WHY is the disconnect bug STILL IN THE GAME since 9.1 or 9.0?

This has been LITERALLY MONTHS this has been going on and a game breaking bug is STILL in the game. Disconnect once, and then you get disconnected for the next 10-20 MINUTES UNLESS you decide to do a character unstuck. Small indie companies fix game-breaking bugs faster than this.

While the main theme is the same with disconnects, that doesn’t necessarily mean that it is the same thing causing it every time. There can be a great many factors that will cause disconnect issues to happen.

2 Likes

Yet it only ever became a thing in Shadowlands. It’s game-breaking, and absurd that any kind of disconnect that happens to you on your end, the game repeatedly will disconnect you for the next 10-20 minutes unless you perform a character unstuck. THAT, is not on me. If a character unstuck fixes it every single time, then blizz needs to start fixing some bugs and stop with these sad little hotfixes of theirs and fix the real problems.

1 Like

If this were a major problem, would the forums not be awash with identical bug reports?

And I do mean awash, not two or three anecdotal posts. Like when servers go down unexpectedly, within five minutes there’s a thread here with a hundred posts in it. That’s the kind of evidence I’d be looking for (dozens of threads, hundreds or thousands of responses) if it were a widespread bug affecting the entire game and every user.

No such situation exists.

Also, saying ‘the disconnect bug’ is like saying ‘car engine died’. You know there isn’t only one reason your car engine dies. It varies from person to person, from car model to car model, from environmental conditions to other environmental conditions, from this level of preventative maintenance to that level of preventative maintenance.

End users might think all ‘disconnect bugs’ are related and are easy fixes. They are not. Look, surely you have or have had a job, and at that job you have some expertise. How do you react when a customer or a subordinate or even a boss says, “Just do this, it’s easy,” yet you know it is anything but easy? Yeah, same difference here, except you are now the customer on the other side of the counter.

If you’d like particular help with your connection, or disconnects, or other issues, you might start by posting in Technical Support. Plenty of people have their issues solved all the time via help from support.

2 Likes

Happens to anyone when they disconnect in my guild and friends i have. and It might just be the server. No idea. Go on Tichondrius and disconnect by stopping your net and reconnect and try to login. Itll happen to you too. It’s a major problem that’s just not getting fixed. Never in my entire time of playing wow have i had a problem like this and it be my actual fault on my end.

Okay. So start a thread in tech support, and they will help you, because this time, it might very well be (explanation for that in my previous post.)

1 Like