PvP areas???

Maybe I’m missing something from the recent blue post on a “PvP stat”

1 Like

Because it’s in our best interest to cut down on or eliminate the need to PvE for the best PvP gear. Trinkets have historically been the biggest offenders.

12 Likes

Just make the trinkets BoE so PvP players can buy them if they wish, or add them to PvP vendors with high cost requirements to obtain them?

Why? I’m okay with PvP trinkets that are sold at a reasonable price being BiS in PvP.

2 Likes

what about my alchemy trinket?

2 Likes

Yeah they should PVE gear better in every single way, so they can drop the charade.

1 Like

Are PvP trinkets actually required in SL PvP?

The partial stat bonus isn’t that big, so it seems more like it just helps PvP trinkets stay more competitive with PvE trinkets in PvP.

It’s a 20% jump in versatility, so pretty huge for PvP. But they could just make that baseline instead of requiring trinkets…

Only for the throughput side, not the defensive side.

Beta testers are saying the PvP trinkets’ set bonus is only a small bump to your throughput.

That’s not a huge increase, and there’s no bonus to the defensive portion of Versa.

I guess we’ll see, but after BFA, I won’t be surprised if PvE trinkets have OP procs in PvP that provide a much larger bonus to your throughput or burst.

Is this read as “It increases versatility by 20%” IE a 20% increase to throughput.

Or is it read as “Increases your versatility score by 20%” IE it increases my 20% versatility by 4% (to 24%) for a 4% increase in throughput.

First seems insane, second… possibly underwhelming if trinkets in nathria come through without everyone’s good friend secret-pvp-scaling toning them down after you farm them up.

That sounds almost like it’s bugged and wouldn’t do much of anything…Thought it was V + 20% not V * 1.20

So the base would be 20% + any gear stats.

Either way I still want to use my darkmoon cards damn it.

Yeah, the beta testers are underwhelmed by the PvP trinkets’ set bonus.

It’s this, it increases the versatility you have (not the defensive part).

Just like vers amps do now.

Without a nerf to PVE ones, I say it is not enough.

So assuming your stacking vers (u will be) It’s a 2% buff to that. But… we don’t have essences and traits giving the crazy vers buffs anymore

I’m not a PVP expert but that seems a bit lackluster.

I see where your going with this, and I agree, but why devalue a whole bunch of attainable gear, and all future attainable gear, when they can just buff the set bonus to be more comparable?

You are right to compare it to the Vers corruption, but a big part of why thats good because you can go insane with them for Defense, which this does not give.

I want PVP to be the best way to gear for PVP.

WIth PVE gear being easier and faster to get better gear and with raid trinkets vastly outperforming PVP ones, PVE is still looking to be the best way to gear for PVP.

What I really want is WoD gearing back.

Why not add this vers amp to all the PVP gear? Why just trinkets?

2 Likes

Resilience worked fine.
IMO add that back, ditch scaling, and… well that’s that.

Since good ideas bounce off blizzard like Demon hunters off of guardian druids though…

A +1% throughput per pvp piece also sounds good to me. And so simple too.

Or…just have PvP gear scale to be 20% higher in overall stats compared to the average PvE gear of the current tier. maybe 10% better at max than the top level raiding gear.

and also have it be craftable with custom stats…

I would be all over that too.

Anything to allow PVP gear to shine in PVP and without stepping on the toes of the PVE gear in PVE.

2 Likes

Because thats literally what people wanted. PVP gear should hands down be the best pvp gear…

I don’t want to raid to pvp. I dont want to do keys to pvp. I want to level to max level. Chill with my friends. Do a bunch of profession stuff. And pvp all day, with pvp gear.

5 Likes

Did they change the trinkets?

Last I read it was a 20% increase on your current stat level, which equated to like 2-3% increase. Basically trash, and any pve raid trinket combo will stomp them into dust